main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sly Moore And Mas Amedda- Thoughts

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Rossini18, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Rossini18

Rossini18 Jedi Knight

Jan 3, 2016
    These are two characters who I find endlessly intriguing- especially Moore who is so fascinatingly mysterious and beautiful. What do you think of these two? I am hoping that Disney will come up with interesting stuff about the both of them.

whostheBossk and Count Yubnub like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Mas has been expanded on thanks to the new canon we know he was a high ranking official in the empire. Moore is much more up in the air. She did not even appear in TCW

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Can you make prequel memes out of them? No? Well then, they don't matter.

4. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Excuse me?

5. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Ha, yeah.
    Also when Bail (and Obi-Wan and Yoda) are arriving back on Coruscant in ROTS Mas's "He'll be expecting you..." sounds quotabley sinister.

I didn't even know Sly Moore's name, but I had noticed her during Palpatine's declaring of the Empire now that I know who she is.
    I don't think she ever talks but clearly seems to know what is really going on.

6. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Another cool little tibit about Moore is her home planet Umbardia plays a key role in one of the arcs of the Clone Wars show and it’s where the Vixen creature lives.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  7. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    I thought it was called Umbara?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It is called Umbara.

Vialco and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Amedda seems to be in on the Sith conspiracy. Sidious tells the Federation that, "I've got the Senate bogged down in procedure" and then we see Amedda sabotaging Valorum by telling him that he has to appoint a committee, it's Amedda
    who suggests that Sheev be granted emergency powers, and Amedda witnesses Sheev telling "Lord Vader" to shut down all Separatist droids, arguing with Yoda (during which Yoda addresses him as "Darth Sidious"), and using Force Lightning, and doesn't react to any of it. Later, Amedda is next to Sheev when he says, "I sense that Lord Vader is in danger."

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree that it does seem to be that he was in on the plan especially because he later got a high position in the Empire

11. In Legends it was said that Palpatine and Sly Moore had a kind of relationship (Yes in that sense)

BlackRanger likes this.
  12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I get the feeling Palpatine partially controls Mas Amedda through the Force.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. BlackRanger

Apr 14, 2018
    Sounds like Zahn's theory about Palpatine's will controlling people. I always thought that was a bit silly, but it does have some merit when considered as a Sithly version of the Jedi mind trick.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Zahn got that from the ROTJ novelization.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Specifically:

For the first time, the Death Star rocked. The collision with the exploding destroyer was only the beginning, leading to various systems breakdowns, which led to reactor meltdowns, which led to personnel panic, abandonment of posts, further malfunctions, and general chaos.
    Smoke was everywhere, substantial rumblings came from all directions at once, people were running and shouting. Electrical fires, steam explosions, cabin depressurizations, disruption of chain-of-command. Added to this, the continued bombardments by Rebel Cruisers—smelling fear in the enemy—merely heightened the sense of hysteria that was already pervasive.
    For the Emperor was dead. The central, powerful evil that had been the cohesive force to the Empire was gone; and when the dark side was this diffused, this nondirected - this was simply where it led.
    Confusion.
    Desperation.
    Damp fear.

16. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Certainly, and Amedda's flagrantly demonic appearance serves as visual confirmation of this relationship. He's like the outward manifestation of Palpatine's inner Satan.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I recall someone on this very forum saying that he's "the Renfield to Palpatine's Dracula, with Vader being the Lucy."

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    edit: double post

19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    It feels that way a bit in AotC and then big time in RotS. Palpatine will tell him things and it's like Ammeda is completed to obey. Other times he speaks and something is off, like he's speaking another person's thought. At the Opera when Palpatine says "Leave us." and everyone just gets ups in-sync. That stood out to me as so creepy the first time I saw it.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I didn't mean to suggest possession. I think the person I'm quoting meant "a non-magical villain who serves a magical villain in exchange for power and wealth".

21. BlackRanger

Apr 14, 2018
    One wonders if Amedda was brainwashed by Palpatine at some point in the past, like Renfield in the Dracula film by Tod Browning.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Wait, who is Sly Moore? Is he/she the singing alien in Jabba’s palace?

23. BlackRanger

Apr 14, 2018
    Sly Moore is the four-horned blue alien who is the Chancellor's aide in the prequels. He serves Valorum, then Palpatine.

24. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Nah that is Mas Amedda dude.

Sly Moore is the kind of pale looking female alien who can be seen next to Palpatine in the Opera before he tells them "leave us". She is also besides Palpatine during the declaration of the Empire, looking a little sinister Imo.
    She doesn't have dialogue in the films as far as I know, but just judging by her demeanour in those scenes I would guess she was in on Palpatine's intentions.

But yeah I didn't know her name either until this thread :p
    Mas Amedda as others have said I think it is more obviously implied is more aware than it might at first seem.
    Considering he is advisor to Chancellor Valorum and then Palpatine it would seem he goes where the power lies.

25. BlackRanger

Apr 14, 2018
    Yes you're right. I mixed them up in my mind.