main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Was Your First Story?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by s_heffley, May 1, 2016.

1. Rainbow Serpent

Rainbow Serpent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2018
    [link removed]
    Please refer to Fanfic FAQ regarding self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2018
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Long ago I was on a now dead movie forum, and wrote bad Lord of the Rings stories for a competition.

Something where Aragorn was tempted by a drunk Orc with a fairy doll made of sticks. (Hey, it made sense to me, okay?)
    And an Aliens themed rewrite of the Dwarvish mines of Moria.

And about the same time some Unreal Tournament vid game bits.
    Seriously, why did I do that?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I would read that. YES.

GregMcP likes this.
  4. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I just went a googling.
    They say the internet is forever, but no, not for that nonsense.

I had Frodo on the back of a reanimated Dwarven stone statue, fighting the Balrog and saying "Get away from him, you Bitch!".
    Classy stuff.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...would also read that. And can attest to the internet not being forever... Fallen Heroes by Hellfire has been lost to the mists of time, as well as anything by Magma Angel. (For both... the internet archive can take you to where they were, but not to the content. Ack.)

GregMcP likes this.
  6. Antaus

Antaus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 4, 2018
    My first fan fiction was over 10 years ago and Mario Brothers based. It was about an OC from Earth that ended up in Mushroom World. But rather than working with the Mario Brothers, he fell in with Bowser and became a high profile enemy of the Mushroom Kingdom.

s_heffley and GregMcP like this.
  7. Antaus

Oct 4, 2018
    My first fan fiction was flaming garbage. Thankfully it was eaten by the internet and the rewrite is... better.

GregMcP likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

My real person Formula One fics are worse. I was 18 and I had issues with spelling specific words, so e.g. there were many "bustards" saying "yau"...

GregMcP likes this.
  9. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Formula One fics?
    Love in the pit lane?

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Basically, these women would ask to be paired with this or that driver. But my stories were of the surreal kind - drivers forming a boy band, a fan turning into Jacques Villeneuve's cat, Tomas Enge saving a woman from a blizzard. I was a weird, weird teenager. :D

My first real, actual fanfic was on here - it will have been four years in November. :)

GregMcP likes this.
  11. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Love those flights of fantasy. Doesn't matter if they make no sense to anyone else. Your brain had fun thinking of them.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    A great world to at in.
    The logic of Mario is quite insane. Miyamoto must be a very weird person.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. Antaus

Oct 4, 2018
    @GregMcP Lol, I've tried to make the world a little more realistic in my fic, but at the same time not go total Game of Thrones with it. The fic would probably be rated T for teen. Rather than G.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    GregMcP likes this.
  14. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    My first story (not poetry) was The Long Hard World at War. Yes, the title was absolutely grotesque, but I was about 12 when I began writing it, so... so there. :p It was (naturally) about World War 3 and was far less interesting than watching paint dry. Oh, how I remember the 80s. [face_thinking] Or, wait, I guess maybe I don't remember them all that well.

The inspiration for The Long Hard World at War was when Gilligan (from the tv show, naturally) was trying to write 'the great American novel' one episode. :oops:Not exactly the best source to draw upon for an inspiration, I know.

Thankfully, times have changed since then. :confused: Or maybe not. Who knows till I post my first story here and see what happens. :p

s_heffley and GregMcP like this.
  15. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Ewok Poet: "there were many "bustards" saying "yau""

I had trouble spelling the work "attack" in my first story. It was always, "The armies attached each other." :oops:

Sorry if it's frowned upon to post after my own post, but I just noticed your comment Ewok Poet and no one else has posted yet. [face_nail_biting] *waits for trouble*

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Since you basically waited all day before you made the second post, I don't think it'll be a problem. However, for future reference, if you look down at the bottom of your post, there is a place that says "edit". So if you want to change/add to a post you already made, you can.

mavjade and Vek Talis like this.
  17. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] This is hilarious to think about... the first thing I wrote was a story called Book and Cup (I was like 4) and it was this whole moral story about this book and cup who stole ice cream then had to apologize ;) Then I moved on to Car 1 and Car 2 (for my baby brother) and this whole series called the "Kakey Kids" about this huge family... I very clearly remember debating with myself over whether I was using quotation marks correctly or not. My first fanfiction was purely in my head, and really not worth mentioning :p

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  19. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    First story written in 3rd grade for a school assignment, typed it up on a computer and everything. It was semi-autobiographical wish fulfillment about getting an NES for Christmas (yeah, an old-school original NES).

Next major story was 6th grade, my first foray into fantasy where I surprised and confused the reader in the very last paragraph when I mention my main character was a female Knight, when a male character in the story asks to marry her (Shouldn't have written it 1st-person, or should have at least used more descriptive language, or not be writing it by hand where I felt I couldn't easily go back and edit the story).

Didn't really try writing stories again until the end of High School, when I discovered Fanfics and message-board RPGs on the internet. The first real Fanfic I wrote was the first draft of "Destiny", which didn't get finished for another 18 years, when I posted it here a few months ago.

20. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    The first 'fan fiction' story I wrote as a teenager was a Beatle story featuring Ringo. Lynda V.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  21. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    The very first story I can remember writing was in 4th grade. It was about a real life experience of mine where I was dared by my friends to jump my bike over a small hill. It was so good according to my teacher (Ms Woodring, R.I.P) that she read it aloud to the class.

My first fan fiction story was writen in 2005 after I saw Revenge Of The Sith. I had heard of fanfiction then but never brought myself to write it. At the time, I thought ff was all slash and crossovers. But I finally wrote a story about what if Palpatine kept a journal about the rise of a certain former Jedi Knight. I don't know about anyone else, but the first time I typed the name "Skywalker" I got chills. I finally posted that story here in 2007 when I first joined. Holy Time Warp, that's 12 years ago! :eek:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    pronker, s_heffley, Sith-I-5 and 3 others like this.
  22. SideZeo

SideZeo Jedi Padawan

Jan 22, 2018
    I started writing my very first story back in 2014 on a trainride home from school. I was mostly just bored and looking for something to do, so I whipped out my laptop and started typing. The story itself was set in Half-Life and was supposed to be about the H.E.C.U. Marines (a couple of years before that trainwreck called "Hunt down the Freeman"). I actually wrote quite a bit for it back in the day and had grand plans about expanding out of Black Mesa and into the years of the Combine Invasion on Earth.

My first story regarding Star Wars came to be in 2017 funnily enough. Me and a buddy of mine were bored out of our minds at work and since we're both big into Star Wars, we started talking about what we'd do if we had the reigns over the franchise, what kind of stories we'd like to write. Out of that, the story I'm currently working on, became reality.

GregMcP, pronker, Mira Grau and 2 others like this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  25. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    Outside of my Silver Squadron fic which is on a hiatus due to my chapters being lost in a computer cleaning, most of my other fics are rather strained in my eyes. All the fics prior to my eventual return from college was done on a erratic schedule, not helped by the fact that relationship with a friendly editor was undone when he started going into the toxic side of the SW fandom. While I look back at the early ones for decent creativity and a few chuckles, most of them stand incomplete due to a rather unfortunate set of circumstances out of my control.

Also, I made a attempt at trying to give Grievous his own "Tarkin-Luceno origin novel".

s_heffley, Happy Sando and GregMcP like this.