main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Established characters you would like to see in (more) stories!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ewok Poet, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    And I, if I may, am going to put in a word for Enfys Nest. :cool:

2. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Seconding all calls for Enfys Nest, L3, and Rose! It would be really interesting to see more about any of them.

Also, I forgot about Zayne Carrick and the rest of the characters from the KOTOR comics (not to be confused with the game, which they seem to be a prequel to).

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    There's a brief mention of Zayne in the story @Findswoman and I wrote for @Raissa Baiard's birthday...I think?! But yeah, we need more.

4. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Maz Katana
    Chirrut Imwe
    Kit Fisto (The Cestus Deception was worth the price of admission for me just to read about Kit Fisto)
    Firmus Piett
    Zeb Orelius
    Hera Syndulla
    Captain Tarpals
    Admiral Ackbar
    Lobot (I’m one of six people on the planet who liked The Black Fleet Crisis trilogy, and part of that was the portrayal of Lobot as the ultimate cybernetics-enhanced librarian)
    BB-8
    Jocasta Nu
    Dexter Jettster
    K-2SO

I’ve always been drawn to Star Wars’ alien characters. I’d also like to see more stories that delve into the culture and history of alien races like the Kaminoans, the Gungans, the Wookiees, the Nautolans, the Mon Calamari, the Twi'Lek, etc.

Voltron64, Ewok Poet, Kahara and 4 others like this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Same here, absolutely! I love a good alien-centric story. (And hi again, @Seldes_Katne, good to see you back! :) )

I like your list and can direct you to some suggestions with some of those—do feel free to PM. :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Hi, @Seldes_Katne , I’ve written a couple stories about Zeb and a few about Hera; if you’d like, I can PM you with links. (Love your avatar, by the way! Loth-cats! [face_love])

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Kalani.

Kahara likes this.
  8. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    I've got an alien race story that people have been liking, and I used Dexter in another story, they're linked in my sig.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Jocasta and BB-8 have cameoed in stories of mine.

And I have a couple of Finn-centric efforts.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anja Gallandro

Tarsier and Kahara like this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If that is the gunfighter, that is actually a good call.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    His daughter

13. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    @Ewok Poet, who is Kalani? I could only find a really short thing on the Wook and I'm not sure that it's the person you meant.

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    A weird droid. :D

Also: Shara Bey! While I don't care much about Poe, I want to know more about his mom.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Kahara likes this.
  15. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    I've been working up treatments to re-write my version of the sequel trilogy Allston-style, but I've run into a few roadblocks.
    1) The First Order doesn't make sense administratively or logistically as an overpowering big bad, and doing them as "Space ISIS in aeging Star Destroyers/Technical Trucks" feels too on the nose for me
    2) The Disneyverse just feels too small to play around in and the whole OT feels futile as no one's lives really improved at all as a result of all their struggle and sacrifice in the OT.

I like my pilots, but I can't get excited about a ST I can't find my way around in.

Poe and BB-8 getting knocked out and knocked into the Legendsverse around Wraith Squadron selection time on the other hand... Maybe there's something there.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  16. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    FO strike me as wanna-bes. They WANNA be the Big Bad, but they're style, not substance. They got lucky with Starkiller, probably because it was an existing Imperial project that fell into their hands (which explains why it took 30 years?) Of course, the Resistance is down to nothing, too. Maybe you can make it work by keeping it local? The threat isn't to the Galaxy...yet. It is to the locals, and your pilots are local.

PM me if you want to further brainstorm; you know I love it when you get all Allston on us! ;)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Sith-I-5 likes this.
  17. bango31

bango31 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 14, 2016
    Off to find these now!

18. bango31

Dec 14, 2016
    Make it seven, because I liked it, too. Granted, I read it like 15 years ago in high school but whatever.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Make it eight, I liked it too.

For fanfic purposes though, I found the trilogy of books, insufficient material for me to be able to base a story in that era / environment.

20. bango31

Dec 14, 2016
    Ha, I actually set my first fanfic book in the period of time just before the BFC. There's also an allusion to some happenings on N'Zoth by a character from that side of the galaxy.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Just done a Finn and Rose short.

Because you brought it up, and this exchange, I included a K-Wing, bringing it into the Disneyverse.

22. bango31

Dec 14, 2016
    Awesome! I love those things. The forward turret, the missile-loaded wings, the Y-wing-esque cockpit...very cool design.

23. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Akar-deshu One of my biggest Star Wars guilty pleasures is when a jedi character develops an attachment towards someone despite it being against the jedi code. Especially when it comes back to bite them like how Desh couldn't keep his emotions intact and died when trying to kill Quinlan vos. I want to see more of their friendship during the clone wars.
    Quinlan Vos: Speaking of Qinlan...
    Eli Vanto: Really cool character. Without a doubt my favorite non force user to come out of the Disney era. Thankfully, if the comics and books are anything to go by, we'll definitely be seeing more of him in the future.
    Holdo: While I didn't care for her in the movie I loved her in the novel. Would definitely be interested in seeing more of her
    Hondo: Obviously.

TheRynJedi and teamhansolo like this.
  24. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Holdo would be fun to write..... I love her character. Same with Hondo. Oooohh. What if you did Holdo and Hondo meet.... Nah, that probably wouldn't work very well. I'm totally just like writing down my thoughts XD

25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Then others would keep on mistaking them for one another. :D

TheRynJedi and teamhansolo like this.