main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    All I can add to this:

It makes me really happy to see that the stories Filoni and his team conceived will finally be told, especially because it is likely there is still a lot of influence from George Lucas in them.

EDIT: I just noticed that incredible micro acting moment from McDiarmid where he's so overjoyed his secret plan is working out he can't help but lick his lips like a reptile.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hopefully Filoni uses this to officially close out the series & connect 2 sets of dots. This is an opportunity to connect to ROTS, Rebels & close out of TCW so he can focus again on the Resistance show which I have no interest in. I really think Ahsoka & Sabine are his babies now. Like how Luke & Anakin were for George.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I hope not. I hope he sticks to what was originally intended, which means not shoving ties to Rebels.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Didn't they do a certain amount of voice work already? it might be Tim Curry.

Unless he appears in one they didn't complete... in which case perhaps they got Ian to do it when he also did rebels?

5. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
  6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    This is probably all it will be. Finish the Bad Batch, Crystal Crisis and Siege. I just want to know when it will be on DVD.

7. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Hopefully not as he was pathetic as Palpatine with his VO.

Iron_lord, IHeartKenobi89 and podjazd like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They did not do any animation or voice work for the Seige of Mandalore.

9. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    On another thread, someone suggested that the 12 episodes should be 90 minute episodes/movies so you can fit in more arcs which makes sense because didn't they have like 3 seasons worth of material and 12 episodes is way too short to properly cover all of them.

IHeartKenobi89 and King Maul like this.
  10. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I'm guessing three arcs, Bad Batch, Utapau and Mandalore.

11. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Agreed! I'm actually worried about this aspect now that Lucas is out to be honest..

IHeartKenobi89 and Jesta' like this.
  12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    The most I'd expect is an easter egg, or a name drop or something. No actual direct story connections.

Just a wink and a nod.

13. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    @Tuskin38 I sincerely hope that you are proven right.

IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  14. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I agree, to the extent that they don't contradict canon. Like, as an example, if Rex wasn't originally intended to have removed his chip, as was depicted in Rebels, then they need to adjust that.

15. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    In my best Seinfeld voice... "Filoni, you magnificent bastard, YOU DID IT!!!"

This is way more exciting than the new movies. Sorry, but it is. TCW is one of the best additions to SW ever!!! I am very excited.

16. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I almost wonder if they had Ian record dialogue for this when he went in to record for Rebels.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Maybe. There's at least one scene with him in Ahsoka's walkabout, in the bowels of the Jedi Temple, where he goes Sidious-modus to search for ancient force knowledge. I'd rather he not speak during that scene though, minus maybe a cackle or two. They'll probably recycle the inevitable "Execute Order 66" from RoTS.

[​IMG]

18. Pythaga

Pythaga Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 14, 2018
    I hope nothing is changed durastically to fit in with Rebels or the new canon, I really don’t like Rebels and I want this to fit nicely into the legends timeline.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    The Clone Wars will fit into new canon with Rebels and Sequels. Of course it will and nothing needs to be changed. Rebels were based on these episodes after all. Sequels have little to do with it anyway. If you didn't like Rebels or the sequels you may still like new TCW. Connections are probable but they will probably remain little.

It may not fit so well with the legends-timeline. But to be honest TCW never did. TCW was the one that practically started the new canon by changing things radically and caused issues that eventually lead to legends-canon split. Sure the split was made for the sequels, but TCW had already started to change things (Mandalore, death of Even Piell, origin of Sifo-Dyas, Moraband) so TCW is the one that started it all.

Now when Lucas is out of the game I think TCW may also start to fit better into legends-canon than it actively did before. Legends were heavily referenced in Solo and in Rebels as well so I don't think old school Legends-fan needs to worry that much. But new canon is not going to be overwritten by old Legends-canon any time soon.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It shouldn't be made to fit anything but the movies. All they need to do is materialize what they set out to do years ago with Lucas, where all they had were the six movies to be compatible with.

21. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Amen

As far as I'm concerned that makes it Legends. T canon over comics and books.

IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  22. Pythaga

Pythaga Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 14, 2018
    Yes, I do agree that TCW did start the legends split and did screw stuff up. However I do hope Filoni doesn’t blatantly overwrite existing legends material in these new episodes.

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    it's been years. Legends will always be there, but its continuity has ended. These episodes will fit within the disney canon, even if they contradict legends.

edit: not going to get into the whole TCW is/isn't legends debate. My subjective opinion is that it certainly is not.

IHeartKenobi89 and Pythaga like this.
  24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    TCW fortunately never followed the EU/Legends to begin with, why would they start now? I just hope they don't go shove in ties to the new EU (for lack of a better term).

25. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    =D=...Thank You. Doing anything else is like giving green light to Disney to remake other things...[face_worried][face_shhh][face_beatup]

IHeartKenobi89 and Pythaga like this.