main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things you like and dislike about the Disney era so far? SEE WARNING ON PAGE 7

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by DJT, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Why I'm I only just now finding out about this?! I check TheForce.net EVERYDAY and yet I somehow missed this news.

Lt. Hija and Tosche_Station like this.
  2. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I like Disney's cinematography but I feel they've taken a step back in terms of world building.

Truth is, there's so much SW stuff out there now I can't keep up and am reaching the point where I'm not sure I want to. Maybe taking a SW sabbatical until the final saga film is released is the best idea.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  3. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    I like that Disney appears to be coming finally to its senses in regards to expectations about putting out SW films with the rapidity of Marvel.

jimtalkbox likes this.
  4. MaciekRS

MaciekRS Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    I like new films, like new actors, like Christmas release time, like excitement about something NEW in SW.
    Dont like some so called "fans" butthurt reactions which is driving me away from fandom.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I wasn't aware of this either. But the price they are asking is not for my wallet. I'm also not sure what kind of new information (aside from that exclusive Lucas interview) they are going to include, considering the already extensive making of books by Rinzler.

Tosche_Station likes this.
  6. I liked that there is more Star Wars material like new movies, series, comics, games, etc.
    What I dislike are the Sequels those movies for me are not worthy of being called Star Wars

Emperor Ferus and vong333 like this.
  7. Esh-kha

Esh-kha Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2018
    They could just made them ahead of time well developed taking time and dump them year after year. I doubt there are that many CGI complainers who could sink it.

8. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Like: Rogue One
    Dislike: everything else

9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I think conceptually Disney is on point. The films all look and feel like a space opera in the spirit of the original trilogy.

They are in danger of over flooding us with quantity over quality.

10. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    One thing I really love about the Disney Era films is the Quality of the Special Effects.
    There are no other Blockbuster Movies that come even close.

DarthKreVass and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  11. cane_danko

cane_danko Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 2, 2018
    I love that we are getting brand new stories and characters with high quality movies. Disney is pulling out all the stops and experimenting in ways lucas never really could.
    What i hate is the prequel toxicity has somehow evolved into something much worse. Star wars fandom is infuriating for me and i try my best to not get triggered by people’s overwhelminly negative connotations when they don’t like something but really like the haters have no chill anymore and it makes me feel a type of way i would rather not

IlhamKamaruddin and MaciekRS like this.
  12. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I loved the first act of TFA. I was really disappointed with the rest of the movie.

The entirety of Rogue One is excellent. I respect LFL for having the courage to kill off the entire main cast. I wish we could have spent more time with Jyn and Cassian, but I still think they chose the correct outcome. Rogue One also introduced the existence of the decraniated who I find fascinating.

TLJ was a disappointment on every level, except that Luke looks badass in the scene on Crait.

Solo was pretty good. I have a hard time seeing Alden as Han, but that's not a big deal. The incident when he is given his name was pretty cheesy though. Solo also featured the decraniated, so it gets brownie points for that.

I wish the new saga films retained more of the escapist nature of the first six.
    I wish that Rey, Finn and Poe were written with more care. I want to like them, but I feel as though the writers have not given me any reason.
    I wish there were more cybernetically enhanced beings. Where's Lobot?
    I wish there were more alien main characters.

13. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I like that we're getting so much new content. My only wish is that I was still a kid who could get the most out of it.

On the other hand, I don't really like the idea of making spin-offs devoted entirely to classic characters. I also wish we'd get out of the ROTS-ANH time period that so much has been set in.

Merrin and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  14. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
  15. greytstar

greytstar Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    Like :
    CGI, special effects, actors they chose, addition of some social meanings to the films
    specially I admire how they can turn a huge mess into a smashing box office blockbuster, I mean, I totally enjoyed TFA and TROS when I watched them

Dislike:
    Basically, (at least in the sw films) they way they put their money and social correctness narrative above creating original and coherent plots and disrespecting the sw mithology and previous movies in doing so. It somehow fits with the social media times we live in, all must be done quick, impressive and socially correct, quality and meaning is secondary

lookameatbag and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The new droids have been one of the highlights of the Disney era, especially K-2SO.

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I enjoyed the humorous moments we've seen in the films under the Disney banner-the funny moments were definitely strong points. I have never laughed so much during SW films till films like TLJ and TROS.

18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Like:

Rogue One
    Solo
    Jedi: Fallen Order
    Rebels
    Darth Vader comics

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Like: Bringing back The Clone Wars, The Mandalorian, Rogue One, most of Solo, Battlefront II, Fallen Order

Dislike: The "Sequel" (it doesn't even deserve that title) trilogy, Rebels, CANCELLING THE CLONE WARS, Battlefront

*EU is mostly a wash, although it's more consistently average than hit or miss like it used to be

Honestly, I would have vastly preferred it if George had never sold. Or, had at least followed his original plan of making Episode VII himself. That way, Clone Wars would have aired all 8 seasons naturally, 1313 would have came out, and George would have set up the whole ST to be incredible since he himself would have done VII.

The sad thing, I'm sure George regrets not doing it that way too. You can just tell in interviews.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I liked Rebels and Clone Wars a lot more than Resistance. The first two seemed to have more episodes that appealed to adults as well as kids. Resistance has been a bit too 'kiddy' for me so far.

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I can't make up my mind on Rebels. There are moments of greatness, followed by whole episodes that just seem pointless. It's a weird series.

Resistance - I liked what I watched. But I haven't seen very much of it.

Mandalorian is definitely my favorite Star Wars TV that Disney has given us so far.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    darkspine10 likes this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen Mandalorian so I can't comment on it. UK doesn't get Disney+ til the end of March. However I did buy a Mandalorian Funko Pop.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    He made a metaphorical deal with the devil (or made a wish to an evil genie).

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I haven’t seen The Mandalorian yet as I don’t have Disney Plus - I’m hoping for a Blu-Ray release. Surely we’ll get that. But I do hear it’s a great show. I like Battlefront II and that Clone Wars is coming back. The Last Jedi is a good standalone movie, but it didn’t give me the ending I was wanting (Jedi Order restored).

25. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Like: Rogue One, which is the best of the Disney Era.
    Kylo/Ben Solo's arc. I despised him at first, but I can say now that I think he's my favorite character in the ST.
    I did like TFA because it potentially set a lot up that most of it was never really followed up on. (I guess this can also kind of be a dislike too.)
    Dare I say...Reylo. I was prepared to not like anything about TROS, but they got me. Somehow, they really did.[face_thinking]

Dislike: First and foremost, the treatment of Luke. It made me very angry seeing what TLJ did to him. Up to and including his death.
    How the ST systematically killed off the Skywalker bloodline, and allowed Palpatine's to continue on. It's been said before, and I'm going to say it again, the Saga has always been about the Skywalkers. And having Rey take on the name just doesn't cut it. In fact, it makes it worse.
    The death of Han, even though that was what Harrison had wanted all along.
    How disorganized the ST was. It went in all different directions.

These are just the ones off the top of my head.

Luna2112 and Emperor Ferus like this.