main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The CIS did have human soldiers-we just don't see them because they were never deployed against clone troopers but in more peripheral theatres.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    Oh I imagine the Clone Wars had numerous amounts of planetary forces that became auxiliaries (ala the National Guard) to both the Republic and Separatists.

Gamiel and Daneira like this.
  3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    There's a lot of Legends canon about, like, Gossam and Koorivar auxiliaries, not to mention the whole Jabiim thing.

4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    We saw in TCW the Umbarans and Quarren fighting alongside the droid army of the Separatists.

Headcanon:
    - The Battle of Umbara came about because Separatist-backed Umbaran rebels seized control of the government. The Republic was sent to reinstall the Republic-aligned government (this is why Sly Moore kept her job in ROTS).

5. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I wish they'd gone this route with Malastare, and had the Dugs overthrow the Gran colonizers with the help of the Separatists.

6. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    They could be like Bender and get drunk from electricity. Or like the Keith David droid in the Force Awakens Holiday Special and drink oil. It certainly seemed to have an effect on Threepio in ANH.

I think I remember reading that one in the late 90s, too.

7. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The what now?

Another Headcanon:
    Ben is a name Obi-Wan's used as an alias a number of times already before he settles on it on Tatooine. (I seem to remember a fanfiction I loved that had a Jedi youngling named Ben start associating his name with being bullied by Xanatos, so the kindly master Qui-Gon Jinn offers Ben a new, hyphenated name in the style of those from Jinn's own homeworld.)

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Dooku left the Jedi, became Sidious's apprentice, and killed Sifo-Dyas before TPM. This is why Dooku and Sifo-Dyas don't appear in TPM.

9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    * Ben is actually the nickname Obi-Wan went by because its equivalent to the short nickname people of his homeworld use for his name.

Bwan Kenobi.

He just adjusted it a bit to a more local version of the name.

* Ben actually has a brother named Owen (Owi Wan Kenobi). It's just a weird coincidence Anakin's stepbrother did too. Obi-wan visited the guy a few times in his adolescence and they exchanged yearly Republic Day cards.

Owen died in the secondary part of the Jedi purge.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Voltron64 and BobaMatt like this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Typhojem deliberately recruited Dathka Graush and Ajunta Pall at the same time so that Pall would only have to conquer one Sith kingdom.

11. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    As some have said organics definitely fought on their home turfs. Geonosians, though, did fight abroad. Geonosians were deployed to Zaadja and Kashyyk. So the CIS did deploy organics to foreign planets in some capacity.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I was aware-just referring to humans specifically.

13. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    For anyone who's read The Star Wars:
    The story takes place some millenia after Legacy.
    The Fel Empire and Galactic Alliance merged, creating the Empire as seen in the comic.
    The Jedi Bendu are the descendants of the Jedi and Imperial Knights. The Jedi Bendu were the bodyguards of the Emperor, so I think it makes a ton of sense.
    The Sith Knights might have roots in the One Sith.
    "Alderaan" is actually New Alderaan.

14. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012

JediBatman likes this.
  15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Dooku's Loyalty

My headcanon is that Dooku entertained the thought about turning on his master and made a couple of plans to do it but nothing ever particularly serious (i.e. Savage Oppress and training Ventress as his Sith apprentice).

Basically, Dooku wasn't very good at being a Sith. Had Obi-Wan Kenobi agreed to help him kill Sidious, he would have turned on him, though.

And they would have won.

Notably, I believe if Obi-Wan had been there in the place of Mace Windu, then Anakin would have killed Palpatine because he trusted his mentor slightly more.

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    It pains me every time that Mace Windu isn't just like, "Guess you were right, kid. Let's ride" instead of making him sit on his hands back at the temple. It's such bad people management.

Dream-Thinker and Mia Mesharad like this.
  17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I also add, "you will have earned my trust."

That was like ten kicks in the gut for Anakin as he had assumed he had by his knighting.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Okay, THIS is Fanfic.

The Force Unleashed III

+ The hypothetical Force Unleashed III consisted of Darth Vader being taken to the Rebel Headquarters on Dantooine, being freed by Boba Fett working with Starclone, tearing the place up, and framing Starkiller for murdering Rahm Kota (actually done by Starclone).

+ Starkiller and Juno Eclipse would sit out the Rebellion from ANH to ROTJ seeking ways of cleansing his soul from the Dark Side of the Force. They would also be hunted by Rebel agents as well as the Empire.

+ Starkiller eventually defeats his clone on the surface of Endor (where Starclone was leading the entire legion) as well as hundreds of Imperial soldiers that seriously disrupts
    the attempt to defeat the Rebel army.

+ Starkiller realizes Starclone only has the Force because he's leaching it off him and cuts himself off from the Force permanently. Juno shoots Starclone in the back and they leave to live normal lives.

Shadows of the Empire

+ Dash Rendar is actually a false identity used by Corran Horn.

+ Alternatively, Dash Rendar is actually a holo adaptation of the events creation as Lando Calrissian did all of the actual events and was pilot of the Falcon.

Leia notably found the idea of her being attracted to Xizor disgusting.

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Ahhhh this is so good. Especially that last part, because I'm imagining Galen's realization of what's happening taking the form of him remembering how the Death Star II is shielded. Just him on his last legs, seeing the Death Star up above, and then flashing back to this.

[​IMG]

That said, I'd also love a level where you play as Starclone just slaughtering bothans.

20. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I tied my brain in knots trying to figure out how they'd be able to justify sending Vader to Dantooine given Leia's lie in ANH, but I realized that it would work as long as Leia and Tarkin never find out about it--Vader realizes Leia is lying in the film; in this scenario he's just also willing to let Tarkin look stupid by checking something he already knows is false.

(Boba Fett witnessing Leia sending Vader to Dantooine in the comic is a little harder to justify, but one thing at a time. [face_laugh] )

Another hypothetical Force Unleashed III, utilizing a few elements of the-could-have-been TFU III and discarded TFU concepts and a grab bag of other stuff:

- Galen and Juno arrive at Dantooine with Vader. Rebel techs are disassembling his suit so that Vader only has access to limited life support functions in hope of keeping him manageable.
    - On the surface, the Rebels are preparing to put Vader on trial, but discover a homing device that forces them to evacuate.
    - At the same time, Boba Fett attacks the Rogue Shadow. Vader uses the distraction to begin reassembling himself through the Force, but the ship crash-lands on Dantooine.
    - Fett begins targeting Vader and Galen from a distance as an Imperial fleet arrives, preventing them from leaving the planet.
    - Palpatine arrives with Vader's Dark Apprentice, who has seemingly been turned to replace Vader. The Dark Apprentice fights Vader to a standstill, but uses the battle as a distraction to bring down Palpatine's entire fleet.
    - Palpatine escapes, but the Dark Apprentice's forces begin hitting both Rebel and Imperial targets. Vader and Galen end up needing to work together to save both sides before the destruction escalates.
    - They discover that the Dark Apprentice is using Galen's plan from the first game: unite the Emperor's enemies against him. The Apprentice is simply picking better enemies: having discovered a powerful new master in the Unknown Regions, he has assembled Palpatine's greatest exiled and otherworldly foes into a Dark Council, including the resurrected spirit of Darth Plagueis and the clone master Atha Prime.
    - Bail Organa has an old contact that may still be operating in the Unknown Regions, and he offers to reach out to the ex-agent for assistance.
    - Neutralizing these enemies one-by-one, Vader and Galen eventually confront and defeat the Dark Apprentice.
    - Shortly thereafter, Galen participates in the theft of the Death Star plans from an Imperial convoy en route to Toprawa with Juno and Kota. The Dark Apprentice reappears, striking from his own hidden base, surviving in the "Lord Starkiller" cyborg form from the alternate ending of the first game. He intends to take the plans for his own master's use.
    - Vader arrives and the three begin a final battle, allowing the Rebels to escape to Toprawa with the Death Star plans.
    - Lord Starkiller is finally killed, and Vader makes one last attempt to recruit Galen as his apprentice. When this fails, Kota sacrifices himself to allow Galen to escape.
    - Galen sits out ANH in a bacta tank in the abandoned Rebel base on Polis Massa, recovering from the final confrontation with Vader. On awakening, he receives a holographic message from Bail Organa, to be delivered in the event of his death. Galen wasn't the first of Vader's apprentices; there is another: the ex-Rebel agent Fulcrum, who has sent her coordinates via Bail.
    - Juno and Galen depart to rendezvous with Vader's first apprentice in the Unknown Regions, hoping to find Lord Starkiller's base and his mysterious master...

[face_laugh]

TC

ColeFardreamer and jSarek like this.
  21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    It could have just used a generic Rebel Base but the Force Unleashed has Bail Organa on the Death Star.

:)

22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    My headcanon regarding Galen, Juno, and Kota was that Vader killed them all in his escape from rebel captivity. With Galen and Kota dying to protect the rebel leadership.

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  23. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I. Love. It.

SpecForce Trooper and Voltron64 like this.
  24. Rebel Rouser

Rebel Rouser Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2018
    Jar jar Binks was assassinated by a mob of anti imperial/anti Palpatine Nubians. For his role in the fall of the Republic. He was displayed in the Theed courtyard, causing riots. Eventually the empire showed up and declared martial law.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    + Due to bizarre luck, it wasn't actually Jar Jar and he proceeded to go into hiding...becoming a Rebel hero when he accidentally blew up an Imperial base by dropping a thermal detanator down a reactor shaft. It had been thrown at him.

He survived that too.

+ The Jedi investigated Jar Jar three times to see if he was a Sith Lord.

+ Jar Jar has the same Force ability as Zayne Carrick.