main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread... What Did You Do Yesterday?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Watch that manifold gasket.........they can be a buggar. ;)

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  2. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Went back to work after a long weekend, got an infodump of stuff my boss, the store manager, needed me to keep track of while he's off getting married and going on a honeymoon for the next 2 weeks. And then was reminded that our regional manager is likely coming to visit next Tuesday, so I get to make sure the store looks all nice too. Yay.

3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Yesterday I worked and went for a walk, but it was hot as blazes. My friend did make some salmon for me, which was yummy. We had it with a potato and cole slaw. Until I was 16 I thought cole slaw was cold slaw.

4. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Be honest here, guys, who hasn't thought this once in their life?

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Pulled the throttle body and intake manifold, checked all the gaskets, rerouted the oil separator lines, cleaned everything, reassembled it all, and double-checked the torque on all the nuts and bolts. Fingers crossed...

6. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    @Sarge ! Come save us in the ask a question thread... !!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Had lots of errand to do today, drove for over an hour, and no warning light. Here's hoping it stays off.

Jedi Knight Fett and Khalia Octa like this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Drove out to the other side of town to get (can you believe it) the perfect hot dogs for my husband. :rolleyes:

Helped my son mow the lawns (why an 18 year old needs his mum to empty the catcher is beyond me.)

Hung here, did the washing, made schnitzels and muffins and a cake. Did some creative writing.

9. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Creative writing? Sounds interesting, what'd you write about?

Went to the beach, which was great. Meet up with my friend who has recently brought a dog, Chihuahua x Blue Heeler, and played with the dog. Then just hung at home :D

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The love of my life of course, Kyp!!! [face_love]

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

11. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Oh of course!! What else?? :p :D

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well maybe D'Artagnan........from the Musketeers
    [​IMG]
    He'll do :p

Yesterday I went to archery, I laughed and talked with good friends, came home and had a nap before seeing Katy Perry in Concert.........A good day indeed.

13. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Yesterday I was at the pool almost all day, went mini-golfing with my family then ate ice cream. Pretty good day. AND... I finally figured out how to differentiate my fake British accent and my fake Australian accent. :D ( I have been trying to get it somewhat right forever.)
    Weird side note: when I am bored I tell myself my life story in different accents, mainly British... am I crazy? 8-}

Jedi Knight Fett and Khalia Octa like this.
  14. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Hahaha, I'm not sure how you thought those accents were remotely similar -- most brits pronounce words fully whereas Aussies just shorten everything :p And no of course you're not crazy?? Who doesn't talk about their life story to themselves in different accents?!?!

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Drove for almost an hour, no light, decided to try a couple of 0-60 runs, light came on during the second run. Different problem code this time: PCV line disconnected. No it's not, I double-checked that twice the other day. Googled the code and it turns out a lot of Fords have had the same code for no obvious reason and the dealers just clear the code and say it's fine. So I cleared the code myself and will watch to see what it does next. I'm debating whether or not I should try replacing the solid oil cap with a vented one to see if that helps.

16. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    @Khalia Octa I'm not saying I thought the accents sounded the same, I just couldn't do them differently. Accents are like one of my weird things, so that was like a big accomplishment :p

17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Not much...saw a movie, watched a couple of episodes of Star Trek...and at the moment, adopted a third kitty...well, actually, the kitty adopted us. :D

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Met a guy in Hawaii who I was sure was an Aussie, turned out her was English......go figure!!

19. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    ...Yesterday I spent 7 hours (straight, I was even writing while I was eating dinner) copying down job descriptions in SW galaxy off of Wookiepedia into a notebook...and...that is pretty much all I did... [face_plain] ;)

20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Watched Superman: The Movie, and then saw Teen Titans Go! to the Movies. It was very funny.

21. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    I'm waiting for my daily kitten update please

22. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    He's currently curled up at my feet asleep. Being so cute must exhaust him. :D

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    After coming home from work last night I went to the local park to see a free concert of "Strawberry Fields"; a Beatle's tribute band. They're really great; singing most of their hits and come out in full costumes and wigs to boot.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Went for another short run. I think my foot is getting better. My plan is to rest it today, and try another run tomorrow.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I fell off a swing and hurt my wrist, but other then that. Not much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.