main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The True Sith Empire** Lords of the First Sith Order- We deal in absolutes.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WookieeRage, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  2. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    I present my latest task, Master. @WookieeRage
    My task, as set by you, was to craft a weapon that embodied my character. I will admit, I had some trouble with this one. I already have two lightsabers, crafting another one would be redundant. So, as an aspiring Sith Scholar, I began a search of the archives. I had two goals in mind when I began.

Firstly, I needed a weapon that was still usable in our times. Even though a thousand years have passed, technology has not developed as far as I would have imagined it would have, making the search not as difficult as I had thought starting out. Secondly, I needed a weapon that was both easily concealable, and deadly for my targets. While I haven't had many chances to show it off, I prefer to use surprise attacks, ending a conflict before it can really begin.

Anyways, I found the perfect choice that fulfilled both of my goals. A Shikkar, an ancient glass bladed weapon of Sith assassins. Needle-thin, and single-use items, the weapon's purpose is to implant the blade inside the victim to fester and rot, leaving the victim in agonizing pain over a long period of time. While not primarily used in combat, I was thinking of using the weapon as a surprise offhand weapon, mainly during counter-attacks or ripostes. The blade is thin enough to hide under a robe, and because the blade is made of glass, it makes it incredibly difficult to detect/sense before the attack itself. The reason it took me a few days to complete the task was simply due to the forging process of the Shikkar itself. I only have old diagrams and faded parchments to go off from... Resulting in an unfortunate amount of experimentation. I believe that I have the process figured out for the most part, which will allow me to "restock" on additional blades when needed.

Now, why does a Shikkar embody me? Well, I'm unassuming, easy to hide, and most importantly.. Deadly when you least expect it.

While I initially stated that I had two options to present, I regret to inform you that that may have been inaccurate. While not a weapon strictly in of itself, I had planned on learning and demonstrating the "Mask" force ability. My line of thinking was simple. Miralukas are generally a rare sight in the galaxy, which makes me stand out a bit. If I could change my appearance, even just by adding fake eyes, it would allow me to move around unnoticed a lot easier.. However, I simply cannot create an illusion which is convincing enough to be used on a regular basis. The eyes come out.. blurry.. as if being viewed through dirty transparisteel. My apologies Master, I will continue my studies of Sith Alchemy, to rectify this failure.

3. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2017
    Here it is! Ahh yes, the new thread feels nice!

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Vos! How is school treating you?

Kato Sai and Mostlymad like this.
  5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    We have a new thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Nope.

7. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yes we do! I went back and read the previous posts.

PCCViking and DarthIshyZ like this.
  8. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Lies! Deception!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mostlymad and DarthIshyZ like this.
  9. Mostlymad

May 12, 2017
    o_O
    Psh... nobody in here does that!

PCCViking and DarthIshyZ like this.
  10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Everything I say is a lie.

11. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Wait.. Hmm

DarthIshyZ and Mostlymad like this.
  12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

13. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Alright.. Someone fetch the holy hand grenade. Them be fightin' words

14. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2017
    Let's just say a lot of work and very little time for fun. I have a football game tonight, but I'll hopefully have time to complete my latest task afterwards!

DarthIshyZ and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  15. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    I like this weapon. The single use is absolutely unique and an ability to acquire/make more is something I find quite... Useful..

You mention that it's an assassin blade of sorts. Does this path strike your fancy?

Kato Sai, Silvertough and Mostlymad like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A shikkiar... much loved by the Tribe.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  17. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Above all else, I crave knowledge. If that means I have to skulk around in the shadows from time to time, so be it. I have no reservations about how I gain such knowledge

Kato Sai and WookieeRage like this.
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Very well said.

We do, or did, have a selection of Holocrons to hand, but only a master can bequeath you access.

Incidentally, Silver, the post deadline for this week is Thursday in the NST game, and you’ll have your first tag by Saturday.

20. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Hmmm, interesting...

For the NST game, is there a set of rules posted somewhere I can look over? Don't want to ask questions if they've already been answered.

Looking forwards to getting involved!

Sinrebirth and WookieeRage like this.
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I need to get back into NST. It’s hard to post when you spend your days educating youngsters with special needs and those without.

Kato Sai and WookieeRage like this.
  22. Mostlymad

May 12, 2017
    Rules are more or less at the start of the NST thread and in the first couple of posts of the NST Library Thread. Though there may be some combat rules somewhere that I don’t know about that I believe @WookieeRage alluded to during a discussion about my character’s actions during our combat in the Pit.

Speaking of... are you up next for posting there @Kaleesh-Cyborg?

23. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    I have no clue what I'm doing anymore.

But!... receive another prestige point @Silvertough

No Wookiee points though...

24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Yes, I am doing a poor job of juggling an NST combo and the duel in the Pit. I have both going in the works, but obviously NST takes top priority. I should have my next move in the Pit posted by this weekend though.

25. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    Let's move beyond Star Wars for a moment.

What are some of your hobbies besides the all powerful Star Wars? For instance, I forage for wild edible mushrooms until the winter comes. Even then, some fungi grow in the freezing cold. (Chaga).

Annnnnnnd Go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.