main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I guess you had to be there . . . : Your favorite JC anecdotes

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by poor yorick, Jul 9, 2018.

1. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Inspired by the "Way We Were" thread, I checked out my first recorded thread, which was from '06:
    "Based On A True Story:" film your favorite JC moment. Not a terrific thread, but in it I reminisce about an event I'd totally forgotten about--that time Errant_Venture & malkieD2 went mano a mano with the entire 3SA forum. For some reason they were the only mods on one night right around RotS's release. 3SA's front page was filling up with stupid and redundant n00b threads faster than they could close them. At some point during the wee hours E_V staggered into Comms and basically said, "It's horrible out there! I can't stand another minute! God help me, I turned the new thread creation function off . . . don't kill me, you circling vultures!"

3SA's reaction was essentially, "*golf clap* Good show, old boy. Nice weather for it."

You know there were some epically stupid threads being posted when the most fractious forum on the site is happy to have its new thread creation function turned off.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    With the vastest of shame I admit to producing a fair share of the TOOL-themed threads which sullied the first page of YJCC on that disastrous day in history.

4. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    My ALL TIME favorite was the ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY so many posters had in believing Senator and the subsequently Chancellor Palpatine and Darth Sidious were 2 different people / beings despite the Occam's Razor clearness that existed in soooooooo many ways.

It went on endlessly -- and I just wanted to see a new thread posted along the lines of "I am here to be counted, identified, and exposed as one of many who insisted they were not the same person but am now offering my firmest mea culpa"

And I wanted it locked for posterity to be looked back upon for eternity. [face_laugh]

Prime Jedi and poor yorick like this.
  5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I actually found an image of the first page of JCC from 5-19-2005 on the Wayback Machine. Sadly, there are no TOOL-themed threads to be found. Perhaps the snapshot was from before the spree?

(I can't get a good screencap, so here's a link.)

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Shinjo's House of Weird People!

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That time when FanForce Sweden started a war with FanForce Canada. It was a bit unclear how the war played out, but Sweden won and Canada sent us a bottle of maple syrup as a tribute, which we ceremoniously consumed during a big pancake party.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Bib....he was going to be the first person to hit 100,000 posts, by a mile, and really wanted it. He got permbanned before reaching his goal. [face_rofl]

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Love can't blossom on a messageboard, lol...

Healer_Leona likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    GrandAdmiralJello is within 5K of 100K. he's at the top of the Notable Members list. (Pretty sure banned users aren't included on that).

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If memory serves you show up on that list unless you suffer the OMEGA SANCTION - THE BAN THAT IS REGISTRATION. Mostly because we had to do that to a certain individual to get them off it. That could've changed with the upgrade, though.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If that's the case then Jello is definitely top of the list.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    @Coric used to make art based on **** from LACWAC.

[​IMG]

This next one involved some guy named moonman who had apparently never seen the Star Wars movies (supposedly he had only seen TCW) and was getting pissed off about being spoiled on Star Wars basics, like the fact that Anakin was Darth Vader.
    [​IMG]

There's also one with Slowpokeking where he spent like fifty pages talking about how TCW should have had Anakin hook up with Obi-Wan's girlfriend.

Everyone has one with Slowpokeking, it could be its own thread. Post your Slowpokeking experiences.

14. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    huuuuuuuuh?

I've only run into Slowpokeing once, but I can't remember the thread. Felt kinda bad for him because it's obvious he's a pariah.

15. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    The YJCC helped me raise an orphaned baby squirrel and even named her LOLLERBLADES! (all caps with an exclamation mark) [face_love]

16. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Trust me, his reputation is well-earned.

17. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Mentioned this elsewhere:
    - Blue Yoda. Nuff said

- Me and others started a campaign in the forums to push for a ‘Braveheart’ charge scene in AOTC. A Lucasfilm spy later confirmed to TFN that there would be such a scene and he referenced Bravehart, suggesting LFL read our forums (not that the scene on Geonosis was necessarily because of us, but maybe....)

- Me and a few others started the ‘Darth Kimball would be in AOTC’ rumor. Got picked up by Corona Coming Attractions, Ain’t it Cool, etc. Guilty as charged.

18. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    *BONK!*

dolphin likes this.
  19. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Has to be the Cult of the Blue Numbers.

20. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Somewhere I still have a whole bunch of graphics and stuff from being a member of Empress Amsie's handmaidens...that was fourteen million years ago omg.