main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A bit further afield Doctor Who starts in early October in the US and UK.

Juliet316 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    There's also The Walking Dead near the end of October.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah, in addition to the new shows we/I are giving a shot, there are a lot of shows that I gave the chopping block to / deleted the series recording. That includes
    The Walking Dead
    Supergirl
    The Flash
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Arrow

I also remember that BoJack Horseman will be premiering on Netflix on Sept 14th so I'll definitely be checking that one out. It is excellent!
    Also, I just got an email that "Norm MacDonald has a Show" is coming to Netflix on that same day. I'm gonna look into that to see if it will be worth my time.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's why there are DVRs. ;)

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, yup, and I use mine to record Better Call Saul. But I meant more just keeping up with everything that's going on in a series story. Plus, you still have to find time to watch all those DVR recordings. :p

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Burt Reynolds passed today, the lights in Evening Shade got a little dimmer.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My eternal struggle.

EHT likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So my Fall TV season adding Kidding (the ep is available now) and Norm McDonald has a Show. And Maniac (Emma Stone/Jonah Hill), those are the 3 new. Maniac is a 10 prt miniseries, not sure how Kidding and Norm's show will shake out.

Returning / still ongoing is Fear the Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Walking Dead, Supergirl, The Gifted, Saturday Night Live, South Park. Simpsons and Family Guy have been demoted to "If I'm home Sunday night I will try to watch" for the last 2 years (caught about half the season I would guess for both shows) And this is a slow Fall season for me!

But, really, looking ahead to Dec/Midseason 2019 is where it gets insane, returns of Runaways, Orville, Gotham, Star Trek Discovery. Those are just off the top of my head!

Wow, brutal axing of the entire Arrowverse! Harsh!

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    oh and Iron Fist Season 2! (lands at 3 AM EST tonight since I'm a late night backwards vampire person I'll check out ep 1 of S2)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    During Sunny last night, we say a commercial for American Horror Story: Apocalypse and it reminded us that it will be essentially combining the events/characters of Murder House (Season 1) and Coven (Season 3). I enjoyed Season 1, but hated 3. My wife has seen neither so we're going to remove it from our series recordings!

One less show :cool:

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    NBC's original order of 13 episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine has increased to 18 episodes.

Noice! Toight!

[​IMG]

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Much joy!

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The trailer for the TV show Manifest has me really interested.

However, it looks like one of those shows that tangles the answer to the question/mystery premise of the show of "what actually happened to cause this..." like the proverbial carrot in an effort to keep its audience; something like The Event or The Crossing, whereby I just lose interest after an episode or two. I really would like networks bring back the mini-series like "V" or "IT" to allow for complete stories rather than teasers and fillers to fill out programming. Something like Manifest, to me, sounds like it would make a great mini-series as oppose to a 20 something episode season. I think LOST caught lightning a bottle, and networks have been trying to duplicate it.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    ABC rebooted V. It cancelled it after two seasons.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    South Park's new hashtag for the Season is pretty great

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    DarthTunick likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It was pretty good, although Morena Baccarin's pixie-cut hair style bothered me. I remember attending a panel for it at a convention called WonderCon when it was held in San Francisco. They should have kept as a mini-series though.

17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I didn't know Tyne Daily had joined the revival of Murphy Brown. This is going to be fun!

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    gak, also adding Star Wars Resistance and, even though I was going to pass on it, the trailer for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina had me add it to my Netflix list. It was so good! The Devil and Satan and Witches M%@#$%%$$@s!!

20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I finished two shows this weekend: American Vandal Season 2 and BoJack Horseman Season 5.

I enjoyed Season 2 of American Vandal for the most part. It kept me intrigued the whole time with its outlandish premise and it does a really good job guiding you on the journey that it wants to take you on. I felt I had a little more freedom to explore the suspects in Season 1 and I think the humor remained mostly consistent in the 1st season compared to the 2nd. I think the documentarians straight laced acting about poop was supposed to elicit more laughs than it actually did. I do like that it takes it seriously and it does have a good message in the end with a satisfying ending compared to its predecessor. I'd recommend it.

As for BoJack, after finishing season 5 I wanted to rewatch it again from the beginning and I just might. There is a lot to digest, especially in the final few episodes, that one could watch over and over again in analysis to get the full joy and understanding, not only in the writing and the comedy, but the entire message of the season. We're all messed up, we're all broken, and we're all looking for validation that we're okay. Character flaws were definitely on full display not only for the broken, but also for those who seemingly had it all together. It's a trainwreck in the best possible way. I can't praise this show enough. It may be a cartoon with talking animals and silly side jokes on the surface, but beneath it, there's so much more.

Perfect time to finish these up too as a lot of the Fall shows are back this week!

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The Voice is coming back tonight! *bounces*

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  22. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    For better or worse, since Trump and his administration took over the White House, news related thereto have been my modern "OJ Trial." Every day I come from work and one of the first things I tune into is ABC's World News Tonight to see what stupid thing Trump said or tweeted. Moreover, the ever evolving Mueller investigation into the Trump campaign. The last few days have been extra rewarding of my diligent viewing on news reports regarding Trump, with the delegates at the UN laughing at Trump's boastful claims of his administration, and of course, the drama around his Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh. I thought Blasey Ford's testimony today was believable and sincere. However, it did not reveal any new or additional details about the assault by Kavanaugh.

Like the OJ Trail, the Trump administration is the best reality TV going on. It's just too bad that this is the reality of the US government and politics.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Murphy Brown is back tonight. Don't forget to set your DVR.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    From Jimmy Kimmel

"We're not the only ones doing our greatest hits. Will & Grace; Fuller House; Murphy Brown is back at CBS. That's right, CBS knows what millennials want and they'll be damned if they give it to them. Maybe I shouldn't say this but I have to admit, I'm kind of excited about Murphy Brown. I think it's refreshing, really, to see anything brown on CBS."

TiniTinyTony and Juliet316 like this.