main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Enfys Nest

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ender_and_Bean, May 26, 2018.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    She was a great twist to the story. Well acted and had meaning to the character. Sure I was expecting a different type of bad villian, but having Rebel cells introduced during this time period is more important than biker gangs. Hope to see more of her.

Hopeless likes this.
  2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'll say Enfys Nest was a bit of a letdown and a missed opportunity. I would have preferred that she and the cloud riders were their own entity as part of the underworld, as opposed to a Rebel cell. That could have provided more conflict and another compelling character in Han's life for future stories, rather than the sympathetic reveal.

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Her figure seems a little short and closer to Qi'ra but the mask helps heighten her up.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Went to a local con today and saw this great cosplay.

[​IMG]

5. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    do we know for sure they are a rebel cell? Enfys mentioned "rebellion" which could simply mean that she is trying to gain momentum for people rebelling against the Empire. This could be independent of the Rebels we know. And I agree, that would be way more interesting.

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Given that Edrio Two Tubes is part of the Cloud Riders, I assume they're loosely affiliated with other Rebel cells, like Saw Garrera.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They're a small rebel cell. Similar to the Lothal rebels from Star Wars Rebels. One of many throughout the galaxy that will eventually unite to form the Rebel Alliance a few years before ANH. Although if the Cloud Riders make it that far is yet to be seen.

8. The Wrens of Night

The Wrens of Night Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 14, 2017
    Saw Solo for the second time on Sunday, taking my brother and one of my daughters (6) who is a big Star Wars fan. She was properly scared of Enfys Nest the first time she saw her, especially the voice, then totally staggered by the reveal that (She's like me!). I know there are lots of gripes from some aspects of the fandom about all the female leads, but my girls love Rey and the little they've seen of Jyn in SW: Destinies (not old enough to handle Rogue One yet), and Rose and Leia in the new ones. Not sure they'd feel the same way if every character was a dude.

Mr. Forest, Blobofat, wobbits and 2 others like this.
  9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Have they revealed anything more about her in the novelisation?

10. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The film novel does not get released until September 4.

Hopeless likes this.
  11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Good I thought I missed it!

12. Darth Skippy

Darth Skippy Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2018
    Yes, liked that reveal. I was surprised she was so young. But, hey, that just follows SW tradition (Luke & Leia; Rey). Interesting take on her lineage, I didn't pick up on that being a Mandalorian reference (not convinced it was, either).

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I have only seen the film once. I was wondering when you watch it knowing how young and small Rainbow Nest is, does it not feel odd that she seemed like such a big threat physically earlier in the film? Or was that threat something I had assumed just by the mask maybe rather than her actual actions?

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't think her physical size or youth makes her seem like any less of a threat. She's obviously incredibly skilled and lethal regardless.

15. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

Daztibble's Instagram is pretty awesomely about Enfys Nest at the moment.

Hopeless and spicer like this.
  16. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    As TCF-1138 said, she is clearly very skilled and not to be underestimated. Also, I took it that her mask is a status symbol of some sort and possibly a family legacy. That in itself means something to herself, her followers and strikes fear in her oponnents.

Shaak Ti, wobbits and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  17. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    The introduction and anagnorisis of Bousch offer guidance on how to interpret same for Enfys Nest.

18. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Bousch walked and held a grenade. As I said, I've only seen SOLO once and I was trying to remember exactly what Nest did physicaly during the film before her anagnorisis (yes I did have to look that word up, thanks lol). Its one thing I thought was silly in Rogue One, petit Jyn flooring Stormtroopers like they were weightless blowups.

19. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That's really pushing the definition of the term. "Oh, it's you" or something like that isn't necessarily anagnorisis. Anagnorisis is when the main character realizes the true nature about themselves, someone else, or the situation, that dramatically changes their entire perspective about the proceedings and thus changes the drama of the story. Oedipus realizing he's killed his father and married his mother is an instance of anagnorisis. In Star Wars, "No, I am your father" or "You're the Sith Lord!" are instances of anagnorisis, as is Darth Vader's "Noooo!".

Shaak Ti and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Enfys being a freedom fighter, and not just a ruthless pirate, is certainly anagnorisis, as that changes the drama completely at that point. For the broader narrative, and for Han’s and Beckett’s character.

Though we have to be careful that all this anagnorisis talk doesn’t give people an anyeurism.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  21. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, I see I misused it. It would technically be Han Solo's moment of anagnorisis. I should have said 'reveal'.

I checked the Bousch footage and did several frame by frames back and forth. Now I discover that the footage is inconclusive because both Bousch and Chewy are behind a wall. 'One of them' generated enough physical force to floor an opponent, a guard, whom one might suspect of having additional mass from armor, from a stand still. Unless Jabba's audience is accustomed to one of their own guards being floored by a prisoner of a guest bounty hunter, the person that generated that force from a standstill turned out to be Leia. All 120 pounds or less. This is circumstantial and in isolation, so it cannot be recommended as an obvious guide. I wash my hands of it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  22. jajje

jajje Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2013
    An intriguing character, adding to the female heroines who are certainly tough, to say the least. But is her gang/group part of the Rebels TV-show? I've still got the last season to go but am curious if she (and Saw Guerrera's gang) are included?

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Saw Guerrero, yes. Rainbow Nest, no.

24. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The only reason Enfys Nest is in the movie is to sell action figures. The character is completely ridiculous and pointless.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Enfys Nest is a great character. And neither ridiculous nor pointless.

wobbits and vncredleader like this.