main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Farts Social Club

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by dolphin, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Twenty years is a fantastic milestone for any website, much less a 90s fandom forum. I'm glad it's still going strong...and that my password still works. This is the only account I can still access.

All my socks are dead!

2. HighWiredSith

HighWiredSith Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    2001 - I have no idea what prompted me to join the forums here. I was likely looking for a place to bash the prequels. I remember starting a movement to blame Rick McCallum for the poor quality of the prequels, arguing that his idol worship mentality when it came to George Lucas was the root cause of the problems with TPM. I was asked to leave several times though never outgright banned. We really divided up back then, the bashers vs. gushers. It wasn't always pretty but it was fun, as long as it didn't get personal.

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...gusher-threads-is-a-bannable-offense.4515027/

Ah, the good old days...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I remember the 'Yellow' colours and how they were considered 'current' fashion trends.................not so much today!

4. Swingin Vader

Swingin Vader Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 1999
    The Sarcasm Knights shall rise again!!!

....as long as we take our arthritis medication. And our blood pressure pills. Oh, and I have to be in bed by 7:00pm. My Bridge game starts early tomorrow.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, I've risen, all right. I've risen to being a moderator. My blood pressure has risen. My weight has risen. My napping has risen. My visits to the doctor have risen.

Love,
    Sir Product of his mom shagging crackies while he was trying to sleep but now makes up for all the sleep he missed when he falls asleep midday.

Blobofat and DarthTunick like this.
  6. Swingin Vader

Swingin Vader Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 1999
    Wait, wait, wait. KukMod is now a....real mod? Times have changed!

Sir Logged Off Noob who now has trouble logging in because he can't remember his years-old password.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's true. I was once banned for "Imitating a moderator" with that absurd...obvious parody... account. And, now I am a real mod. I have yet to yell at people in my old KUKMOD voice.

U R BANED FOR TEH TROLL AND NO BUT YES U HAV NO FOR TEH POST AND FLAME SO YES

EmilieDarklighter likes this.
  8. DaveW

DaveW Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 18, 1998
    I spent so many hours spent reading the forums in the years running up to the prequels. A much more civilised time.

Etav Byx likes this.
  9. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    For many years after joining the boards, I did not have internet access at home, but only from work (which for me was as a reference librarian at my local library). I spent a LOT of time at work posting about Star Wars. Tax dollars at work! [face_devil]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  10. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hi, hello, I'm pretty sure you can file me under old farts at this point.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. V8ER_H8ER

V8ER_H8ER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 1998
    I joined in November 1998...wow, nearly 20 years ago.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, but what have you done for us lately? :p

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I know so many who in RL Have come and gone from here, I feel like an old woman who has watched her family be born and die in front of her! :(

14. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    I don't recall when I first joined, but it was right around Episode I; I got most of my news from the Insider though at that time. I wish I could remember my original logins... would they still work I wonder if they haven't been used in 20 years? If I supply an email address a mod look them up?

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We can do that. Shoot me or one of the other admins a PM with the address/addresses. The IDs should still work (assuming they aren't banned).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  16. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Ah the old days: G4 cube vs Pentium IIs, SCSI, AOL dial-up, 4:3 AR, 21" CRTs if you had the credits, 6 hour wait for TPM trailer to download only playable in Quicktime....

I originally joined before TPM when I was a postgrad but can't remember what my account was called. Probably Darth Plop or something equally inventive and mature.

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
  18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So are you the first of the new Generation @CrazyMike ? 18 years!?!?!? I have kids around that age! :eek:

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had a cat that made it to that age (was 18 1/2 when she had to be put to sleep - old age/kidney issues).

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have a son who made it to 19, but unless he finds his direction soon and gets a job, he may not reach 20..... :p

Blobofat and christophero30 like this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Change the locks on your house next time he goes out.

christophero30 likes this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He's out now, but its late Friday night.......I can't afford an after hours locksmith!

christophero30 likes this.
  23. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I have a cold. But the weekend off. Gonna watch The Shape of Water

24. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    I stumbled across the boards looking for TPM fanfic (altavista and a boolean search). I lurked for quite some time before getting the courage to join and start posting in the USJS as a way to get past writer’s block in my PhD dissertation. I remember the pain of having Darth Server eat posts on a regular basis and having threads just crash out of nowhere. What I have loved over the years is that I can be active or not and the community is still welcoming.

25. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Finally a thread for the old timers...not that I've been around much lately, but it's great to see some familiar names and those of my generation.

Cheers all.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Darth Dark Helmet likes this.