main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I liked the concept art for TFA for the Knights of Ren as Kylo's biker gang. If they show up in Episode IX, I'd love for the filmmakers to build on that idea.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Dark Cloud Riders.

oncafar likes this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm waiting for DEATH KILLER BASE! It's the size of a giant star, and is orbited by a fleet of Death Stars and Starkillers. It also makes you immortal by literally killing death.

4. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    How about a new starfighter for Poe?

5. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    ugh. It will probably be the FO now possesses a weapon that will destroy the ENTIRE GALAXY. Kylo takes his inspiration from Leia's thermal detonator stunt. "If you don't do what I want, I will destroy the ENTIRE GALAXY." Sighhhhhhhhh.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I see that you have the same faith in JJ that I do.

oncafar likes this.
  7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Still better than a glove that kills half of the universe. :)

But no, JJ will not do a superweapon again.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Strongbow, vncredleader and oncafar like this.
  8. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Pretty the superweapon has run its course. Starkiller Base largely exists for the sake of the poetic structure of the saga.

Strongbow and Ricardo Funes like this.
  9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Storm Cloud Riders?

10. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I hope we finally get a glimpse of the T-85 X-wing.

Other than that, I'm more of a traditionalist in that i would like to see a call to arms scenario where old/archaic ships would have to be utilized. So, Headhunters, Y-wings, B-wings, YT freighters, etc. I feel they're still a part of this saga and could be brought back to the screen. Fine, some would hate it and scream "bring me something new!" but others (like me) would rejoice. Besides, if indeed something new is brought to the table the same people may scream *No not that, bring me something other...new-ish, but it needs to look Star Warsy! Not too futuristic, not too bulky or rounded. Just right!"

Sarge likes this.
  11. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Agreed. I think SKB was also useful to get all the players in the same place whilst having a battle scene and introducing some "kill or be killed" tension.

If there's going to be anything superweapon-y in IX then I think it will be related to the Force - not a bigger laser powered by the Force, but perhaps some ancient darkside artefact of great power. Just not glove shaped! (Although, whilst away for work for a couple of weeks recently I watched all the MCU films for the first time and I enjoyed them and didn't mind the superweapon in Infinity War. Helped that Thanos is the best blockbuster villain for a long time)

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd like to see some specific type of starfighters that are native to the planet we see them from-and as a result they are unique in design. Kind of like the Naboo Starfighters or something like that...

At any rate, if they do end up having some army of smugglers and different systems, etc. This one would be a great opportunity to showcase some different types of ships-as opposed to the typical X-wing/A-wing variety.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  13. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm thinking Lando will fulfill the role of Talon Kardde and the smuggler reinforcements will be rag tag with lots of designs. A prominent planet that was supportive of the New Republic will supply the newer ships of a special design. We'll have the x wings o plenty vs the tie fighters of oodle.

If the theories are true and Hux does turn on the FO, he might bring a star destroyer or two along with him.

14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd like to see the Resistance Warhammer from the concept art, especially considering there is a deleted scene involving Leia with the ship, if I recall correctly.

As for the overall Resistance fleet, I'm hoping for a rag tag group to show that there is support from across the galaxy for the defeat of the FO. I'd love some new designs and even relics from the PT / OT being repurposed.

15. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I would like to see the sledgehammer or whatever the name of that rumored ship the resistance has from the force awakens. Also it would send me into nerd overload if we find out Snoke's fast wealth he used to amass his fleet was because he controlled the Star forge and now Ren controls it. That would be an awesome climatic ending if part of it was the rebels infiltrating the Star forge to destroy it.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Based on our only set photos with people in them, I think we’ll be seeing our heroes cobble together such a ragtag group.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  17. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    More asymmetric and whimsical designs please. Loved the ski-speeders from TLJ (shame they didn't actually DO anything once in them)

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I prefer the simple shapes.

dekaneas likes this.
  19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Looks too Michael Bay-ish, IMO.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. Something closer to the Cloudrider swoop bikes would work.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Admiral Keller

Admiral Keller Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2017
    I want spacecraft diversity up the wazzu.

TIE Defenders or an upgraded version (we were using them for decades in the EU why not in Canon?). Bring in the Scimitar Assault Bombers, give us Missile Gunboats. Give us a new B-wing, Y-wing, hell give us the K-wing and E-wing. I'm sick of seeing the same damn ships. Give us more classes of capital ships too. With the Resistance being as desperate as they are it would be perfect for them to field some Victory-class Star Destroyers or other older ships. Just make it interesting.

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The diversity with the various FO Star Destroyers has been good, the Dreadnoughts was a great idea as was Snoke's SD. Can they take that into Lando's fleet, if that's the way they're going?

23. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    WEll, we have a couple of possibilities. Poe has his interesting new ship he apparently got from Grakkus the Hutt, and in Resistance, we see a different kind of X-wing people are speculating is long-awaited T-85.

[​IMG]

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I guarantee those are New Republic. A little too bulbous for my tastes, but perhaps that’s a visual demonstration of the NR’s complacency.

To me, both those ships showed that new isn’t always better. Thought they were pretty ugly designs. For example, wide/ fat (Snoke’s ship) just isn’t as menacing as the sharp arrowhead SSDs. Would’ve preferred something closer to that.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  25. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    It's likely a Clone Wars call back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.