main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Aurek= Rishi Maze
    Besh = Firefist (location of the Nagai and Tof homeworlds)

2. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Some more;
    The reason Lumiya's Sith seem so orientated on peace and order, and why her whole shtick to Caedus is how he's bringing order to chaos is because she was never ever really trained as a Sith, she knows the bare-bones and assumes the Sith was basically the Empire's Thule Society kind of association, a bunch of Imperial leaders LARPing with dark cloaks around. So because of her lack of full knowledge, Lumiya is completely unaware that the chaotic nature of the Sith's philosophy isn't a bug, its a feature.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I would be very surprised if they weren't a Black Sun splinter group.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Mind you, Vader was a Dark Jedi, not a Sith, IMHO, so that may be part of it too.

Another possibility I've toyed with in my head.

+ Galen Marek is Flint and vice versa. Galen's dead mother is from later in their relationship when he'd tracked her down. He eventually returned to Vader's service. This is why Flint was fundamentally different from Darth Vader's other apprentices. It's also why it took Luke to free him from the Dark Side of the Force permanently since his feelings were never altogether stable.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Voltron64 and Havoc123 like this.
  5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Common planetary naming suffixes like "-ooine," "-aan," "-eron," and "-on" are all derivatives of the same ancient suffix (probably meaning something like "world" or "planet") used by ancient cartographers.

6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Could Laddinare Torbin ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laddinare_Torbin ) be the Legends counterpart to the Grand Inquisitor of canon? Torbin held the rank for a time in Legends. Since there is no Legends info about his race or appearance, for all we know he looks just like canon's Grand Inquisitor.

There are some background differences (Torbin wasn't an actual Jedi in Legends, while the GI was a Jedi in canon), but it might work. It may be the closest we'll ever get to the GI's name.

Dream-Thinker and Ithorians like this.
  7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Torbin was a lightsaber wielder, actually, and cut off Arden Lyn's arm, so it's possible.

Mind you, Torbin was killed by an Assassin Droid.

And I now believe that Assassin Droid was Chopper.

8. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I love rogue one so much (the only new canon work i like), i just pretend scarif is another name for toprawa the way moraband and korriban are the same. Bria was one of those background troops of the rogue one team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Ship from The Rider in the Void is from the Vong Galaxy imo.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Trask Ulgo was an undercover Jedi agent assigned as the mindwiped Revan's handler. That's why he's so tolerant of Revan's idiotic questions, has no problem going toe-to-toe with dark Jedi, can sense Bandon behind the door and is willing to risk his life in single combat against the Sith Lord to get a "fresh recruit" to safety.

11. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Some more headcanons:
    -Sistros, one of the Four Sages of Dwartii, was Darth Bane's apprentice.
    -The Presence in the Sith holocron is a new character based on Kreia/Traya and Vitiate.
    -Ahsoka is now a servant of the Ones.

darklordoftech and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Double post edit.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Regarding Lumiya-I think she had two primary if someone conflicting objectives. Hurt Luke Skywalker as much as she possibly could and preserve the Sith legacy that while initiated in-she wasn't really a part of. She was a Sith lady but was never formally brought into the order she never got the "key" as Pena or hidalgo said IIRC. She was a sort of exoteric Sith-on the outside but still apart.

I don't think she wanted Jacen to fail-and that she indeed believe all the stuff she said above sacrifice and selflessness.

14. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    The inhibitor chips are a failsafe in the case of massive clone noncompliance - as it turns out, they weren't necessary.

DarthJaceus and Ulicus like this.
  15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    This just had me thinking... Some people are complaining about the time travel in SW. Coming from Star Trek discussions, this is a frequent topic of discussion (why did Nero start a new Kelvin timeline when all other time travel in Trek overwrote the Prime timeline).

How do we really know that Rebels shows a stable time loop as indicated? Maybe Ezra created a new timeline like Nero in Star Trek? :eek:

Basically, Ezra goes back in time to the fight on Malachor. He then brings Ahsoka out of the fight, then puts her back in and creates a new timeline (the shadow in 'Twilight of the Apprentice' would have been Ahsoka's ghost in the original timeline).

Thus, Ezra basically created a new timeline where Ahsoka is alive and this is the timeline Ezra returns to when he comes back into the future.

But there's still an old timeline where Ahsoka died, and Ezra went into the portal into the World Between Worlds and is never heard from again! :eek:

Maybe this is... the Legends timeline! :eek:
    Oh come on, those aren't just for clones (who are biologically no different than any other SW human). In my headcanon they're for all stormtroopers. ;)

Kylo: FN-2187, the time has come. Execute Order 66.

16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    TPM actually takes place in 40 BBY and the Clone Wars last ten years.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I sort of assumed everyone involved in the Clone Wars just went into Jack Bauer mode during the wars.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    You could have TPM be pushed a decade back and then combine both the old clone wars and TCW timeline-maybe extend the length of the war from 3 years to five. Though that causes chronological problems.

19. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yeah I always felt the Clone Wars were much longer than 3 years. 5 at least. Maybe 7.....:D

20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Characters in-universe sometimes count the Battle of Naboo as part of the Clone Wars:

Anakin Skywalker: Why bring the war to Naboo?

Count Dooku: How quickly you forget, the war started here on Naboo many years ago.

Anakin Skywalker: You were a part of that first battle?

Count Dooku: The Sith control everything, you just don't know it!

Furthermore, the official comic book adaptation of ROTJ has ghost Kenobi saying he met Luke's father "during the Clone Wars". While this obviously is due to the fact the 1983 comic was written before the prequel timeline was definitively mapped out, one could say that Obi-Wan meeting Anakin during the Naboo crisis was indeed "during the Clone Wars" from a certain point of view.

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    3 years if fine by me. It fits the movie timeline well and is consistent with other prequel era material.

22. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    One of the first things Sidious did once he was officially Emperor was to have his propaganda dudes intentionally garble every record of the Clone Wars they could get their hands on, to obscure how illegitimate his rise was. That's why there are so many contradictory accounts of the war in "our" world!

23. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Also caused flaws in in-universe documents such as Galactic Atlas and Star Wars Fact Files (most recent one I might add).

PCCViking and Hamburger_Time like this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Sith use red lightsabers to honor the Sith species.

25. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    - On the whole Chosen One deal, my interpretation is that Anakin was destined to wipe out the Sith (and thus end the eons long traditions.) But he was not destined to do ANYTHING ELSE. He didn't have to fall: he would have killed Palpatine if he hadn't. He would have killed him if he hadn't become a Jedi at all, likely by taking out the Sith Lord's ship as the greatest pilot in the galaxy. Or just as likely, via a DL-44 shot in the back.