main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Doctor Aphra #20-25: The Catastrophe Con (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, May 18, 2018.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I felt like she still has the "I don't give a **** attitude."

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I did like the whole conversation Sana had with Hera.

Sana: Do you know what it's like to be betrayed by someone you love, horribly, and irrevocably?

Hera: Err...no?

Sinrebirth and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This was so great. Entire rant about how they're about to captured and Aphra goes "But it's realllly valuable!"

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Hey, when did Aphra learn of Alderaan's destruction?

5. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    She learns it from General Tagge on Dantooine in her story in From a Certain Point of View. "Today, scavenger, the Empire destroyed Alderaan."

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    What the... that’s possibly the most cinematic preview I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Doctor Aphra #25 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #25
    SI SPURRIER (W) • KEV WALKER (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    Galactic Icon Variant Cover by ROD REIS
    CUE THE IMPERIAL MARCH!
    • After a lifetime of betrayals, all DOCTOR APHRA’s mynocks are finally coming home to roost.
    • Murder-droids, Force-active spores, heartbroken lovers and vengeful lawmen — but they’re all eclipsed by the tall, dark shadow that now falls across her.
    • HE IS HERE.
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

9. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Is this suppose to be the last issue? I do not want Aphra to due. :(

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The solicit doesn't mention this to be the final issue so there may be a chance she can fool him again. Unless he's so impressed that he choose to spare her and take her back to work for him again.

revan772 likes this.
  11. revan772

Aug 5, 2014
    That and with getting two action figures of her, she obviously sells well. I just want my Aphra to be safe. Even if she would leave me for dead for saying that. :p

12. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Re: #22 preview:

Whoa, damn, Tam Posla self-harms. :(:( Peeps who pick up #22 tomorrow: Can someone post or PM me if there are any more instances of cutting? I just want to prep myself and be in a solid place mentally before reading the full issue. Thanks in advance to anyone who can let me know. :)

Remember how Bodhi has random memories flash by as he's subjected to Bor Gullet in the Rogue One novelization and comic adaptation? I wonder if we'll see anything like that during Aphra's interrogation (provided the cover art isn't misleading and she doesn't elude it altogether). Even the smallest peeks at her past interest me.

I'm eager to see how the Sana-Tolvan-Aphra dynamic evolves...

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Pondaa Boba?
    [​IMG]

14. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'm in.

Aside from everything else that looks good about where this series is going, and inclusive of this new glimpse at Tam, I really just wanna know what the hell he is and how he got that way. Seems more and more like Evazan is not just his quarry, but also responsible for his, em, "condition".

Many threads in play with a bunch of the very best new canon characters and of course a few redeveloped OT favorites. The fact that this series is absolutely bonkers is the best thing about it (among many good things).

15. iPodwithnomusic

Nov 23, 2012
    A fun issue with an interesting story and great artwork! Lots of characters are all trying to hunt their own targets, which makes for a fast paced and engaging story. This is what I have been hoping for from this series. 8.5/10

16. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Weird that their's a Force ghost involved

17. revan772

Aug 5, 2014
    Anyone we know?

18. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I didn’t read the comic. Wouldn’t it be cool if it was Tahl?Qui-Gon’s love.

19. iPodwithnomusic

Nov 23, 2012
    I believe the ghost claimed to be Aphra's mom. Aphra was not convinced it actually was, so their true identity remains to be seen.

20. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Well, the identity of the dead Jedi remains to be seen. The "ghost" turned out to be a "haunted mushroom" protecting the Jedi's shipwreck. Or maybe it's a symbiotic merging of the two? In any case, I love this comic. [face_laugh]

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I like Doctor Aphra but I do hope we get a plot deeper than "Aphra goes from one horrible consequence of her actions to the next."

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    was there more blue lightsaber action in this comic?

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    @The2ndQuest 3/6

This was a good issue. It definitely raised a few more questions on what's going on with the ship, the spores, the dead Jedi, etc, but thankfully it moved the plot along and I liked Aphra's current and ex girlfriend meeting. I'm glad **** finally hit the fan, plot wise, and it seems like the next couple issues should be more exciting now that everyone is unleashed so to speak with a ticking clock in the background.

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  24. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Personally I'd like to see her get some more character development and actually change in a positive way. I'm not saying make her a goody-two-shoes (absolutely not), but it gets a little tiring when a story basically becomes "watch this greedy person make terrible mistakes over and over again and never learn from it".

If Aphra were to start developing some redeeming qualities, that would make the story more engaging, less depressing, and would open up the comic to new story opportunities other than "how will Aphra screw up this time"?

Senpezeco likes this.
  25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I confess, it was better when she was working for Vader.