main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The True Sith Empire** Lords of the First Sith Order- We deal in absolutes.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WookieeRage, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    *Bows respectively* Thank you Master, I eagerly await my next task.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Finally made it around to giving you guys a little what-for in the Pit (especially my apprentice). *chuckles darkly* [face_skull]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    DarthIshyZ, WookieeRage and Mostlymad like this.
  3. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Ask, and you shall receive, apprentice!

Give me a list of 5 Disney characters (Not Star Wars) that would make good Sith in your opinion.. There should be reasons why you picked each one as well. You can expect 2 prestige points upon completion or receive a hwhipping.. Your choice.[face_devil][face_devil]

4. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    A DC area meetup could definitely be something in the future. Maybe some PA folks too?

Nehru_Amidala and DarthIshyZ like this.
  5. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Back in Mass now. VA was a blur. Did some touristing with my family in your disgusting weather. Iwo Jima, Arlington, White House, Einstein, Vietnam, Lincoln, Korea, WWII, and FDR with some of those being drive-by. Also threw in my own color commentary. 12k steps Sunday from dancing and 10k Monday from touristing.

Next time. I promise.

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  6. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Wait, non-Star Wars? You lost me [face_laugh]
    Well, here's my list, in no particular order. Also, figuring having a list of just Disney Villains would be too easy, I included some of the "heroes" as well.

1. Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy): This was my first thought, strangely enough. While Star-Lord can be both compassionate and good, he can also be incredibly ambitious, which has gotten both him and his allies into trouble before. Secondly, we know he can allow his emotions to control him (In Infinity War, specifically), which, if properly trained, could make for a powerful Sith.
    2. Elsa (Frozen): She already has some interesting powers, and the whole plot of the first movie was her not being able to control such powers. I could very easily see her snapping at some point, especially if she accidentally used those powers of hers against her sister.. Rage mode + Ice Powers = Pure destruction. A powerful Sith, she will become..
    3. Hades (Hercules): The god of the underworld practically oozes Sith. While physically weak, he is a master manipulator, preferring to scheme and plot from the shadows to bring down his enemies. He is also known to erupt in explosive fire and fury. Again, oozes Sith.
    4. Yzma (Emperor's New Groove): Like Hades, Yzma prefers to operate from the background, manipulating her underlings to follow her every word without question. Her ultimate goal being the Emperor's throne itself, which she almost attained through trickery and subterfuge alone. If she was able to control the power of the Force, her ambitions would be reached almost without question. Yzma is a person that I can see being ever-hungry for more power, and with the force at her command, that could be quite easy to obtain.
    5. Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles): Like Elsa, I feel like Mr. Incredible would become an amazing Sith only once he suffers from a terrible personal tragedy. His sheer brute strength alone is more than enough to pummel his enemies into submission. If/when he snaps (Like he almost did in the first Incredibles movie), it would be more likely that he would destroy/kill the perpetrators of his immediate grief, before falling into a deep depression. If someone were too.. manipulate Mr. Incredible during his state of major emotional weakness, he could become a very malleable tool. Perhaps not becoming a Sith Lord, but in the very least a battering ram, when normal routes of stealth have failed.

I hope my reply meets your expectations, Master.
    @WookieeRage

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    How very intriguing.

Have a prestige point from the God-Emperor, in addition to whatever your master bequeaths.

I otherwise look forward to your RP posts, everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    You can receive 2 points from me.

*eyes the Emperor suspiciously*

... And with the 1 point from the Emperor it equals 3, reflect that into your prestige total.

9. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Thank you, my lords.

10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Just had an idea. @Moonspun Dragon was lost at the boys (Deward's) castle. I think it'd be funny if she appeared from around a corner and shouted "SURPRISE!"

11. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    That reminds me to actually catch up on NST II and III.:p

12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm sure @Lady Belligerent would be happy to catch you up and tag you! :p

WookieeRage and Moonspun Dragon like this.
  13. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    I, actually, wouldn’t mind that. I’ve missed the RPG. :)

14. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    Oh yeah?[face_batting] You would definitely make Deward a scared little boy.

Moonspun Dragon and DarthIshyZ like this.
  15. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    [face_devil] [face_skull]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Sinrebirth and WookieeRage like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The GMs have discussed it, if you want to open a PM, Arach. It’d be good to have you back methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    =D==D==D=

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  18. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    It can be minor if you'd prefer. We need powerful characters to return.

Silvertough and Moonspun Dragon like this.
  19. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    So, random question, but has there ever been an official source that explains the sense of cultural and technological stagnation in universe? For whatever reason, it appears as if a design (weapon,ship,etc.) Can be implemented unchanged for a simply ridiculous amount of time.. *Cough* Hammerhead *cough*

WookieeRage likes this.
  20. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    Hmm, the thought has crossed my mind on occasions. I had noticed they did more to show the differences between the F.O. And G.E. ships, particularly Snoke's ship and the Star Destroyers looked to be an upgraded look to the old designs. The Resistance ships looked plain as ever.. (not a fan of the rebel ships.)
    Maybe @Sinrebirth has a reason? I'd even be willing accept his headcanon if it has never been explained. At least it would make sense.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Silvertough and Moonspun Dragon like this.
  21. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Well, I think I heard that the Resistance was, basically, short on funds and had to recycle some stuff from the Alliance and other older equipment. [face_thinking]

Deadgobahsystem and WookieeRage like this.
  22. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    I know Star Wars ships don't really make sense realistically, and more focus on the "rule of cool" more than anything else, but still, it always bothered me how little anything changed over a period of thousands of years.

I suppose if we look to real world examples, it could be explained away. The Republic wasn't really faced with any major external threats for a surprising amount of time, which would mean military tech would have no need to evolve.

IRL, between 1870-1970, we went from using horses as our main form of transportation, to putting a man on the moon, mainly because the world was enveloped in two world wars.

We start seeing actual innovation in Star Wars during the Galactic Civil War, but even then, the change is incremental, to the point where Clone Wars-era tech could still be expected to hold their own, so to speak.

Could the overall lack of conflict be the cause of so few innovations?

I dunno, I just like thinking about this stuff..

WookieeRage likes this.
  23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I read about this... from time to time. (Oh, dear. Oh, dear.) Development of tech is slower in GFFA than in our universe. I believe GL said 10x slower.

Yet, consider there are capital ships from the '60s and '70s still in use. Those big ships take a lot longer to be replaced because of the immense cost.

Airliners, too, go for decades before they're replaced.

Even smaller ships like fighters only get "updated" every few years instead of replacing.

It's only your cars that get changed every year. Mostly because of vanity and they're so damn cheap in comparison.

Silvertough likes this.
  24. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    I've never heard of that quote before, very interesting! I think my main theory still remains the same, that lack of conflict is the main reason why there hasn't been any serious development in tech for huge spans of time.

Like, has there been any developments in hyperdrive travel since it's inception? I'm sure the tech can be improved in some way, right?

25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    In a manner of speaking hyperdrive tech has improved. But there's really no way to improve it in terms of speed since they're already at 0.5 past lightspeed (Millennium Falcon, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperdrive). You're really at the high end of the curve there. They can make it smaller though and include it in more ships. X-Wings had hyperdrive, TIE-Fighters didn't. I'm sure part of that was because most TIEs were attached to a squadron on a capital ship, but couldn't the same argument be made for X-Wings? I believe X-Wings were just the next step forward since they included tech normally not available to fighters. Note that Obi-Wan had to attach himself to a hyperdrive ring in Episode II. I'm sure that was a really important thing to improve on, since all a fugitive would have to do to escape the Jedi was destroy their hyperdrive ring while it was in orbit. Jedi can't escape, QED.

Same with shields and ejector seats. Prior to the Battle of Endor, TIEs didn't have ejector seats. Nora Wexley in the first Aftermath book had kissed her own butt goodbye because she didn't think they had ejector seats, but then, lo and behold, the one she stole did have an ejector seat! She was saved!

But if you're looking for a major redesign, it's not going to happen. They have their preferred designs (X-Wing, TIE whatevers) and they're going to stick with them. They'll tweak them to give them more features or stealthier tech, but that's really it.

The book for TLJ goes through the super-fast thruster tech that Poe uses in his X-Wing to take on the Dreadnaught. It was an experimental tech they installed just after the end of TFA because his ship was so beat up already. He had the choice of repairing what he had or including something new and improved. He took the new and improved.

Dagobahsystem and Silvertough like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.