main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Oh I think you know me by now. :p

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  2. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    No, it just sounded weird the way you worded it, I figured you were kind of kidding.

christophero30 likes this.
  3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    The absolute truth is it still seems real to me, esp the OT. When I see behind the scenes photos of Cloud City or Dagobah part of my mind is saying "wait that's not real." It's hard to describe.

Blobofat and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  4. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    Another one I had was when AOTC first came out I thought this was going to be the one where Anakin becomes Darth Vader mainly because I saw a clone trooper on a bag of cheetos and thought "Oh cool the stormtroopers are going to be in this one"

5. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    There's too many to list right now, but one was that it was set in the distant future. Yavin was Earth in my mind and a friend of mine thought Alderan was Earth.

It took a couple of years to conclude that Star Wars probably happened in a semi-parallel universe, not in ours.

Jediking97 and christophero30 like this.
  6. Jediking97

Jul 24, 2018
    Just thought of another one.

"Do you know what's going on?
    "Maybe it's another girl"

He said another drill. I use to think the empire always capture young attractive women like Leia.

Avnar, teamhansolo and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  7. OzRadio

OzRadio Jedi Knight

Jul 2, 2018
    I haven't seen this one in the thread, but as a kid I always thought the back of the stormtrooper armor said "oil," but I don't recall thinking they were robots. Dark Vader and life savers for sure. I never understood the Sith title because it was only rarely used in the original films but I'd see the term in written material from that era. And, as others have mentioned, I always assumed the Clone Wars had happened much further back in history based on Ben's speech in Star Wars.

Jediking97 likes this.
  8. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Until a maybe a couple months ago, during those two scenes in ANH where Han tells Greedo, then Jabba that "Even I get boarded sometimes.", I was sure he was saying, "Even I get bored at sometimes." ...and I was left wondering if he really thought that dumping whatever cargo he was smuggling was a real cure for his boredom...

9. Jediking97

Jul 24, 2018
    I thought the same thing[face_laugh]

teamhansolo and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  10. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    For the longest time I thought Han was a bouty hunter.

11. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Back when I was eight, I remember my parents taking me to Disneyland Paris in 1994 (when it was still called Eurodisney). I hadn't seen the Star Wars films at tthat point. I remember being really impressed by the life-size X-Wing. We went on the Star Tours ride. As soon as the Starspeeder left the dock (or after getting out of Hyperspace, not sure), I remember turning to my mom asking her, a bit terrified, if we actually traveled to outer space.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  12. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I thought Chewie was a dog.

13. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Because of what happened to Obi-Wan, I thought that anybody struck with a light sabre automatically disappears, even though that didn't happen earlier in the Cantina scene, and even though Vader looked surprised when Obi-Wan disappeared.

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I believe Vader thought that Obi-Wan had committed suicide, or that his lightsaber had messed with some arcane Force ability Obi-Wan was employing. It is notable that Vader says, "Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-Wan did." As far as he was concerned, he obliterated Obi-Wan.

This isn't so much of a misconception, but I figured that Vader would have missed Tarkin. I imagine that Vader took a moment to remember him, since he respected him, as we see in the EU, but nothing too deep.

My favorite misconception was that C-3PO actually knew everything he said was funny. Lol. But I think the best one was when I misheard Luke's statement about Obi-Wan: "A strange, old Kermit," instead of, "A strange, old hermit." [face_rofl]

15. harryhenry

harryhenry Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2015
    I thought that in ANH Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were killed by the sand people, not stormtroopers. I don’t think I listened to the dialogue properly then, I must’ve missed Obi-Wan noting that the attack on the jawas were by stormtroopers, not sand people.

TOASTEROVEN likes this.
  16. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Jawa revenge for Owen refusing to pay for the red droid with the bad motivator. :p

17. Jediking97

Jul 24, 2018
    Was watching ANH recently and when Owen and Luke are discussing about Ben I thought Luke said "You knew my father?" He said "HE knew my father?" not you knew my father. After all Owen did knew Anakin

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  18. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I’ve never mentioned this, but I used to confuse Peter Cushing for Peter Mayhew, until I saw a picture of Cushing in Star Wars Insider and realized that he was Tarkin, not Chewbacca.

19. Jediking97

Jul 24, 2018
    Just thought of another one. When Revenge of the Sith came out the scene when Anakin jumps out of the elevator Obi-Wan says "Always on the move" I thought he said "Hose on the roof" [face_laugh]

That accent though lol

PCCViking likes this.
  20. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Another one I only remembered recently, but I believed that General Willard was Bail Organa in ANH. Also, I misremembered the line "You may fire when ready" as being said by Vader rather than Tarkin. This was because as a kid, I had a Vader-Death Star Transformer in which Vader said that line, even though he didn't in the film.

21. Jediking97

Jul 24, 2018
    Now that you mention it I thought the same thing about Bail being in ANH because I could have sworn he was in ANH. When I first seen him in ROTS when it first came out I already knew who he was.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Mine feels almost surreal. I saw ROTJ very young, and I had the distinct feeling, for years actually, of having seen a side shot of Oola falling into the Rancor pit. I even remember some caged prisoners seeing her as she was falling. Now, this could very much be a dream or me blending some other movie image into ROTJ... the thing that I find weird, is that my sister, 5 years older than me, remembers the exact same shot!

Billy_Dee_Binks and Jarrus like this.
  23. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Topps Cards?

24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Used to think the Millennium Falcon was the only ship that could travel at lightspeed. Also, I thought the Falcon blew up the second Death Star with its thrusters.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This is a PT thing, but since no one's posted in their version of this thread for three years, I'm just going to put it here: when I first saw TPM as a kid, I remember thinking Ric Olie was cool. Seriously, I thought he'd be like the prequel's Wedge.

Obviously ( :p ) it didn't quite turn out that way.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    darkspine10 likes this.