main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I hope Filoni works his magic and gets Ian back for Palpatine.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    For those who see Filoni as saving Star Wars from Kennedy’s clutches, please accept a simple truth: Kennedy is his boss. She greenlit this project. So she’s just as responsible as he is.

Credit where it’s due. To Filoni AND Kennedy.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    nobody here is talking about it in that context. We're just happy and excited that we're getting more, no matter who gave the go-ahead. It's more appropriate to credit the fan base who have been requesting it this whole time.

IHeartKenobi89, ZodaEX and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s why I said “those” and didn’t refer to anyone in this thread. On social media, a number of fans are promoting a “Filoni saves SW” meme, and calling for him to replace Kennedy.

The fan base played a positive, constructive role on this one (unlike the twitter activism directed at TLJ). And yes, fans deserve credit for sending a clear and respectful demand signal. But Filoni carried that message internally, and Kennedy decided to greenlight it. So they both desecrve credit and praise.

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well Rebels feels more like a Sequel to Clone Wars in many ways then it does the films. so i wouldn't be shocked if they threw in some little bits of rebels connectivity in the new Clone Wars.

But if they are going by the scripts they produced before rebels then they would likely be subtle connections like maybe a background padawan looking like a young Kanan

Infact id be surprised if there wasn't at least a little bit of temptation to do that.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's probably too early to discuss; but does anyone know what the terms might be for Disney's streaming service? I don't subscribe to any streaming service without knowing in advance that there are shows/movies I'm interested in (Amazon Prime doesn't count because I get it for the free shipping). Hopefully they'll give you the option to subscribe as long as the season airs and cancel anytime.

IHeartKenobi89 and Snafu55 like this.
  7. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Yes...hence why I'm worried. This is a deliberate move...To quote Kenobi, nothing happens by accident.

IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  8. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Something like that will probably happen.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The films are not sequels to TCW. TCW is a spin-off of the films.

For the record, I don't care if other works reference TCW or the movies for that matter. But would prefer if they don't shoehorn references in Lucas' stories to works that he wasn't involved in.

10. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Deliberate move why? Planning probably started in 2016, or 2017 after Filoni became head of the Animation division. These things don't happen in a day.

I could see maybe an 'easter egg' in the background or a name drop, but no solid story connections, nothing dependant.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. This was not in response to the TLJ "divide" or any nonsense like that. It's been in the works for a while.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/17...reaming-service-cost-heres-what-bob-iger-says

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    The service doesn't open until fall 2019, so there is very little info.

14. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    All the Star Wars movies, shows, and lucasfilm products will be exclusively moved there. Also, all the Pixar products and Disney movies. I'm not sure about marvel since they have an exclusive deal with some of their shows on netflix. But, anything that isn't a marvel netflix exclusive or R-rated, I'm gonna guess is moving there. Also, Disney owns a lot, especially with the recent buyout of Fox.

From Wikipedia:
    "It is expected that the service will have approximately 7000 episodes of television and 500 movies.[9] It will have no R-rated films, which will go to Hulu,[10] of which Disney owns 30% and, through the proposed acquisition of 21st Century Fox announced in December 2017 if it closes, an additional 30%."

15. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    @Tuskin38

So you say...and YES the Bad Batch is there...but who guarantees me Disney won't go beyond what was planned if this is received well or that they won't change what Lucas had plan for those stories, and if that happens, what does this mean for HIS story, The Saga..considering what has happen so far? I'm happy that you guys will get the Bad Batch, but I a have right to feel weary and yes, the timing is peculiar to me.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But here's the kicker: the movies will show up there only after they've had their run through the theaters and home video releases, right? It's not like that would be the only way to watch them. I'm pretty content with my own home video library. I have the OT trilogy on Blu-Ray as well as Rogue One. I'm waiting until after Ep. IX comes out to get the ST trilogy. I like to get the sets in a single case. And if I ever wanted to watch the movies I don't have, my local library has a very good collection (in collaboration with other libraries from around the county). I'm extremely picky when it comes to television shows. Just having access to so many episodes of television isn't an incentive for me.

So getting back to my point, I could essentially subscribe to the service for the duration of time that the new TCW episodes air (and maybe see if there are other shows available on the network that I'd like), and still cancel it whenever I want. There's no contracts to get you locked in for a year or so.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My understanding is that there are some Star Wars spinoff movies that will go exclusively to the streaming service as well as some other TV content. I was already planning to subscribe.

I have Hulu Live, Amazon, Netflix, and HBO Go (because mranakinfan has to watch Westworld :p ); what’s one more (and probably still cheaper than Spectrum cable).

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I subscribe to Verizon Fios; complete with every premium channel except Cinemax and Epix (which shouldn't count because it has crappy movies anyway). Yes, I know I'm probably paying for at least three dozen channels I never watch whatsoever; but it's still less of a hassle and I only get one bill. And I don't know how it works to get the local TV networks while you're only subscribing to the streaming services.

19. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    How much does it cost to subscribe? Do any of you know?

20. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    If you're talking about Disney's streaming platform, it is not online yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

21. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Ok, just wondering. Thanks:)

22. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    I saw emergency awesome posted a video like a week ago with an image for something like it that said like $8.99 per month I think?
    I could be totally wrong.

IHeartKenobi89 and teamhansolo like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm glad to have more clone wars, its good see the gang again. Most likley, Ashoka's journeys her 12 episodes. Underworld, sith shrine and siege of mandolore.

24. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    This news totally surprised me yesterday.

For me, this is perhaps the best Star Wars related announcement/news that I've heard in a long while. I can't wait for these new episodes, and, not to get greedy, but I hope we'll eventually get more than 12 episodes!

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Personally I haven't been this excited over a con announcement since the teaser for Final Fantasy VII remake was shown at E3 2015.