main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Two down, one to go. What new or updated ship and vehicle designs are you hoping to see in the concluding chapter of the Sequel Trilogy?

whostheBossk and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    What old & new ones would you like to see in Episode XI?
    Starships for the Resistance/Republic, First Order and other possible factions.
    What do you think?

3. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Hopefully some new Starfighter designs already. Besides the "sort of" original tie silencer design, all we've gotten in the ST is updated x-wing, updated a-wing, updated tie fighter, and even more updated tie fighter (special forces). Plus it appears the FO might also be using updated tie bomber and updated tie interceptor as well.

4. DaddlerTheDalek

Aug 31, 2014
    More Battleships! :D

dekaneas likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Both "Ships/Vehicles" threads merged like the Raddus and a fleet of Star Destroyers

6. DaddlerTheDalek

Aug 31, 2014
    I wonder if we get to see some new ships in Episode IX.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Will Lando have a ship?

*What if DJ stole Lando's ship in TLJ?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope so. I'm sure we'll see some X-Wings but I'd love it if they introduced something new.

DaddlerTheDalek and SKYGUY23 like this.
  9. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    Hope we get some cool new ships like in the PT. Land vehicles, solar panel gliders like Dooku's ship. I would love even old Naboo starfighters in the final fight. I wonder what Character will battle or Ride a creature in this Episode.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    So That means he was selling weapons to the first Order....SO NO

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Hope to have some more cool animal mounts too.

12. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    No death star! No SKB II! No more planet killers!

I think the FO also needs something to rival the Supremacy however. They do need some awesome pieces of tech since that is their strong suit--large, though largely useless and easy to destroy, mega-ship-things. And perhaps they could have impressive destroyer weapons, just no more blow-up-DS/SKB plots please.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think there should be a super weapon, but they should go smaller with it rather than bigger.

Like the “Wound Star.” With the power to wound, but not kill, entire planetary populations.

Or the “Streetkiller Base.” Destroying the Resistance one street at a time.

oncafar, dekaneas and Jo Lucas like this.
  14. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    No vehicles in Episode 9. Everyone just rides tauntauns.

15. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Loooooooool,you are killing me!

oncafar and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I really just want to see some inspired new designs. So far, we've had a lot of OT style ships, with little modifications to the overall design. I think we've seen some interesting ones in Solo and in RO, so I'd love to see some more inspired ships in this last Saga Ep. Maybe some weird pirate or bounty hunter cruisers. Maybe some Old Republic cache that we've never seen before. And maybe something completely new from the FO now that it's under new management.

17. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015
    ROTJ really exploded with all kinds of new ships: That final battle to me is still the best, only with the one in ROTS its equal. Up to that point we saw X and Y wings, but all of a sudden we had B wings, A wings and TIE interceptors just swarming everywhere. But I don't want re do's of these ships again but new stuff.All the reliance on OT nostalgia just made me realize I had gotten bored with it. Seriously, I've watched the originals at least 2-3 times a year every year since they came out on VHS. I was kinda surprised that vehicle design just stagnated after ROTJ for 30 years. Its like going outside and seeing everyone talking on their Bluetooth devices yet driving Ford Pinto's and Caprice Classics. I like TIES and Xwings, but ARC 170s and Delta 7 Jedi starfighters got me excited. The six legged walkers from AOTC were neat, piqued my interest just like seeing an AT AT for the first time. The extra large knuckle draggers on Crait, not so much. Don't remind me of Star Wars, make me dream of it!

Back to the point, it was always exciting to see the variety of ships used by different worlds and species. The capital ships should draw attention, not just hang out in the background. The FO is really stuck on traditional Imperial design, just oversized (I really, really thought it would have been cool if Snoke was a 1 1/2 foot tall alien that rode on Kylo's shoulder).What has been consistent is that they use really big everything and that it looks formidable but isn't. I think fast and sleek is better. I want to see some new starfighters from them that have something other than two parallel panel wings.

I imagine that a final battle for IX would involve whatever forces that can unite, across regions of space and varying species of allies; they shouldn't all be flying x wings.

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    *Space* Tauntauns.
    Wearing helmets and jet packs

Sarge and miasma like this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    More believable than giant whales that can do hyperspace?

20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No. The whales are more realistic.

21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Do you all think Kylo is going to have a distinct flag ship or is it going to be some sort of Star Destroyer?

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    A Death Star of course.

23. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Tauntuan cavalry charging Walkers sounds like a great idea! What could go wrong?

Sarge likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'd prefer a Death Tauntaun. You thought it smelled bad on the outside? Try hanging out in its moon-sized intestines.

25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    They gave us a Muppet Yoda. I am grateful for that.

A stop motion tauntaun.... Those things gave me more joy than anything in the entire Star Wars universe. They ticked exactly the right boxes for little kid me.

Ewoks riding Tauntauns? Is that taking it too far? Lightsaber weilding Ewoks on Tauntauns? Okay. Fair enough. I'll stop there.

Kylo Ren on a fire breathing...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018