main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Spew Warnings - cartoons by pronker (edited July 17. 2022)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by pronker, Jan 20, 2017.

1. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]
    This crept out of the woodwork after a possible h/d crash - FWIW, I'm glad it survived. Pencils, then into Adobe for tracery. Used mouse to trace, so it's a bit wavery. [face_hypnotized] Fandom is pretty obscure (Penguins of Madagascar) and the plotpoint here is that Skipper and his girlfriend, Kitka, have a romantic getaway in a crowded trailer park with noise warnings after 10 p.m. WD40 comes into play.[face_blush] Link is to my deviantArt account, hope it goes through [face_monkey] There's probably a better way to do this and I didn't wish to use Photobucket.

EAD 030717: used Photobucket to link.
    EAD 011418: used Livejournal to link.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2022
  2. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

Premise derived from the episode "Marble Jarhead" in which Kowalski's device that's supposed to level a five-mile radius ... does not. :)

Sadly, I own no scanner so this is a laptop camera's photo of #2 pencil on white fiber board that was gone over with black sharpie and touch of red for the manga/doujinshi "special effects" blushes. Attempting to use manga/doujinshi's layout and norms of red lines for blushes, diamonds for sparkly, happy moments and 'CHU' for kisses.

EAD 030717: used Photobucket to link.
    EAD 011418: used Livejournal to link.
    EAD 060218: used LiveJournal to re-link after getting a scanner, yay.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

After putting on my Patience Hat, Photobucket proved bearable to work with.

EAD 060218: reloaded on LJ for linking here; got scanner. :) The scanner left out colors, why? Meh.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  4. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

Contribution to Pride Community Project manip on deviantArt for June 2017. The background is Banjul, Gambia, chosen for obscure reasons. You can just spot the sea at the left between the two trees. Very, very rusty at Photoshop. *hangs head*[face_blush]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  5. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Adobe CS2 Practice: Brush, C/P, Eyedropper, Fade, Dodge, Burn Tools. Reference To "Cute-Astrophe" episode in which Private renders everyone unconscious in the HQ with the first instance of his Quantum Hyper-Cute Power after Skipper's command: "Think of a Lunacorn, hugging a duckling, under a rainbow!"

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  6. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

Pencil, then sharpie, then colored in Win10 Photos. Drawn for DeviantArt's St. Valentine's Day event and distributed to some artists over there. I wish I had a scanner.
    EAD 061818: reuploaded via LJ link using Paint3D to edit out extra bits of the image. First time using Paint3D, it's pretty sweet.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  7. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

Made for tumblr's Madagascar Week 2018, theme: "Sea." Kowalski's enthusiasm for his inventions skirts all reality!

8. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    Haha these are awesome!

pronker likes this.
  9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks! :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh my @pronker -- your little blurbs of explanations make me think if you wrote them up as ficlets it'd be a blast! [face_batting] 8-}

pronker likes this.
  11. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    That's an idea ... :-B:zeb:[face_idea] Thanks for stopping by!:)

12. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

Happy Fourth! [face_flag]

In internet time, ancient is five years ago, so this is an ancient meme from dA. Used Pictures to "edit/draw" the blank love jar. I have a basic tablet and now wish to learn how to use it; it's ancient, too, and gets hooked up to the laptop. Maybe then the lines won't be so wavery.[face_blush]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  13. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I hope you've had a wonderful time on the holiday :)

I haven't heard of the love jar before but that sounds like it can have some great combinations.
    That is great about getting a graphics tablet and I hope you fun with it. The trick is to keep your eye on the cursor as you draw and over time it becomes second nature.

pronker likes this.
  14. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Oh my gosh your art brings me back so many memories from when I was obsessed with penguins of Madagascar! You draw them so cute :)

pronker likes this.
  15. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Thank you! The fandom is tremendously fun, particularly the fanart on places such as pixiv, deviantArt and tinami. :)

16. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the offering on this site for my cartoon on the first day of tumblr's #tpomweek2018 theme: Snowcones! Using the Love Jar meme once more, because any penguin's OTP is the delicious, cold, summery, Fourth-of-July-y treat. Plans are to cartoon away from 11/25 to 12/1.

17. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

It's a twofer: Day Two (Undercover) and Day Three (New York) because ... Wednesday, the 28th of November, in NYC, the Rockefeller Center lights its 75 foot Christmas tree! And Skipper and the boys need the high vantage to spy on Blowhole, who skates on the rink in a clever disguise! He's up to no good, so they glom ornament hangers onto their heads and have a go at surveillance. :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Corellian_Outrider and Tarsier like this.
  18. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

Day Four: Invention has been percolating in my brain for a long time with this result; semi-satisfied with Little Otguin's design, lots satisfied with Parental Units' depiction and medium satisfied with background. Sharpies on white cardboard ... maybe 2019 will be the year the tablet gets mastered!! With colors!! *we live in hope*[face_party] Backstory: Kowalski invented species splicing machine that enabled Marlene and Skipper to produce little ones.[face_batting]:rolleyes: [or it's all the Space Squids' fault ... I'm undecided.[face_dunno]]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Day Five: Today is the 10th Anniversary of the first Penguins of Madagascar episode: "Gone In A Flash."
    [​IMG]
    A Bouquet And Love Letter To Penguins of Madagascar Program On Its Tenth Anniversary to state why this fandom is such darn fun!

“Dear POM Fandom,

I love you. I treasure each review, like, kudos, heart and lurking view! You are precious to me and your creativity astounds. Fun stories and imaginative drawings abound in both original and humanized POM format across the web. Keep it up! In part because work has been so crazy, I have less internetting playtime and so your intimate scope makes me happy in large doses.

Love,

pronker

P.S. Also good is tumblr’s IncorrectPomQuotes that introduced me to the concept of incorrect quotes in many fandoms.”

20. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Day Six. Operation: Neighbour.
    [​IMG]
    AUs, gotta love 'em! The Penguins of Madagascar fandom contains many humanized examples of art and stories, so as a challenge, I chose these two actors, Jennifer Connelly and Bill Campbell, to represent neighbours Skipper and Marlene in some version of an AU. I haven't thought of one yet, but in case a plot bunny nibbles, these folks are the ones most resembling the characters in human form, IMHO.

EAD: used Paint3D to 'manip', not having done so in a few years, cropping and putting in text, etc. Tons o' fun![face_monkey]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  21. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Awesome!!!! I love penguins of madagascar.

pronker likes this.
  22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks for stopping by! Yes, that franchise is neverending fun.:D

23. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I miss the penguins of madagascar show on nick.

pronker likes this.
  24. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Yes, me too. I would be curious to know if there are any unproduced scripts out there. Sometimes scripts get retooled for another show. With four base characters, maybe one POM script got rewritten for TMNT!:oops:

25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

Marlene and Skipper Swimming. Entry in gilbert235's "Draw Marlene" contest over on deviantArt, concluding on Aug. 1, 2019. It was tons o'fun coloring; the pose makes them look like they're jumping on a trampoline, but no, they're swimming. Scanner misbehaved, so this is a cell phone photo sent to email sent to editing for rotation. Anyone wishing to try animal drawing skills?[face_cow][face_cow][face_cow][face_monkey][face_chicken][face_pig]

Crayons, colored pencils, sharpie.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019