main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

James Mangold directing Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bor Mullet, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    The whole '' Toxic Star Wars fandom '' debate and the pitying of actors and directors i dont take very seriously and neither should the likes of James Mangold and Kelley Tran.Lets face it,they work on huge franchises and get paid a lot of money.Who really cares who writes something something stupid on the internet.Its just words on a screen,you dont have to look at it or take it seriously.

To put this in perspective just take a look how celebrities SHOULD face vile social media comments as they often do on the jimmy kimmel show...

2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So you should be able to post whatever you like with no consequences. Suck it up buttercup?

Words matter.
    What you post affects people.

Kelly, Rian, could have fun with their fans. It could be a great time for all concerned. But now they have to put up walls to protect themselves. But they're rich, so what's it matter.

It poisons the whole game. Even for fans.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So she shouldn't take disgusting racial slurs seriously? Why does her skin have to be thick enough to not be bothered by the heinous remarks she's been bombarded with? And why should Rian Johnson put up with horrible, sub-human sociopaths threatening his life because he made a film they didn't like? Let's put this into perspective. A film. They didn't like. A film. Yes, they are words on a screen, but they're words aimed squarely at you, on a 100% personal level. I know many like to believe the stereotype, but not everyone who becomes involved in show business forgoes their humanity. If you have a problem with a troglodyte threatening your life because a film you made didn't line up with their own head canon they've been nurturing for 20+ years, I think you're entitled to get a little ###### off with them if you so choose.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  4. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    That wretched hive of scum and villainy, Twitter

teamhansolo and EHT like this.
  5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    And let's be clear, while there have always been nasty things said about entertainers, yeah, and the job does require a thick skin... the nastiness has escalated to off-the-charts levels in recent times.

There may have been more people complaining about the PT than the ST, but the WAY the ST, and the totally decent humans beings involved in its making, are being pilloried is vile in a way that barely existed on any wide scale before a few years ago. Make of what you will of that time table, but I for one don't blame Kelly and Rian and Mangold and others for being taken aback by it. You can say they knew what they were getting into, but they didn't. This largely hasn't happened before, and it sucks.

Krueger likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Shhh shh, it’s okay.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2018
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Listen, I know emotions are running hot in recent months regarding the state of the fandom and the treatment of those involved with making the films, and it does relate to the thread title directly at this time given some of Mangold’s recent statements, but let’s try to steer the conversation away from that very broad and volatile topic.

That said, your righteous indignation is heard and appreciated. I love you all.

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Will the Boba fett film still happen?

9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    “What does your heart tell you?”

10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    It will still happen

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    “Don’t look back.”

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Too true. Also-as despicable as it is, I feel like us getting all worked up about nasty comments of a few messed up fanatics is only playing right into what they want: stirring $@%& up. By spending so much energy on it, IMO we're only helping to fuel the existence of their hate. As you recommended, we should steer away from it-and then we can watch all its strength die...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    eko32eko7 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I really hope he is still attached to the project.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    That there will be a Boba TV project and no movie.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Would be a huge shame if we lost Mangold because of the Solo Box Office.

16. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I can’t believe Mangold is actually considering wasting his time on a movie like this. This is beneath him.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    ezekiel22x likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He directed The Wolverine - I don't know in what way a Boba Fett movie would be beneath that.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Serp. If you don't want a Fett film, why bother continuing to post in a thread about it?

19. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_clown][face_cow][face_good_luck][face_chicken]*COUGH*Trolling*COUGH*8-}[face_party][face_cowboy][face_coffee][face_clown]

I thought it was Logan...???[face_thinking]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He directed both The Wolverine and Logan.

21. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Noice. I really liked both.

22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought The Wolverine was bland at best. Logan, on the other hand, is fantastic.
    I hope we do get to see his take on the GFFA. If nothing else, it should be very different from the SW movies we've seen so far.

Bor Mullet and PymParticles like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He's great. Hope the ****ing Nazis on Twitter haven't already driven him away.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd like to think that part is a little overblown, and that if Fett doesn't happen (or does come to fruition, but under someone else's helm), it's due to legit creative differences and/or financial/box office considerations.

Because if it really is the embittered minority? God help us.

EHT, Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I feel like a Fett movie will do better than the Solo film. I guess a joke could be made, "haha it did so bad it will not be hard to beat".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.