main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Chicago Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, May 28, 2018.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I would still hold out hope that some of these folks still come, and maybe do interviews, or something else behind the scenes, while not doing any panels or public signings. Even an interview with the Star Wars show or something.

That's disappointing to hear about Bulloch. I always enjoy the chemistry that all of the Fetts have with one another when they come together.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It's definitely age/health related with Bulloch.

3. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's fine.

I'm not trying to judge anyone or their health. I just figure Star Wars Celebration would be the one exception some of these actors could make as they age.

4. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I can see some actors who is retired from the convention scene may do an exception for Celebration and attend a panel of some sort. But I am also thinking, that there is probably a reason for them not wanting to go to conventions any more, so I am not holding my breath.

In the case of Jeremy Bulloch though, when I saw him in April this year, he did not look up to the task anymore. He has been a blast meeting over the years, but this last time he seemed but a shadow of his former self. I wish him a long and well deserved retirement though.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think he's saying that these smaller actors owe their career to Star Wars because they've been able to make a living out of signing autographs and attending cons. It has to be nice to take what you thought was a bit role and have it turn into where you get paid to sit at a table and have people come up and say how much they like you.

I don't feel like they owe us to attend Celebration (or any other con) though.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  6. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Hopefully Star Wars Celebration might be the one convention they make the exception for, even if they feel like retiring from cons in general. All health issues aside.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think if it were in London he might make the exception since he lives there. However if he has health issues he might not want the stress of a long flight, etc.

teamhansolo likes this.
  8. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I remember years ago, after a Cele. I think it was in Indianapolis, I saw Kenny Baker having breakfast in the restaurant at the Mariott. Then he and Jeremy Bulloch boarded the same plane that I was on! there was no fanfare or jostling of seats. I just went "Ahhh!" amazing times!

teamhansolo likes this.
  9. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    How does Celebration authenticate items or photos after you get them signed? I was thinking of getting some autographs in 2019 which is something I have never done before and definitely would like them authenticated. I would never sell but it might be good to have them when they get passed down. Also I assume it would be much cheaper to get items off of EBay for signatures and bring them to the event vs buying items at the convention.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    There's a tamper proof hologram attached with a unique number that you can use to verify online. At Celebration, they only authenticate Star Wars items. So like, you can't have Hamill sign something Joker related and get the authentication.

JonSB likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If there's any Doctor Who/The Crown fans here, there's a chance you could see Matt Smith at the Episode IX panel now.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    zcure1 likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hamill reply to a fan asking about a con.

I would think he'd come to Celebration, but he hasn't done any cons since TLJ was released.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe he is busy with something else.

credar likes this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Haha, true, it is a little noticeable he's going a whole year without doing a con though. When he was announced for NYCC last year, the original announcement said it would be his last con appearance. Hamill quickly denied that, but it still makes you wonder a bit.

15. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Probably off doing some small indie film we haven't heard about maybe.

16. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    He is filming season 2 of the show Knightfall at the moment I believe.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think he was implying IX, but yeah, he did just get cast in that show too. It was the part about "nothing in the coming months" that stood out to me.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, 'coming months' doesn't necessarily rule out Celebration. It's about 7 months away.

ChrisLyne and teamhansolo like this.
  19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Of course.

teamhansolo likes this.
  20. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Coming months doesn't even necessarily rule out rest of the year either. I find it darn near impossible that Mark wouldn't appear at the Celebration for the final skywalker film.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    He's just started filming Knightfall and IX is now filming so he'll likely go straight from Knightfall to IX. I'm sure he'll be there next year. TBH he might just want a rest as well. At Europe 2016 he was non-stop and it looked like it exhausted him quite a bit, same in Orlando last year where he even lost his voice. Cons seem to take it out of him (probably because he tries to do so much whilst he's there), so it makes sense for him not to do that whilst he's filming two projects back to back.

Gamma626 likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If you can get to Rhode Island Comic Con, she's signing for $100 there.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Mads Mikkelsen was just announced for Wizard World New Orleans, so I wonder if he could be a realistic get for Celebration now?

Padme501st likes this.
  24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That'd be an awesome guest!

25. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    With the Rhode Island Comic Con underway, I decided to check online for people sharing their pictures and Hayden and Gwendoline are looking really good. I have a picture with Hayden and Ian from Orlando, but I may need to get one with Gwendoline... she has the greatest smile. Everything adds up though, but these two will sell out so fast if they are announced. I really want to get one with Mark also, so it's all about decisions. Also, if Alden is announced I think if he did a picture with Joonas that would perfect for a picture I could take with my friend I go with. I have only done one picture each time but we may so many choices this time.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Padme501st likes this.