main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Music Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Abrapork Lincoln, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    because it's a video game I spent an embarrassing amount of time playing I still can't unhear this when it comes to Ezra's theme/leitmotif.

and yes, I know Kiner's inspiration was more likely this, but whenever it pops up in the show I can't help but hear the other - especially if it's an action variant. :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Larsonator, henryj95 and bergs1975 like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  4. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    David Glen Russell has once again posted an excerpt of the score sheet for a cue on his Twitter, this time from the final (Family Reunion - and Farewell), and is challenging people to guess where it is in the episode.

Larsonator likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    well that horn rip should make it easy to find...

6. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    And the answer. The "Shootout in the Shield Generator" cue.

7. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    I emailed the Kiner Brothers to ask them about Push Through & the first cue of Sabine Suite (00:00-00:44).

They couldn't remember where Push Through was used or written for and couldn't find it in their archive either unfortunately, and the first cue of Sabine Suite is "the first sketch of her theme that [Sean] submitted".

Don't know if anyone else finds that interesting or not but thought someone might.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think Push Through was released in the soundcloud dump of Season 2 music we were treated to prior to most of the season airing. My guess from the name of the track and its overall mood is that it is an alternate track for S2E11 "Legacy" during the battle sequence on Garel where the Rebels have to 'push through' to escape

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  9. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Yeah, I've thought that too, as it syncs perfectly but wanted to double check with the composer, although I've found a "Rebels Escape" cue title from Legacy credited to David Glen Russell & Matthew St. Laurent that seems like it would go with that scene, so I guess Push Through could be an alternate of that.

10. Darth Mahler

Darth Mahler Composer - The Clone Wars, Rebels, The Bad Batch VIP

Dec 3, 2016
    That cue isn't me and it doesn't sound like Matt (although I wouldn't swear to it!!). Not sure which episode/scene it would be from.

11. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Interesting... it's certainly registered to the two of you (+Kevin, but all Rebels cues seem to be) in the GEMA repertoire, and I only think it's from that episode as it's registered between "Rebel Fleet Launches" supposedly 01:15 (credited to Sean Kiner, possibly Imperials Incoming on the Kiner Brothers site) & "Ryder" supposedly 00:17 (credited to David Glen Russell) which would seem to both be from Legacy, although with just the cue titles its all guess work. (As you can probably tell, I'm quite obsessive about the score...)

Also, David Glen Russell has released all of his cues from A Fool's Hope!
    Cargo Ship Arrives
    Target the Crawler
    Crawler Down
    Hera's Arrival (Already released on StarWars.com)
    Ghost Pursued

I've updated the spreadsheet to include these.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  12. Darth Mahler

Dec 3, 2016

I meant to say the cue linked above "Push Through" isn't me and doesn't sound like Matt. The cue from Legacy is an edit of some of my stuff and some of Matt's stuff and some of Kevin's. I don't think "Push Through" would be an alt for that. I believe there are very few alt cues. They do exist but most of them would just be slight fixes or tweaks from Dave's notes (for instance, in the finale I did the cue when the crew finally blows up the dome. I had a small fix int hat where Dave wanted something to build over about a bar or so. It is a small fix compared to the length of the overall cue). There are a few full rewrite alts but the cue in Legacy wouldn't be one of those.

13. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Ah, right. That makes sense, the Push Though cue came from the Kiner Brothers site so I know it was either Sean or Dean Kiner, but it's interesting to know that cues with tracked music got online repertoire entries when I thought it was just the cues with entirely original content that did. I guess the other cues that credit more than one composer are just edits as-well then. Thanks! This is really fascinating. Seems you got some of the most important (and memorable) scenes in the finale; Ezra confronting Thrawn, the Purrgil scenes and the rebels blowing up the dome!

14. Darth Mahler

Dec 3, 2016
    Yeah I was really glad to have some really important scenes. The scene with Ezra and Thrawn on the bridge was the last cue I wrote. It was kind of emotional when I finished it. I also did the scene where the wolves run with the Ghost. I was told that Dave loved the shot when the wolves run so I had to make it good!

15. Keldon

Keldon Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2018
    I love the music from the finale, esp how the full authentic Williams music was allowed to cap the series in proper fashion.

Dave Filoni is the only one at Lucasfilm getting it right on all fronts.

Larsonator likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I feel like an idiot for not realizing sooner that this is totally Ghosts of Mortis. It'd be fun to go back and find all of the self references to TCW now that Rebels is over. Might have to do that.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  17. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    on that point, I wasn't so oblivious as to not notice this quote of the Death Watch theme from TCW. Great juxtaposition with the Kamino music from AoTC; the connection there being Jango, who was supposedly born on Concord Dawn. Music associated with Jango being used to introduce a Mandalorian world? I wonder what that could mean... *cough* Jango is Mandalorian *cough*

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  18. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    The season four DVD/Bluray is to include an extra dedicated to Kevin Kiner's score!

What a great way to top off an already amazing release! I really cannot wait for this. We just need season 3&4 soundtrack releases now...

Larsonator and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  19. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  20. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    David Glen Russell has released a cue from Family Reunion - and Farewell: Shootout in the Shield Generator. I've updated the spreadsheet to include this. (I've also tidied the spreadsheet up a bit, should be much easier to read now)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  21. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  22. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  23. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Don't know, the piece quotes the Republic motif from TCW at 0.07. Might be one of the TCW-related eps...

24. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    It definitely sounds like one of the orchestra recorded cues (immediately limiting which episode it could be from), and this was added to Jared Forman's website along with The Holocron from Twilight so I see no reason how it can be from any other episode. Also, I can't think of anywhere else a cue titled "Kanan Momentarily Victorious" could fit. Anyhow, it went unused, and seems to fit the scene very well, but barring the composer confirming where it was intended to be used, we'll never know for certain.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    that's Kanan's motif/theme, though I see how it could be confused.

for comparison
    A

B

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018