main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The WNU Interview Thread!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Khalia Octa, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    "What is one word that sums you up?"

Enthusiastic.

"When did you join the GoL and why?"

Toward the end of last year ... I was checking out "New Posts" page and when I clicked on the "Guardians of Light" they were in the midst of a snowball fight [face_mischief] and I thought joining an RPG would give me practice in coming up with original characters that are the "center of the action." In my fics, the original characters have strong roles but they are secondary to the established main character.

"Can you cook well?"

I suppose. I don't over-or-undercook stuff. :p

"And to add to that, what's your favourite meal to cook?"

I love stir-fry type dishes, those with a variety of vegetables and seafood. For instance, Cantonese shrimp, which has bean sprouts, spinach, celery, and shrimp.

Dessert-wise, a very simple yummy treat which uses crescent rolls with a caramel topping. =P~

"Do you speak any other languages?"

I did learn Spanish in college, but it's rusty even though I live in an area where Spanish is a common language, tied with English.

I do understand some Japanese, more than can speak it, since my extended family comes from there--aunts, uncles, cousins. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  2. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Hiya [face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party]
    I got some questions. ;)

What is your favorite color:D?
    Do you like garlic powder[face_thinking]?
    Have you seen the Chewbacca Mom video[face_laugh]:chewie:?
    Hahn, or Han ( Han's way or Lando's way) :cool:?
    Who is the most famous person you've ever met:eek:?
    Have you ever been to Star Wars Celebration:bluesaber:?
    Do you like Starbucks[face_coffee]?
    Am I too random :p?

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @teamhansolo - hi back! LOL

"What is your favorite color?"
    Pastels, peaches & pinks. For darker colors, gray or navy blue.

"Do you like garlic powder?"
    I like garlic powder, butter garlic spread, and just pure garlic, so that whenever a recipe calls for a couple cloves, I go what's that? And put the entire pod in!

"Have you seen the Chewbacca Mom video, Hahn, or Han ( Han's way or Lando's way)?"
    Oh, no, but I bet those are awesome! =D=

"Who is the most famous person you've ever met?"
    Hmmm. Haven't met anyone famous. :p Don't plan on it either. :rolleyes: Too much hype and ego stuff going on. :p

"Have you ever been to Star Wars Celebration?"
    Nope.

"Do you like Starbucks?"

I like Starbucks, but for Keurig K-cups, the brands that are UP There are Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee, as yummy as it sounds, and anything Gevalia puts out. :)
    Tim Horton's is very delicious as well, as is Folger's Pioneer Blend 1850. LOL (The only drink I like more than coffee is green tea, not the fake Americanized stuff, but literally impported) [face_laugh]

"Am I too random?"
    [face_laugh] No, I like the variety. [face_mischief] [:D]

4. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    [face_laugh] @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Well I guess that leads onto my question, do you like onion?

What are your favourite Legends books?

Are you an artist as well as an author?

What are your favourite fanfics to read and why?

Where do you want to travel?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Khalia Octa
    Ooh, great variety again! :)

"Do you like onion?"

Very much, grilled particularly. It's great that way with liver or with hot dogs!

"What are your favourite Legends books?"

Everything by Timothy Zahn ;) I also like Kathy Tyers' Balance Point. Aaron Allston and James Luceno are great authors as they delve into character motives etc.

"Are you an artist as well as an author?"

No. And that makes me admire even more those users on the JCF who can do both well. @};-

"What are your favourite fanfics to read and why?"

[face_dancing] I love AUs because they are well-plotted and intricate and things could've turned out that way ... sometimes it's a small thing that turns the tide and sometimes it's a major one. [face_thinking]

I also love flipped back-story fics where Leia and Luke are raised in different cultures, or together. [face_love]

Time-hopping fics are a blast! Let's fix the past, why not? [face_laugh]

"Where do you want to travel?"

Besides Tahiti & Fiji & Hawaii, Greece and England & Australia.
    Woot, France for the chocolate!

6. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, got some more questions!! ;)
    What gets your creative juices flowing?

What is the best part about the JCF?

Why do you enjoy writing?

What is it that draws you into Star Wars?

Do you like any other fandoms? :p

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Khalia Octa

"What gets your creative juices flowing?"

I like music, jazz in the background. Lyrics of songs, moods in stories/books/movies. I think - this is similar to what certain SW characters would experience or feel. And then wrap a plot around it. Often, participating in writing challenges where quotes, word prompts, or song titles are provided is helpful.

"What is the best part about the JCF?"

On the fanfiction side, it's the sheer talent, and I'm discovering that is true on the RPG side as well! =D= What I love also is the warm and insightfulness of the reviewers for fics.

"Why do you enjoy writing?"

I adore giving my fave characters different and/or sweet ever afters.

"What is it that draws you into Star Wars?"

The adventure, the striving to make a difference, but mostly, the characters. :D How they get to where they are, how they grow and interact.
    I am also fascinated with the long sweep of Jedi history. [face_thinking]

"Do you like any other fandoms?"

I like "Lord of the Rings" very much. The grandeur and marvelousness of Tolkien's worldscapes [face_love]

I also enjoy "Dragon Riders of Pern".

I love Trek: the original and next generation, and particularly the reboot. So, so much! The camaraderie, the crew-as-family feels, the fascinating "new worlds", and the snarky bromance, but oh my, S/U takes the prize, put it right over the top! :D ^:)^

8. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    This is still going!! :D
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

If you were an animal, what kind would you be?

What is your favourite time of the day?

What do you want to see in Episode IX?

Which character (Canon or Legends) do you want to get a stand-alone movie?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

What country would you want to visit Most?

Do want to travel?

Do you think September is too early for Christmas Decorations in stores?

Do you get a white Christmas?

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Khalia Octa - hello! ;)

"If you were an animal, what kind would you be?"

A koala. I read a book about them recently, and they're fascinating. :D

"What is your favourite time of the day?"

Mornings, my brain is on high alert then. I also like early evenings, time to relax.

"What do you want to see in Episode IX?"

Hmmm. Not sure. A meaningful victory for the Resistance. Would any redemption for Ren be believable at that point? [face_thinking]

"Which character (Canon or Legends) do you want to get a stand-alone movie?"

I always thought Thrawn would be great. Kenobi or Qui-Gon in the pre-TPM days, showing the growth of their relationship. If we could get a Leia-backstory (during the Rebellion era or before) it would be awesome! I really enjoyed seeing a young Han. LOL

@Adalia-Durron -- @};-

"What country would you want to visit Most?"

Probably England. So much history. :cool:

"Do want to travel?"

I wouldn't object to it but the whole rigmarole related to flying is a pain but I'm not afraid of flying, it's all the stuff you have to do beforehand, arrangements etc.

"Do you think September is too early for Christmas Decorations in stores?"

:eek: It never seems to be, because where I live, the holiday themed music seems to start earlier and earlier. Used to start at the end of November, now it's snuck up to earlier in the month.

"Do you get a white Christmas?"

I never have. Live in the South of the U.S., which has 2 seasons: hot and sorta cool-ish. [face_laugh] Used to get more of an autumn feel, and spring, which I adore! But those 2 seasons seem to be shrinking!
    It's the whole global warming thing. :p

11. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha :p
    What genre/emotion do you find the hardest to write and why?

Which SW movie is your favourite?

Favourite non-SW movie?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Khalia Octa

"What genre/emotion do you find the hardest to write and why?"

Action is the hardest genre because you have to get the pacing just right and make sure you have enough details but not too many. [face_thinking]

Emotion-wise, I think a clinical depression would be the hardest for me to write, or a perpetually gloomy outlook.

"Which SW movie is your favourite?"

Return of the Jedi-- I love the twin reveal, the showdown with Jabba, and the entire H/L arc. And Luke and Vader facing off with Sheev, epic! [face_dancing] Plus the Ewoks were a nice touch! ;)

"Favourite non-SW movie?"

I liked very much Star Trek in 2009, ;) and every movie with Sandra Bullock - she combines a snarky humor with a no-nonsense demeanor.

13. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Well, thanks heaps for being willing to be interviewed @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha! If you'd like to be interviewed, just PM me ;)
    Next up, we have... **suspenseful drumroll** @Ava G.!!!! =D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D=

How did you come up with your username?

How did you stumble across the JCF?

What is your favourite part of SW?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It was a blast being interviewed & @Ava G. -- Woot!

What drew you to want to join the Guardians? :cool:

Favorite SW character(s)?

Favorite SW movie and why?

If you could rewrite anything in SW, what would it be? [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

15. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    @Khalia Octa

Thank you for having me!

How did you come up with your username?

I'm pretty bad at coming up with names in general. I'd finished an Ava Gardner movie marathon, and so wrote down a list of usernames based on classic actresses. This one stood out to me, both because it sounds neat, and it's a wordplay. Move the space two to the left. >.>

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls006297369/

^ In case anyone wants to follow my example.

How did you stumble across the JCF?

I think I was searching Google for something related to The Force Awakens. Harrison Ford/Han Solo, maybe?

What is your favourite part of SW?

The spiritual aspect. The Force, the Jedi, the Sith, and how they shape the rest of the galaxy. :)

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

What drew you to want to join the Guardians? :cool:

I kept seeing the name in posters' signatures, and I was starting to feel left out! And I'm a Jedi at heart.

Favorite SW character(s)?

Obi-Wan Kenobi. He's the sympathetic every-Jedi. His sense of humor is charming, too.

Darth Vader. If put through everything he went through, I think I might give up on life. But he kept at it and pwned house! Too bad Anakin died after turning back to the light again.

Thrawn. He's clever and classy, what can you do.

Favorite SW movie and why?

A New Hope. It's an adventure that both adults and kids can enjoy, and doesn't require the other movies to stand on its own. The triumphant feeling at the end is one of a kind. :)

If you could rewrite anything in SW, what would it be? [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Probably The Last Jedi. I would keep the basic structure, but better explain certain screwy aspects (Holdo's leadership), rewrite and shorten entire scenes (Canto Bight), and most important of all keep both Luke and Snoke alive for the third movie.

Yaaay!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Do you see yourself as an author? (Should!!)

Which Sw character would be your love interest ?

What era would you live in the SW Galaxy? And what planet ?

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

17. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    @Adalia-Durron

Do you see yourself as an author? (Should!!)

I see myself as an amateur writer. I should start using "author", though. It'd make me feel more distinguished.

Which Sw character would be your love interest ?

Qui-Gon.

I'd hook up with Obi-Wan years later. He would have to reconcile that even when we give ourselves over to our passion, my heart still belongs to my deceased lover, his former master. Think of the drama. It'd end with me in tears. . .

What era would you live in the SW Galaxy? And what planet ?

Give me a fancy treehouse on Kashyyyk, a while before Phantom. :chewie: pweez

18. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    @Ava G.

What's your favourite SW quote, and why?
    Which SW character would be your sidekick?
    Does SW have much impact on your day-to-day life?

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ava G.

Favorite SW novel and why? Least favorite?

Describe your most relaxing day, plan it out, what would it include? :)

What is your writing environment like? Do you need complete peace and quiet, or can you write with stuff going on in the background?

Favorite breakfast, snack/dessert?

Pizza toppings? ;)

20. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Wow, you guys ask the best questions!! And @Adalia-Durron , you stole my normal questions!!!! :eek::eek: I'll actually have to be creative.....

What is your favorite form of transportation?
    Do you prefer reading books or watching movies, and why?
    What other fandoms are you into?
    Do you have a favorite color?
    Do any kinda of bugs/animals scare you?
    Do you have a favorite musical instrument?
    What is your favorite vehicle in SW?
    What is the most beautiful planet in SW?
    Which has the most interesting culture?
    Isn't this like the best thread?? :D:D ;)

Sorry if any of these questions have been asked before!
    @Ava G. [:D][:D]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  21. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    @Ava G.

What's your favorite dinosaur?

Do you like kittens?

Are you an avid book reader? If so, what genres interest you the most? And do you like to read Star Wars novels?

Favorite lightsaber duel (can be in one of the TV shows If you're feeling extra ambitious)?

If you had the opportunity to write and direct a Star Wars anthology film, without any restrictions on what it can be, what would your film be about?

What does Star Wars mean to you/what is your favorite aspect about Star Wars?

22. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    [face_tee_hee] So many questions!! I won't ask anymore just yet ;)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] The enthusiastic "ThisIsMe" came up with a deluge! [face_love] :*

24. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    What can I say, it's what I do :cool::cool: :p I hope I didn't scare anyone off.... ;)

25. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Look at all these awesome questions!

I will be weak for the next few days. I visited the doctor yesterday and had a thing done. The procedure fit the season, cuz when I got home I kept bleeding and bleeding. There was a jar of blood (and stuffed with bloodied paper towels) next to my bed while I napped. It looked like a prop from a horror movie. I threw it away before the cats snuck into my room and knocked it over. that would've been SO gross

~tears filter off cigarette and gently puffs~ That's how ya do it!

@Voss Fulris

What's your favourite SW quote, and why?

"And well you should not [judge Yoda by his size]. For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is." (continued)

Yoda's speech pattern and word choice are usually pleasant to the ears.

Which SW character would be your sidekick?

Either Threepio or Chewbacca.

Threepio would annoy my stepdad. Laughs all around! Chewie would be a great bodyguard type, and I could get away with a whole lot.

Does SW have much impact on your day-to-day life?

JCF keeps me thinking about Star Wars throughout the day. It wouldn't surprise me if it plays a part in how I make certain choices on a subconscious level. :)

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Favorite SW novel and why? Least favorite?

My answers would be kind of predictable. I hope you don't mind if I go in another direction.

Most underrated from New Canon: Phasma. You hardly ever hear about this one, but the story is really well told. It's rather "adult" for a mainstream Star Wars novel (meaning a novel that the average fan is expected to pick up). If you can tolerate the brutality and melancholy, there's an uplifting message in there.

Heretical Opinion About Old Canon Novels: I'm not a big Luceno fan. I had to skim large chunks of Dark Lord and Plagueis. He just reads like someone who needs to get over himself. That said, he did bring a lot of interesting bits to the lore, such as Darth Vader's experience living in the suit.

Describe your most relaxing day, plan it out, what would it include? :)

I get to stay in a fully furnished cabin on the shore of a lake. Give me internet access, Netflix, a stocked kitchen and liquor cabinet. It has a floating deck with a ladder for swimming. Friends and family are allowed to visit, but only one or two at a time.

What is your writing environment like? Do you need complete peace and quiet, or can you write with stuff going on in the background?

I have two modes as a writer: casual and pro. My last couple entries in GoL were examples of me writing in casual mode, where I sit down and type something out with little to no preparation (answering these questions here counts). A quiet environment is nice, but not required. I proofread, but I'll let a 'style problem' stay in the text if fixing it takes effort.

Pro mode includes me working out a mental outline. I think about a sentence, carefully word it in my mind, type it, then maybe go back and edit it again. This is also my approach to plot, character, and pacing. I take my time with every aspect of the story, defying the age-old advice to ignore your inner editor in the creative phase. You know that feeling you get when you play a slow game of chess? Or solve a crossword or sudoku puzzle? That's me storytelling.

Favorite breakfast, snack/dessert?\

Chocolate cereal with chocolate milk and chocolate sandwich cookies crumbled in. I rarely eat my fave breakfast, tho. For obvious reasons. I gotta keep my figure.\

Favorite dessert, at the moment, would be cake mixed in with ice cream.

Pizza toppings?

Hamburger, onions, olives, plenty of cheese. Ham and pineapple are controversial, but tasty.

BREAK TIME, BABY!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.