main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The WNU Interview Thread!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Khalia Octa, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Hope you feel better soon, Ava, and you get some rest.

I've got questions about your answers now, but it seems fair to let you deal with the current deluge first ;)

@ThisIsMe1138 your questions are so creative!

2. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Rest up @Ava G.! :) Take your time answering ;)

Have you ever roleplayed and if not, do you want to?

Best summer dinner?

Dream holiday?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    @ThisIsMe1138

What is your favorite form of transportation?

1. Walk
    2. Ride in a car or truck

Landscapes and skies can hypnotise. Life takes on a surreal feeling when you travel for miles and let yourself absorb the atmosphere.

Do you prefer reading books or watching movies, and why?

Depends on my mood.

Movies are more convenient than books, but less intimate (as someone else put it). Books have the space to focus on details that scripts gloss over. I think there's a grain of truth to the idea that reading makes you smarter, and too much TV makes you dumber. Reading is work compared to sitting back and passively watching. Your brain works with all that extra detail and produces its own imaginary movie.

What other fandoms are you into?

A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead. DC and Marvel superheroes.

I'm into a lot of different fictional universes, but those are the fandoms I keep up with regularly.

Do you have a favorite color?

Purple.

I watched a video that explained why purple didn't appear on any nation's flag for so long. Had something to do with the cost of dye. lol

Do any kinda of bugs/animals scare you?

Bed bugs are pretty damn scary for their supernatural resilience and power to keep you awake and paranoid. About the only way to get rid of them for sure is to burn your house down. "The night is dark and full of bed bugs. . ."

Other than that, a lot of Australia's wildlife gives me pause in ever visiting there. Box jellyfish, anyone?

Incidentally, there's a poster on the boards who whacks poisonous snakes on the head with a stick.

Do you have a favorite musical instrument?

Saxophone.

What is your favorite vehicle in SW?

I'll take a regular ole speeder bike!

What is the most beautiful planet in SW?

Felucia or Naboo.

Which has the most interesting culture?

Ancient Sith. They're a disturbing lesson in moral relativity.

Isn't this like the best thread?? :D:D ;)

Agreed! :)

Sorry if any of these questions have been asked before!

Not at all. Thanks for stopping by. ~hugs~

@Darth Kronos

What's your favorite dinosaur?

The spinosaurus challenges the t-rex for title of King of Dinosaurs!

Do you like kittens?

YES. Kittens are a highlight in my life. They're cuteness incarnate. I've helped raise two litters by now, and I plan to keep going once I find my own place.

Are you an avid book reader? If so, what genres interest you the most? And do you like to read Star Wars novels?

Well, I'm normally an avid reader, but my attention span went to crap this last summer and it was harder for me to concentrate. Meditation is helping me pull it back to where it was.

I like most the Star Wars novels I've read.

Favorite lightsaber duel (can be in one of the TV shows If you're feeling extra ambitious)?

Movies: The climactic duel of TPM, purely from a choreography standpoint. Luke versus Vader in RotJ, emotionally.

Cartoon Grievous thrills. For Rebels, Darth Vader versus Kanan and Ezra, later Ahsoka. Although Vader moves too fluidly. I would've liked a stiffer style to his movements.

If you had the opportunity to write and direct a Star Wars anthology film, without any restrictions on what it can be, what would your film be about?

I'd be tempted to write my own origins for the Jedi. Borrow or discard whatever's in the EU. Its place in the timeline would allow me to basically treat the story as a re-imagining of the whole franchise.

What does Star Wars mean to you/what is your favorite aspect about Star Wars?

Star Wars to me is about seeing the value of good, the allure of evil, and making a choice. Preferably while having fun!

Thanks, Voss. Bed is my destiny here pretty soon. ;)

I've got questions about your answers now, but it seems fair to let you deal with the current deluge first ;)

Deluge now dealt with, cap'n!

@Khalia Octa

Have you ever roleplayed and if not, do you want to?

Is that an invitation?

Roleplaying is my specialty. [face_mischief]

Best summer dinner?

Hmm. A big bowl of grapes, and a tub of whipped cream. With a side of sliced apples and oranges.

Dream holiday?

Everyone in this thread visiting Rome together. We'll meet a Gregory Peck type and convince him to join the forums.

Or we could meet somewhere in Australia, as long as it's far away from box jellyfish.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ava G.

THE SAXOPHONE! Ahem. [face_laugh]

Who is your favorite saxophonist?

Do you swim, surf, water ski?

Do you like rollercoasters?

OTP in SW EU, if any, and why?

Have you been to any national parks?

5. Voss Fulris

Jun 30, 2018
    @Ava G.

What would be the title of your autobiography?
    How do you feel about Phasma's end, and did the book change your opinion of this?
    What makes you enjoy a book/think it is good?
    Do you have any annoying habits / what do you find annoying in others?
    How would you describe your sense of humour?
    Ocean or mountains?

6. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    [face_rofl] I'm loving your answers Ava!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ava G.

:) About RPGs:

What do you like most /least about them?

Have you ever thought about, or did you ever, host one?

What kind of RPG do you like for SW? I.e., something that fits into established canon or goes far afield?

8. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't know any saxophonists by name. I need to change that.

I swim!

I do like rollercoasters. The funny thing is that I'm the only one in my family who does. Whenever we go to a theme park (very rarely), I ride beside a friend. . . and never a family member!

You want me to say Luke/Mara, don't you? All right. He deserves a significant other who can both love and challenge him at the same time.

And she needs a man who can be patient with her. Oh yeah.

I feel like I went on a field trip in school to a national park. I don't remember much.

Leave Me Here. . . I Want to Look Out at the Ocean

I don't have a problem with her end, per se, but I'm bugged that she was barely used at all in the movies. She was a cold, resourceful sociopath in the book. They never even came close to tapping into her potential as a villain in TFA or TLJ.

I can forgive a lot of flaws in a story as long as its characters feel real and their motivations are understandable. For me it can help to put those real characters in a (contrasting) outlandish setting, for fun. That's why I'm drawn to sci-fi and fantasy.

My sleeping habits are annoying to those I live with. I'm up and active at odd times of the night while everybody else is trying to sleep.

I hate peoples' eating sounds. Chewing, swallowing, the clatter of silverware on plates or bowls. That's why sitting down and eating dinner with others is basically torture and I try to finish as soon as possible. I don't want to hear them eat, and I don't want to hear their banal conversation.

Surreal, I guess?

Leave Me Here. . . I Want to Look Out Across the Mountains.

I would break off here and make another post for the next set of questions, but no double posting and all that. I don't like it any more than you do.

Experimentation with identity. Roleplaying as a different person means leaving your mental comfort zone and placing yourself into a new set of personality traits, principles, backstory, etc. And another good part of RP is that you cooperate with other creative players, whereas normal storytelling takes place in a vacuum that gets rather lonely at times.

My least favorite part: it's hard to chronicle everything into a coherent story for publication or sharing.

I've never hosted one, no. I haven't seriously considered it.

Far left field. It seems ideal to create your own offshoot continuity with roots in the canon. :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ava G.

Either Legends or New Canon, what character(s) would you like to see with their own novel?

What genre is easiest & also hardest for you to write and why?

What are your experiences writing characters younger or older than yourself? Do you like that, find it easy or challenging?

Your dream car? ;)

Are you the kind who upgrades their phone or other tech device or do you wait until it breaks?

:p

10. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Ava G. :p

Do you have a party trick/special talent?

Favourite time of year?

Best emoji on the boards? ;)

11. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Is a movie character all right?

Snoke.

Easiest: Melancholy.

Hardest: Technical things needing research. This includes military protocol/jargon/codes/etc. I suck at that crap.

For some weird reason, I have a smoother time of it writing characters that are younger or older than me by years or even decades.

https://jalopnik.com/5113390/the-curse-of-james-deans-little-bastard

Classic and CURSED

I wait for my sweet mother to buy me a new one.

Life is hard for her if she can't send all her children memes.

I'm telling that you stuck your tongue out at me.

12. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    I socialize and drink for a while.

Then I disappear into the night. Was I ever really there?

Late autumn.

[face_coffee]

We can wind down the interview whenever you want, Ms. Octa. :)

13. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    :cool: I'll start winding it down now since you've gotten so many questions!
    Our next interviewee will be starting most likely Saturday (in the US). This is your last chance to get questions in for Ava - but Ava, you can reply to questions after it's finished if needed. [face_dancing]

14. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    ...Okay one last question from me... Do you have an opinion on sand?? (If anyone watched the last SWC you'd be laughing ;))

15. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    I accidentally got some sand in my mouth once. It took forever to properly rinse out.

crunch crunch crunch crunch

yuck. I hate sand!

ETA: Well, OK. Walking barefoot in sand feels nice, and playing in it can be fun. As long as it isn't too hot.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  16. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Thank you heaps for being interviewed @Ava G.! :cool:
    Next up we have .....
    @Lady Belligerent!!! =D==D==D==D=

When did you come across the JCF?

How'd you come up with your username?

Do you like pineapple on pizza?

Just a reminder not to ask personal questions ;)

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Lady Belligerent
    Hi!

Have you ever roleplayed on the Jedi side? If so, how do you like it compared to the Sithly side? [face_laugh]

Favorite SW novel/book/character(s) and why?

Favorite toppings on a burger?

Favorite decadent snack?

:)

18. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Favorite section of the boards?

Least favorite section of the boards?

Best JCF member ever (besides yourself)?

What would it take for you to give up the dark side and join the light?

Last movie you watched?

19. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    My favorite boards are a three way tie between the EUC, RPF, and WNU. All three hold so many fond memories.

[face_laugh] Best member? Yikes! I’d have to answer that it’s my hubs Darth_wanderguard.

I’d never leave the Dark Side. lol

In the theatre, I think it was Solo. At home recently I had on Death At A Funeral, the British version.

Hello!

I played Jaina Solo in one game @Sinrebirth had. :) it was such fun, and I think I nailed her character. I like to think I put a little bit of Jaina in my Sith characters too.

Fav characters -
    Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Natasi Daala, Kyp - I’m a die hard Legends lover. If i had to pick one it would be
    Jaina.

Burgers? I don’t eat a lot of beef, but sometimes I enjoy a burger and I like sautéed mushrooms and skip the bun.

As for a decadent snack, we have a cupcake shop less than a mile from our house, and it’s a struggle to avoid that place. They have different flavors every week and awesoem cookies too. Thankfully they only open 3 days a week.

Years before I joined here, I posted on the old Star Wars.com boards. There was a large number of people from the JCF that posted there too, so after awhile I was curious and would lurk the JCF. I read lit, fan fic, and a few other boards for ages before I was brave enough to sign up in Jan 2008.

User name - It’s a name I used playing World of Warcraft and it pretty much describes me.

I do not enjoy fruit on my pizza, unless it’s a dessert pizza. :p

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Lady Belligerent

Have you ever hosted an RPG? Would you like to?

Have you ever written fanfictions? If so, what was the easiest versus hardest part?

Favorite place you've been on vacation?

Where would you most like to travel to?

Are you a "night owl" or a "morning lark"? ;)

Pancakes or waffles? [face_laugh]

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m a co-GM in the NST games, and that pretty much takes up my spare time for RP. :)

I have written fanfic, but it was during my early years here on the boards. I even have my own Golden Yoda. :D I found it easy to stick with characters I liked. It’s difficult for me to get into characters way back in the SW time line. Space battles are a challenge for me as well, I feel like I don’t do them justice.

One of my favorite places is the Big Island in Hawaii, it’s so peaceful and I’ve been back many times. This past July I was in London, and I can’t wait to go back because there was only so much time and I want to see more. My other favorite destination is NYC, which is the opposite of a Hawaiian island :p but I love the energy of the city. It’s fun to stroll the streets, people watch, and shop!

I’m not exactly a night owl, and I loathe mornings...maybe I’m some where in between.

Crispy waffles are my favorite, but I’d never turn down pancakes. :p

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite and least favorite SW movie?

Your opinion on Thrawn, as an adversary, and how do you like his whole reliance on art analysis?

LOL! This may be hard to pin down, but how do you see the WNU and the EUC and SWC changed over the years: as to what areas are more active and the things that seem to be drawing in members?

:cool:

23. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Lady Belligerent :cool:

Favourite foods?

Best emoji/gif thing on the boards? :p

Do you think of yourself as creative?

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing]
    Oooh, I just thought of a couple more SW-really intense fan questions: [face_laugh]

Have you ever been to a Celebration?

Have you ever met any SW profic authors?

:D
    Other fandoms you particularly like?

25. Voss Fulris

Jun 30, 2018
    @Lady Belligerent

Which Sith planet would be your homeworld?

One change you wish you could make to canon?

You are clearly dedicated to the dark side - why Sith?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.