main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Today is the 25th anniversary of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jean-Luc Picard, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Dear mother of God I feel old.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Jean-Luc Picard

Jean-Luc Picard Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 13, 2018
    Me too.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I care hence why I asked. Would you like to answer the question?

4. Jean-Luc Picard

Jean-Luc Picard Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 13, 2018
    NO!

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    When I was deployed to Iraq, Dean Cain came with a USO tour. After he said a few words about supporting the troops, he asked if anybody had any questions for him. Most of us raised our hands. He pointed to somebody who asked, "Where's Teri Hatcher?" Dean said, "She couldn't be here because she's working, but she told me to send her love to the troops. Next question?" There weren't any more questions.

6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Make it so, or GTFO

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Perhaps he collects forums more than he actually wants to be a part of them. Perhaps he prefers many shallow dips over a deep dive. Which sorta explains the multiple accounts named after fictional characters rather than names made up to represent himself. On this forum I'm Picard, on this forum I'm Kirk, I'm Robocop over there, etc. He's never actually himself. See, even if you have different usernames, they're still you...as long as they aren't actually just actual fictional characters.

It's why the Darth Vader username was not taken for so many years. No one would actually call themselves Darth Vader. It would only work as a roleplaying account, not as yourself.

Well, "Jean-Luc Picard", I don't have a problem with any of this. Do you. I'm actually sorry I mistook you for a bot and got you banned. If you want to establish an actual identity here (which you may not), you'll probably want to change your username at some point.

Then again, he apparently has his own forum, which is advertised in his profile. I'm not going to link it because apparently it's "extremely NSFW". He's also advertised his forum all over the internet, including on IGN. Maybe this is his way of collecting people to join his forum.

Maybe change your name to The Collector. Or maybe The Member. Or The Joiner. I think those names would be more fitting.

Ah.

tom, Darth Punk and TiniTinyTony like this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I remember first seeing Dean Cain as Superman, and thinking to myself, this Superman doesn't not look like the others, which was a good thing because Dean Cain was part Asian. His father is of Japanese decent and Cain has a tattoo of his birth name, Tanaka. This was inspiring to me and others that I've met at SDCC, specifically this guy.

[​IMG]

I've seen him pretty much every year I've attended SDCC, and I remember taking a picture of him and someone telling him, "Hey, Superman is not Asian." And Asian Superman (sorry I don't know his actual name) said, "Yes, he is. Dean Cain is Superman. Dean Cain is Asian." The other guy did not reply back.

It's meaningful to have Dean Cain as Superman, as it does say anyone can be Superman, or at least dress up like him. It's important to have such characters be inclusive and accessible to everyone. That's one of the many appeals of the superheroes. As such, Dean Cain, was truly a symbol of hope and inspiration.

As for Teri Hatcher, perfectly cast for this iteration of Lois Lane. I so bummed to find out she was walking the floor of this year's SDCC looking for Superman and I did not know this and thus failed to meet her. She's currently at the top of my business of celebrities I would want to meet.

Sarge, heels1785 , tom and 1 other person like this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So as long as we don't sign up for the NSFW forum linked in its profile, it can't get our information and we should be good, right?

Darth Punk likes this.
  10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i actually feel a little bad for jean luc here (even though he won't even see this). this particular section of the jc has such a firmly established culture and it's notoriously hard for new people to find a footing. of course, he could have taken a little time to get to know the place and figure that out before he started posting, but with the other 20 boards that he signed up for his approach of signing up and diving right in, copying and pasting the same topics to them all, probably worked out fine. then again, when you instantly ignore anyone who tries to point out that this place is a bit different and not as cool with that kind of behavior, maybe you deserve a little mockery.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think just by posting here, regardless of understanding of culture or willingness to figure it out, you deserve a little mockery. But that's just how we roll.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    That’s a bit of a stretch.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah haha who would ever do that

[​IMG]

Ramza and CT-867-5309 like this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    For a long time, this picture held the record for the internet's biggest number of downloads.

[​IMG]

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Dorks no one should ever take seriously, to be sure.