main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well it sounds like it would be cheaper for Disney to produce the undeveloped one because they pretty much did the voice work already for them years ago and all it really takes is the animation.

I think it will just be the undeveloped stuff that gets made and not anything that requires new scripts and voice work.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Interesting thought! For example, if this is all we are getting and definitively no more, maybe they might move Bad batch interactions from the Yoda arc into Siege as one example. Mix and match if you will.

3. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    No thanks, I'll stick with Rebels.

4. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Safe to say there will not be any “filler episodes” . Siege and some sith stuff will be enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    One of the fantastic things about TCW was how episodes that seem to be filler like Lightsaber Lost ended up being important to the overall story being told. At first glance, it was easy to miss the speech Palps was giving in the background. Fast forward to the end of Season 5 and there is pay off for paying attention to the background. I can't wait to see all those other little connections pan out. One of the things I adored about TCW and hopefully will enjoy, again is how it doesn't spoon feed me but forces me to think about these things.

6. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    I wonder who's going to voice Palpatine in it?

7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm hoping for Ian McDiarmid (remember he voiced Sheev in Rebels) or Sam Witwer if Ian doesn't

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wouldn't that be something? Palps went through three VAs before they could get McDiarmid back for the role, and now we're likely going to get more Palpatine appearances.

9. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, the SIege of Mandalore didn't have any actual animation or VO work done. Just concept art and a general story. And that one's been pretty much confirmed.

10. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Great news! I'm so excited! I'm a late fan to this show but I've grown to love it!

Does this mean we will get an official bridge into ROTS like the old Gendy clone wars show did? Any chance we will see a canon rendition of "that business on Cato Nemodia" previously detailed only in the Legends novel Labyrinth of Evil?

11. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    I loved that background speech too, so easy to miss if you don't have subtitles on. Palpatine is truly a master manipulator.

And speaking of foreshadowing, I've had a theory for a while now that Filoni was setting up clone trooper Warthog (the one Plo kept rescuing in dogfights) to be the one that shoots Plo down during Order 66. Half wondering if the Siege of Mandalore will have a galaxy-wide montage at that moment, since we know from the Ahsoka novel that the siege is ongoing when 66 comes down. We might find out.

12. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    That business on Cato Nemoidia doesn't..doesn't count.
    I really wish we would get something like the old Clone Wars show did, that bridged right into the battle at the beginning of ROTS.
    I think maybe the last thing would be some Bounty Hunter stuff, maybe resolve the proverbial Question of Cad Bane that people have been wondering about.
    It's not important, but maybe show Rex following Fives' advice and removing the Order 66 chip, and him encouraging some other friends to do so as well.

13. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    A montage epilogue is a good bet, given how the Rebels series finale ended.

Ever since that finale, I'd been picturing an epilogue ending like that for TCW - voice over by Ahsoka, montages of the temple slaughter, Ahsoka and Rex putting together their fake graves and then parting ways, walking off into the sunset (again ;))

And this time, Ahsoka will trust herself - because there's no one left.

Fade out to final credits.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it'd be great to include a stinger at the end in which we get the scene from the novel where Bail has Ahsoka onboard the Tantive III and they discuss the rebellion, to echo Yoda and Obi Wan discussing their plan for Luke and Leia in Bail's company, and to form strong connective tissue with Rebels. That would be perfect, I think.

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I wonder what they will do with darth maul in the show if he makes an appearance ? [face_dunno]

16. Pythaga

Pythaga Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 14, 2018
    I’m more excited for this than I’ve been for any of the Disney movies. TCW was an awesome series, a mix of so many great genres and storylines in the universe we all love. I’m looking back at info about the arcs planned for S7 that was released after the show was canceled - we’re almost certainly getting Siege of Mandalore which is awesome, I really hope that we’ll get to see the Cad Bane/Boba Fett arc as well.

I assume that Filoni and crew aren’t going to perfectly stick with the storylines they wrote for any arcs before the show was canceled. Chances are we’ll see a big tie-in with Solo and his cameo in that movie. I.E. background on the crime syndicate (potential for the underworld arc/1313) and how Maul came to rule it.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The full story of how Brigadier General Meebur Gascon swiftly climbed the galactic political ladder, and found himself pulling Palpatine’s puppet strings during the Dark Times? Yes please.

18. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I hope episodes are longer than usual because then they can cover arcs in like two episodes in stead of four. The more arcs the better imo.

19. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    I'm surprised that they revived it, and in the same old style no less. Wonder what other resources they have here...

20. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Can't wait to see the Siege of Mandalore arc finally released!

I don't mind the other episodes being the Utapau and Bad Batch arcs in their final forms, but I would prefer an animated adaption of Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir, or one of the other storylines that haven't been released in any form yet.

I feel like the Bounty Hunter arc is unlikely though if a Boba Fett solo movie is in the works. Then there's also the issue of Aurra Sing
    Being killed off in this arc despite having a different fate revealed in Solo. Unless they keep it ambiguous enough that she survived. It would be an interesting element to her character being the bounty hunter where no matter how much you try to take her out, she will always find a way to survive. First Ahsoka causing her crash in Slave I, then in an encounter with Boba Fett/Cad Bane, then her ambiguous fall at the hands of Tobias Beckett. I'd personally love for her to still be around post-Solo.

21. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I wonder if they'll make Crystal crisis and Bad batch into fully animated episodes. Given that they have been released before maybe they will replace them with other arcs?

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Rationally, I expect these 12 new eps to be the standard 22-minutes, and to cover the Ahsoka arcs Filoni talked about wanting to share the most. That would be the logical move.

However, my blind optimist brain says that since there are exactly 12 arcs that weren't finished... make each ep an hour and 20 minutes, and you have a series of mini-movies. And TCW would finally be complete.

Though that implies that they wanted to fund 48 22-minute episodes in the usual format ;)

Edit: Ah rats, there were actually 13 unfinished arcs, not 12. So they'd need 52 more eps to complete the show.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  23. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Speaking of "bridging TCW into ROTS", I think it's very likely that we'll get something like this in Siege of Mandalore. It has been confirmed that Anakin and Obi-Wan had to leave Mandalore because Palpatine had been kidnapped by Grievous on Coruscant.

My prediction: If Siege of Mandalore consists of 4 episodes, Anakin and Obi-Wan will appear only in the first two. They will leave Mandalore at the end of the second episode to rescue the chancellor.

The third episode then just features Ahsoka, Rex, Bo-Katan and Maul on Mandalore and ends with Palpatine issuing Order 66.

The fourth and final episode is all about Ahsoka escaping Order 66 with the help of Rex. It may also feature how Maul escaped.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Like I said in the other thread, they are most likely taking the unfinished 8 episodes from the Utapau and Bad Batch arcs and the only actually new production is the Mandalore arc that was meant to be the series finale. After all, the whole point is to give some closure to this so it's understandable that they would pick that over anything else to produce.

Although, I was under the impression that the final arc had three episodes, not four. So they might put in some standalone episode that was already under production too.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I want to see these 3 arcs most:

- Son of Dathomir
    - Bounty Hunters
    - Siege of Mandalore

Dark Disciple is an honorary mention.