main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SH Figuarts Star Wars

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth Jaster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Another giveaway is the seller's location. Many fakes seem to originate in China and Taiwan.

2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Isn't that the truth. but too be fair not all fakes come from there

3. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    That is certainly true. There are forgers and scam artists in every corner of the world. It's just one more thing to be aware of when considering a purchase.

Personally, I think that most collectors have pretty good instincts for fakes. If something doesn't feel right, it usually isn't. Equally, many people are happy to knowingly purchase a counterfeit figure if it is suitably convincing.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Thats true also if you don't have enough funds or are just getting into collecting.

5. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Tamashii Nations have announced a RotS Obi Wan figure, which will be released in Feb 2019. Figure will come with multiple head sculpts. I don't think they've nailed the likeness on this one. The features seem a little too gaunt and severe.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    DarthJaceus likes this.
  6. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    Agreed, but I will say it is still a beautiful figure.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  7. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Yeah, it is still a nice figure. I like the way that figuarts handle the Jedi robes. Obi Wan is slotted for a February release date with Dooku following in April. I'm tempted by both.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ordered my first one of these - just ordered the A New Hope Leia. Am waiting for her to come from overseas.

I'm hoping whenever Queen Amidala is available she's not an exclusive that will cost an arm and a leg.

9. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Figuarts showcased some interesting new figures at last month's Tokyo comic con. Among the many new figures on display were Commander Cody, Jar Jar Binks, a hooded Maul and Palpatine on his throne. I was most excited to see Wicket as the Ewoks have been pretty underrepresented in figures lately. There's also a couple of great looking Yodas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    DarthJaceus likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Aw Wicket and Yoda are awesome!

11. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Yeah, I really like how Wicket comes with the log. It's a great looking piece. Likewise, Yoda looks great in his Jedi Council chair. I won't be able to resist either of these when they're released. There's also a nice looking ESB Yoda to come. Figuarts are really stepping up to the plate with this line-up.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    PadmeLeiaJaina and DarthJaceus like this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got my Leia! I have to say the detailing on these figures totally squashes the Black Series. They are 2 to 3 times more money so that would be expected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldn't get her head to come apart to put her other side-eyes face on but could easily remove her head to put on her hood. The hood is a little mis-sized and is larger than her hairline, but w/o the hood the figure looks great.

[​IMG]

Her costume is wonderfully detailed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Head and hands are easy to remove to change out. I really like her face and best of all the figure easily stands on her own, she's nicely weighted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm a fan - I am going to look for these for characters that haven't been done in the Black Series. There's a Queen Amidala coming this year, she's definitely on my "must get" list.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I splurged and got myself 3 Figuarts figures - I got Rey/D-O ROS, The Child, and Darth Vader ANH. I also got a Medicom First Order Trooper Finn figure.

All of them look good. My only complaint w/ Rey is the paint color for her chest is off. They have that you can add her hood and it hooks in on her chest and it's color does not match the rest of her body. Whenever I get around to photographing these you'll see what I mean. Lovely figure otherwise.

The Medicom Finn is really nice and he comes w/ a stand!

The Child is awesome - 3 heads, cloth clothes, hover pram.

I don't have a BS Darth Vader so I'm happy to have a 6" version of him.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah with that low of a price it's got to be fake or damaged.

15. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    I really love the SH FIguarts line of Star Wars figures. I wish they would go back and rerelease some stuff. So many of their figures go for crazy prices these days, like the Revenge of the Sith Anakin and Obi-Wan, thankfully I got the Anakin when it was only 80 bucks, but I know a lot of people want a really good ROTS Anakin and I personally believe the FiguArts one is better than the Black Series one. Also, it really sucks that the Phantom Menace Queen Amidala, Jar Jar, and Force Awakens Rey were all supposedly canceled especially TFA Rey, I really want a good 6-inch scale TFA Rey. The Black Series one aged like milk, not to mention its pretty bad articulation. The FiguArts one looks so fantastic in the photos in this thread.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  16. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Force Ghost star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    I knew this company because of my DBZ collection. Some figures are reasonable others aren't. If I had the money and they were a decent price, I'd pull the trigger on a few of those. I'm hoping these will be at Celebration in Tokyo 2025 (wishful thinking) because I'm considering that trip.

TsmHedorah likes this.
  17. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    I don't even know if Bandai is still currently doing Figuarts for Star Wars, It feels like forever since I heard of them releasing any new figures However I think it'd be really cool to see them make a Marrok figure. I just feel that Marrok's character design lends very well to an articulated action figure line like S.H. Figuarts. An Ahsoka figure would be great to see as well.