main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Clone Wars was back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 19, 2018.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Looks like we’ll finally see the Siege of Mandalore.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, interesting news.

3. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Is it just one season or more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Clicked on the vidlink, then decided this needs to be seen downstairs, on the PS4 screen.

DarkEagle and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Not sure. Word from SDCC suggests at least a season (that is, more than just a SoM arc).

Looks like a 12 episode run?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  6. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Seems that way. It looks like some of the footage shown was from thr Bad Batch arc.

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    No, none of that footage was from Bad Batch, the shots on Anaxes are all new.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  8. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I can't overstate my hype for this! TCW deserves to be finished! Does anyone know if by Disney Direct to Consumer they mean the streaming service? Or are there other platforms under that category this could be released under? I'm not sure I can wait more than a year.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Also, this is the first TCW season to be canon and not Legends too (probably).

ANAXES

10. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I wonder if they'll include the Utapau and Bad Bach arcs since those were mostly complete and released online. Also I think we may see the Kashyyk and Mon Cala arcs. But regardless THE SEIGE OF MANDALOR!!!

I do hope they use these episodes to give the Seperatists some more attention.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

starfish, Jedi Ben, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Well it had one of the clones from the Bad Batch in the shot, and why would they have that if they weren't going to include those episodes?

vncredleader likes this.
  14. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    well this is the best news iv had all year !!

15. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I was episodes devoted to the Temple Guard/Inquisitor!

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Batch were set to appear in further episodes, the only one we knew about was the Wookiee arc, but from this new shot on Anaxes it suggests that they had a role to play in the Siege of Mandalore too.

17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-the-clone-wars-to-return

Just announced by Dave Filoni at San Diego Comic-Con during a 10th anniversary celebration of the beloved animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be returning with 12 all-new episodes on Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service. Created by George Lucas, the show first aired in 2008 and became an entry point into Star Wars for an entire generation, following fan-favorites like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padmé Amidala, while introducing major new characters like Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex. Its stories were complex, its heroes and villains were perfectly imperfect, and its look was captivatingly beautiful. It became a multi-Emmy winner and is now regarded as essential Star Wars.

But it was never finished. The Clone Wars ended after five broadcast seasons — just as Ahsoka left the Jedi Order. A few post-Season Five episodes were later released as “The Lost Missions,” but the story wasn’t over. Fans have clamored for Disney and Lucasfilm to finish what was started ever since. And now it’s actually happening.

StarWars.com recently caught up with Filoni, supervising director and shepherd of the series, to discuss the shocking return of The Clone Wars. You can also check out the trailer above, which debuted at the panel, and a striking new poster below.
    [​IMG]

StarWars.com: Did you ever think this would be possible? That we’d get here?

Dave Filoni: No. I didn’t, I really didn’t.

StarWars.com: What can you say about the fans’ enthusiasm over the years and, really, their role in making this happen?

Dave Filoni: Well, thankfully, their enthusiasm is relentless. Their love of these characters and stories hasn’t diminished. I actually think their voice has gotten louder as the years have gone by. It’s been very humbling to have their support and to have people continue to hashtag me, “#SaveTheCloneWars.”

StarWars.com: To you personally, what does it mean to get to finish it?

Dave Filoni: Personally, it’s very rewarding. Any opportunity to put the final pieces of the story in place is meaningful as a storyteller. I’m happy for the opportunity to define these things and the end of this part of the Clone War. It also makes me reflect on all the people that I got to work with over the years. It reinforces the things I learned from George. It reminds me of the important elements that go into making Star Wars. So, it’s nice on several levels, and I think for the crew that’s still here that worked on Clone Wars, they feel that, as well.

StarWars.com: What do you think it is, 10 years later now, that made this show resonate so much with people, and made it stick with them, and gave it the strength to come back?

Dave Filoni: I think the variety of stories was a big part of it. You also can’t underestimate how important it was that so many people grew up with the show. Clone Wars was a piece of Star Wars that older fans might have, initially, not taken seriously because it was animated, but that wasn’t a barrier for kids. They loved the clones and identified with them. Ahsoka gave kids a character that was like them — someone their age that was experiencing life’s challenges and learning along the way. Plus, having a new episode each week really allowed us to explore what was going on with the new and legacy characters in a dynamic way, including Anakin and Obi-Wan. I think the stories left an indelible impression and, of course, George knew it would. He always knew.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This is good....If Siege of Mandalore ends the way it was originally intended then I feel that this season might FINALLY heal some "Old Wounds" (heh-pun intended) that were caused with Clone Wars cancellation and might finally let people move on.

19. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Was maul at the siege of mandalore or am i remembering it wrong from the Ahsoka book ?

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I am assuming Dark Disciple and the Siege of Mandalore will make it to the big screen.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So if we’re seeing Anaxes.... we’ll probably see it destroyed.

That’s gonna be hard to watch.

RavagerFish likes this.
  22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm hoping for a lot of Ventress death. Way more than the filthy Mandalorians falling back into their innately warlike and evil ways.

23. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Honestly, this has thrown pretty much my entire perception of things for a loop. I used to tell people that wanted to bring the clone wars back to move on and that it would never happen. But holy **** I was completely wrong. I just... Wow. Kudos Lucasfilm.

24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Isn't that Anaxes clip from the bad batch arc? Even though they are only twelve new episodes being released, I hope Lucasfilm still intend to animate the arcs that we've already seen during TCW legacy.

25. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Dark Disciole and Son of Dathomir I wouldn't think so. They have already been released in their own mediums and it would be a waste to dwell on them here. Seige of Mandalore is probably a definite, though.

Supreme Leader Woke and kalzeth like this.