main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars: Age of Republic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by iPodwithnomusic, Jul 20, 2018.

1. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Yes please!

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

3. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Nice! I love the focus on the Prequel era. Finally! These announcements didn't disappoint! I hope some of the issues are early Clone Wars. At least the Anakin and Grievous ones. I'd like to see the Padme and Dooku ones be either Separatist Crisis or early war.

Vizzy91, Revanfan1, MrDarth0 and 4 others like this.
  4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Nice, can’t wait to get to the age of resistance issues.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    GRIEEEEEEEEEVOUS![face_love][face_love][face_love]

6. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    So overwhelmed in a good way with all this Star Wars goodness!!!

7. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    It seems like we are getting everything we have been asking for cant wait !!

DarthJaceus and tatooinesandworm like this.
  8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Yes! More Anakin!

9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Finally Jango is getting some love!

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love this, more prequel era content. Qui gon and maul being before TPM, the rest hopefully in the 10 year gap. I hope for more in that timeline.

11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    And here I was thinking there was going to be a bit of a SW draught until fall 2019. Clone Wars being revived, a new Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon book like I've always wanted and now this. We're on a roll here!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Vizzy91, Revanfan1, Vialco and 2 others like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't tell from the imagery if this is IDW or Marvel? Looks like it might be Marvel.

Interesting concept.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  13. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG] A DOOKU ISSUE. AND GRIEVOUS. [​IMG] And more Maul art by Luke Ross!

The second image in the OP (the slide with Maul cover art) says "(Marvel)" under the text title and above the cover art.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks, couldn't quite make it out. Hmm, 30 issues - say 3 OHCs and an Omnibus triple-dip.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cool to see Luke Ross drawing Maul again- that's a guarantee that those issues will at least look great. Also nothing but great stuff from Jody Houser as well.

But wow, Tom Taylor with his canon debut. I loved Blood Ties, so I can only hope he's writing the Jango story.

16. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Tom Taylor is doing all the Resistance issues and Jody Houser is doing all the Republic issues. I'm also excited for Tom Taylor's work, I loved his recent All-New Wolverine series. He also did Darth Maul: Death Sentence, which I think was pretty good but I haven't read it in awhile.

17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    This sounds great! And Tom Taylor of Invasion, Blood Ties and Darth Maul death Sentance?!? Thank you MARVEL for hiringa writer from the Dark Horse Era!

Do we know the artists for these?

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nice to hear more comic news, and that it'll actually cover the prequel and sequel eras, rather than just the OT. I recognize Pak and Taylor (he's the one who wrote that excellent dragonsnake comic, right?), so those should be good. Hm, I wonder if they'll time the Resistance issues to come out during the lead-up to IX, or hopefully earlier than that.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh yeah, didn't read that closely enough. But still, whatever he writes I'm sure Taylor's stuff will be good.

20. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Excited for these. Need to get back into the comics. Dropped off about 3 months ago due to the art in the mainline series being atrocious. Now to decide whether to hold out for hardcovers or the omnibus (if they do one).

Jedi Ben and kalzeth like this.
  21. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I would have preferred an ongoing series that lasts more then 8 issues focused mostly on pre clone wars content, but I'm still looking forward to this.

Jo B1 Kenobi and Count Yubnub like this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  23. MarcelloF91

MarcelloF91 Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2015
    Sounds good. I can't say much about Jody Houser, but I've been enjoying Greg Pak's Mech Cadet Yu. Tom Taylor is the author I'm most excited for here, though. His Injustice stuff was really great (Haven't started his Injustice 2 comics) and I've been enjoying X-Men Red.

24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    What with all these great announcements, this was a bad week to be made redundant....

25. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm very excited for the Tom Taylor of Blood Ties. Less excited for the Tom Taylor of Invasion. But regardless, it will be interesting to see a DH-era writer tackle something substantive for Marvel, especially since Invasion was roughly the DH equivalent of a Resistance-era comic.

All of Taylor's stuff for DH had a lot of references to his other DH comics, like the old Jedi from Invasion appearing as a padawan in his Maul comic. I wonder if we'll see some of his DH-era stuff show up in these.

Supreme Leader Woke and spicer like this.