main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    + The Prophecy of the Chosen One is one which occurred around the Battle of Ruusan rather than a particularly old prophecy. It specifically refers to the destruction of the Baneite Sith.

+ Yoda's "Always two there are" isn't actually a deep insight into the nature of the Banite Sith or the Rule of Two. He just lucked out because if there's a Dark Side Master/Sith Lord then obviously he has a master somewhere.

+ There's actually been a couple of dozen Sith cults and a half-dozen Dark Side societies at any given time in galactic history. There's no end of wannabe Dark Lords of the Sith, most of them who don't even have force powers, the Jedi deal with. Yoda and Mace have both defeated many of them.

The issue in TPM is Qui Gon Jinn means "the real deal."

+ The reason Count Dooku was chosen was Palpatine covering his anyx. For 2/3rds of the Clone Wars, they had the Jedi believing Dooku (a known Sith historian) was Darth Maul's master.

Dooku being old enough, corrupted to the Dark Side, a master lightsaber duelist, and convenient as a scapegoat so the Sith didn't come back from the dead.

+ Mace and Yoda had figured out one of the Senate was a Sith Lord by the end and were closing in but it was too late. Their primary suspect had been Mas Amedda or Sate Pestage.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I've always favored the idea that it means specifically Palpatine and his particular penchant for unbalancing the Force.

Voltron64 and Jedi Princess like this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Sea Monsters of Naboo are Sithspawn.

GrandMoffTrachta and TheRedBlade like this.
  4. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    Rakataspawn actually but close enough.

...What, you didn't ever wonder what was hidden deep within those swamps?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What's the connection to Rakataspawn?

6. Voltron64

Dec 23, 2009
    Star Maps, tombs of Rakatan warlords, etc...

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Adding to my list:
    - Maul was born on Iridonia to red-skinned hair-less Zabrak spacer parents. They took him off the planet before he was found by the Jedi and eventually ended up crashlanded on Dathomir where Talzin adopted him, though he became step-siblings to Savage Opress of the yellow-skinned hair-less Zabrak subspecies.
    - Talzin actually planned to use Ventress to destroy Sidious as she had a vision that the Sith would destroy the Nightsisters. Little did she realise that she was actually responsible for the Nightsisters' destruction herself. She was the chaos that would only destroy itself.
    - The Zabraks have at least four subspecies - one red skinned and hairless (like Maul), one yellow skinned and hairless (like the Dathomiri Zabrak such as Savage Opress - likely exiles from Iridonia), one tanned skinned with hair (like Eeth Koth), one dark-skinned with hair (Agen Kolar).

TheRedBlade likes this.
  8. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Jacen did eventually make penance after death as Ajunta pall did-as after death redemption is possible in Star Wars.

I like to think he was either a force ghost or at least a presence at Allana's coronation as Jedi queen.

Endor_boy likes this.
  9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    + Darth Maul's redness is due to complete body-tattooing with Sith tattoos. Palpatine thought this was embarrassing and incredibly stand-out. However, he allowed it because he was already certain Maul was not going to be up to the task of the Clone Wars plan and needed to be replaced.

+ Rattataki are actually human/Zabrak hybrids.

+ The penal colony of Danthomir produced multiple offshoots of human/near human hybrids like the above.

+ Ventress had a habit of habitually joining groups that she felt would provide her the stability she desired. Hence, she left Rattatak and joined the Nightsisters only to join the Sith later.

+ Ventress studying under Talzin after her original Jedi Master and then Dooku is why she was so powerful as she ALMOST had a Sith's education, albeit a weird exotic one.

+ In Legends, Ventress was hunted down and killed by Darth Vader.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Voltron64 likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    - Sidious killed the biological family of Savage and Maul (hence Savage's "my kin were killed" comment). Feral's family adopted Savage.

11. Legends:
    SWTOR and Clone Wars cgi show never happend in this timeline
    Palpatine never come back to life and Dark Empire was a Alternative Universe
    Darth Krayt was the last Sith
    Disney Timeline:
    Ahsoka died in the episode Twilight of the Apprentice
    Ezra and Thrawn died after the ship took off
    Anakin is still the chosen one, but he had a biological father and it is Darth Plagueis only that in this version he was a human male and had an adventure with Shmi Skywalker

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2018
    Voltron64 likes this.
  12. Voltron64

Dec 23, 2009
    -Venku Skirata, the Force-sensitive offspring of a Clone Commando and a Jedi Knight was part of Luke’s original student group at the Yavin IV praxeum.

themetresgained likes this.
  13. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I love all the Legends PC games so much I just pretend they're canon too. Kyle Katarn stole a supplementary set of plans, and the Jedi Academy in the games is the one Kylo wiped out (there were never more than a dozen named Jedi in the Jedi Knight series anyway).

TIE Fighter is canon and Vice Admiral Thrawn's rank in the game circa ESB is the result of his demotion after he found his way back to the Empire without Ezra.

14. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Ever since AOTC, I liked the idea that the reason Wuher didn't serve droids was because he fought against droids in the Clone Wars. I actually thought this had been established somewhere, but apparently not.

I'm still semi-convinced that we'll eventually learn that Luke's sequel triogy academy was set up on Endor. I think it makes sense from both an in-universe perspective (location of the redemption of Anakin Skywalker, defeat of the Sith, and return of the Jedi) and a real-world perspective (way to symbolically have Luke carry on from the end of ROTJ, good mirroring of his EU temple being on Yavin from the other end of the OT).

This was actually pre-Disney canon, at least per the original Essential Chronology.

15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I take it you haven't read FACPOV?
    His parents were killed by droids in the Clone Wars.

16. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I always figured they don't serve droids because they, uh, can't. Droids don't eat or drink, so in a bar they just take up space.

17. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The Republic trooper's armor (SWTOR) would've had similar kits succeeding it until the Ruusan Reformation. Clone Trooper armor would've been made to intentionally resemble it.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The movie argues against it continually but this is mine:

+ Luke is actually testing Rey the entire time.

+ Luke's big decision was whether to destroy the Old Jedi Texts...because he planned to make an entirely new order from scratch.

Edit:

+ The First Order didn't destroy the entire Republic fleet at Hosnian Prime but it did destroy the First Republic Fleet.

+ The destruction of Hosnian Prime was accompanied by the invasion of strategic points across the galaxy. The First Order Navy is large enough to do this.

+ The First Order DID evacuate its cronies in the Senate before the destruction of Hosnian Prime and this resulted in them attempting to surrender the galaxy to the First Order. This, thankfully, didn't work but has confused a lot of the command structure.

+ Kyber Crystal Turbolasers shred shields like they're not there and the Republic is losing every single battle they're fighting with the First Order. The First Order has a limited supply of these but having stripped Illum, they have enough that its doing more damage than Starkiller Base ever did.

+ By the time of Kylo Ren's ascension, the New Republic military is decimated and they are in desperate need of a symbol to rally around.

Gamiel and Voltron64 like this.
  19. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Oooh, I like this one. I also like to use Rogue One elements in my headcanon as well, mostly to patch up the myriad existing Legends Death Star stories. [face_laugh]

- Orson Krennic and Galen Erso played more-or-less the same roles in the development of the Death Star until just before the events of the Death Star novel.
    - Krennic's political ambitions lead him to invite Vader and Palpatine to bring the captured Rebel leaders to the Death Star in TFU and to establish superlaser research facilities without Tarkin's knowledge.
    - This included the one on Danuta, where Krennic reassigned the existing personnel, including the head librarian Atour Riten, before expanding the base.
    - Riten was a longstanding personal enemy of Krennic, but Krennic knew Riten had collected incriminating information on him. Thanks to some subtle prompting from Galen Erso, Krennic reassigned Riten to the Death Star to keep him out of the way.
    - Erso was well aware that Riten had a compulsion to copy important documents and transmit them to a "secure" account in the Danuta base, allowing him access to a set of Death Star plans that was not tied to Erso personally and that could be leaked to the Rebels via third parties.
    - Krennic's schemes were ultimately upended by Bail Organa, who orchestrated his fall from power. Krennic was imprisoned on Despayre, delaying the construction of the Death Star. His research facilities weren't even worth Tarkin's notice, who delegated their handling to Vader and Zarien Kheev.
    (This explains how Tarkin and Atour weren't aware of the research facility on Danuta in Death Star, and makes Krennic one of the unnamed Imperial officials whose political machinations delayed the battlestation's construction, and the one responsible for Atour's transfer mentioned early in the novel.)
    - Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor both exist and appeared in Legends, under the aliases mentioned in the Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide. (Jyn has strong associations with the name "Raleigh Dawn", which was the false name she traveled under with her family as a child.) They and the rest of the Rookies cast, as well as the surviving members of the Force Unleashed cast, were among the Rebels who stole the Death Star plans from the Imperial convoy at Toprawa.

TC

20. Voltron64

Dec 23, 2009
    How about the fact that Mos Eisley cantina is full of "the most wretched hive of scum and villiany" around. Basically, sketchy dudes (most probably at least vaguely involved with jabba, a known crime lord) doing sketchy and probably criminal things.

Would you, as the owner and proprietor of a business whose whole clientele are some sort of criminal allow probable walking recording devices to just wander into you're business? Hells to the no. Tattooine is ******, but there is probable SOME sort of law enforcement who would just love to have tapes like that

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Love those Rogue One headcanons.

Voltron64 likes this.
  22. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I'm convinced Leia and Vader had interesting interactions when she was a child and I blame some fanfiction I read a million years ago here on TFN for that.

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    My headcanon was different:

* Wuher hates droids because as a working class man with a job that can be done by droids, hates droids.

* Chalmun doesn't buy droids because in Mos Eisley, they'd get stolen or destroyed and he'd be liable while if his bartender gets murdered, he can just hire another one.

* He's told Wuher this.

jSarek and Voltron64 like this.
  24. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    R2-D2 carried C-3PO out of the Geonosis arena with his rocket boosters after the initial battle was over

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    * Threepio killed six Jedi as a battle droid due to his unerringly accurate superior Protocol Droid brain. He tries not to mention this.