main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Lenovo ideapad. I just replaced with the same thing I bought five years ago, except for the new flashy purple color. I had high hopes my old one was able to be salvaged, but alas... not to be. Even though I didn't want to spend the money at least it felt like Christmas yesterday!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hope it works well! I've had pretty good luck with the HP. I'd probably go with the same brand when I have to replace it.

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Mine old Lenovo was perfect, my son got frustrated when we were moving some stuff and the laptop had the power cord plugged in and he accidentally broke it off and also broke the plastic grates on it. we took it to Geek Squad but we only have tech support not hardware. With this new one I have the hardware and software plan. Not taking any chances this time.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ouch. Yeah, I have what the store calls 'PC Care' on this laptop and I've had to use it a few times. Definitely worth the extra money.

cathiecat likes this.
  5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    not all of my figures but I had said I would find a way to show you some of them.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Mother_Talzin like this.
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Everything looks great @cathiecat

New sketch Sketch of the upcoming Rey statue from Kotobukiya, the first of their new line designed by manga artist Kamome Shirahama. Darth Vader will follow as the next statue in the line. - first figure is Rey.

cathiecat likes this.
  8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Anyone up and around anywhere?? Just looking to hang out and chat. Not sleepy, watched enough Halloween movies for the time being. Been reading blogs I found by googling Padme Amidala, was surprised and pleased that a few recent ones are out there.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm up just goofing around online.

I finally signed up to get the Bespin Leia mini-bust from Gentle Giant. I'm trying to decide if I want to get the 2 ESB Jumbo Vintage figures of her. I can get a discount on the Hoth Leia or I can use it on the Finn Mini-bust. I have one of the Yoda's that way. Interestingly even though I grew up collecting the vintage figures when I was a kid I like the vintage looking cards but they don't hugely overly thrill me. I think the Jumbo figures are a bit odd also. It's probably because I didn't keep my figures in package and used the card backs for the proof of purchases to get more figures.

I have the Bespin Smuggler's box coming this month and am trying to figure out if I want to pre-order more stuff on Sideshow. (Psst...I have a LOT of figures already on pre-order.) I do want Scully to go w/ my Mulder for The X-Files, Mulder turned out great. Other than that I do want Crait Luke - I want to display him w/ TLJ Leia. I should have the Island Luke (not white robes) coming next month.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I would love to get the Premier Guild membership to get the Bespin Leia. No way to afford it right now. Last month I overspent my budget buying a teacup and saucer from the Althorp Estate where Princess Diana is buried. I also bought a few other Princess Diana offerings, one of which was the Princess Diana chase pop in red dress. A few books, a coin, a ring. So I promised myself I would not buy anything this month. So far I am sticking to that promise.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah it's a problem when you have multiple things that you collect. I used to have the Franklin Mint 16" vinyl Diana Doll (and the Jackie Kennedy one also) but eventually sold them. I think I still have one of Diana's outfits and one of Jackie's dresses. Both I had trunks for them w/ multiple outfits. Someday I might try to track down the Titanic Rose doll w/ all of the costumes and trunk that came out about the same time. I LOVE that movie and all of her outfits.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Titanic remains one of my favorite movies. I was not aware there was a Rose doll. Probably a good thing for my pocketbook, in the nineties I decorated one of my hallway's with Titanic art prints and framed cinematic posters. I would have loved a Rose to go on the bookshelf.

I had my portrait editions of Queen Amidala, Princess Leia ceremonial gown, and a Princess Diana all on different bookshelves. I blended everything together back then. I have always wanted a Jackie Kennedy as well. Sometimes I am good at saving and others I go bananas. However, I am pretty certain given the recent figures by Hot Toys that I will be sticking to Star Wars for a while now. I have to wait till January to put any on a payment plan though. My son's fiance is coming to spend two weeks with us in December and I want to just make it a good memory and yes, I know money does not make the memories more memorable, but I just want to be sure we have the foods she likes and a few gifts. My family in Arkansas has been sending me gifts to wrap for her for the last three months. There is quite a collection growing in my Christmas stash for her.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    There are some 12" Rose dolls out there - one by Galoob (I got her on ebay at a good price) and one from Mattel (much pricier) - both are in the red/black beaded dress. The 16" Franklin Mint doll had all of her costumes. I don't think the doll looks much like Kate but the outfits are stunning.

Let's see what all do I have on pre-order:

Gentle Giant - ANH Yavin Ceremony Leia Mini-bust (she'll go w/ Han and Luke) how will she fit in the stuffed shelf, I have no idea.
    Premium Guild - Bespin Leia Mini-Bust and Amanaman (I couldn't help it - he looks fantastic.)

Hot Toys

Pre-order

Republic Era: Yoda AOTC, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Deluxe) ROTS

Rebellion Era: Darth Vader ESB Bespin, Han Solo Deluxe (Solo), Leia Bespin

Resistance Era: TLJ Leia, TLJ Island Luke, TLJ Kylo Ren. TLJ Crait Luke

Luke and Kylo are in final payment.

Yeah I have no will power I just put Crait Luke on Pre-order so he can be displayed w/ Leia. At least he won't be charging until late summer next year.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    How do you preorder but not start making payments till later? I did not know that was a thing?

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sideshow gives you the option that you can add a payment plan to the order, just click on it, select what day of the month you'd like to pay, how many payments you want to make, then you just have to pay a Non-Refundable deposit which is 10% of the order (usually like $20 something bucks) then you just wait until the dates that the payments are expected and start paying them off. If they give you 4 payments they're usually between $50-70 each, 3 payments are more like $70-90. But it's all still better than forking over the full amount of the figure at once.

Payment plans is how I can afford to have 9 figures on pre-order. My Kylo and Vader I applied some of my Sideshow points on them so that took their overall prices down.

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I've done the payment plan but I didn't know I could make the down payment and then go a few months or so without paying on the monthly date.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You don't get to pick what month you pay - but they'll show you when they plan to start charging you. So anything that's been up for a while - they'll start charging you soon: https://www.screencast.com/t/qkedqX1W1NQ but for figures that aren't scheduled to come out until 2019 the dates are much later in the year for when they'll start charging you: https://www.screencast.com/t/SrHh7oHUirfv

Hot Toys IS flaky on when stuff gets delivered to the US warehouses so sometimes you might end up w/ extra last payments showing up months later which can screw w/ your budgeting, but overall it's not bad, at least you're paying in installments.

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay, Great!! Next question. How do you redeem your rewards points

I finally figured it out, you can't use reward points for a preorder.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Thankful for that Sideshow staggered release with payment plan feature. I'd never be getting the ones I have on pre order without it. Fingers crossed they don't delay my last payment on Sith Anakin any more. I'd like to get more and I need to make a decision. Do I really want to part with my resin BJDs from Iplehouse to fund my Hot Toy obsession now or not?

I brought back an old Ep II poster that I had in storage at my mom's house over the summer and finally got it put in a poster frame and hung up on the wall. It's the one where Anakin and Padme stand back to back and it says "A Jedi shall not know..." I worked at Toys R Us back when the prequels were in full swing so I have some promotional posters to frame and hang still.

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Have any of you picked up the Dr. Aphra figure? They made a single version in The Vintage Collection and also released a multipack with her droids as an exclusive. I picked up the single figure, and having read most of her comics, I like that we now have a comic figure in that line.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Woohoooo--- Black Series Padme revealed!

[​IMG]

cathiecat likes this.
  23. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    She looks pretty good! Love the boots.

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think the body sculpt - outfit boots look great. I think the face is prototype, it looks like it was hand painted.

cathiecat likes this.
  25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I so love it, FINALLY we get our Padme and I love that her cape is included. However, for some reason her eyes look weird to me, and eyebrows(I know Natalie Portman's eyebrows are slanted but these look off). Slightly reminiscent of Sideshow Snow Bunny. I see tiny little eyes, I hope it's only the prototype and they work on it a little bit.
    But enough criticism, I am over the moon with happiness that we are getting our 6" BS Padme!!! :amidala::padme:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.