main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2018.

1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Liked it, but they better get Kaz to settle down ASAP, cuz that dude is driving me up a tree. I was surprised to find I LOVE the look of the show, especially the starfighters. I think the show has a TON of potential, and I'm looking forward to MORE!

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I really like how backaround characters who did not even talk kept appearing. It makes the world feel alive

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Flix is my favourite character so far. I loved the frozen state of shock he went into for a second when he heard Kaz had no money to pay for the parts.
    [​IMG]

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I like it so far. I warmed up really quickly to the new animation style and so far I like all the characters beside one creepy dude. Not really into racing but so far so good.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So....Aunt Z is our Quark...who will be our Morn??

vncredleader likes this.
  6. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I like how Flix is an owl but with the goggles he looks like one of the talon's masks from the court of owls of dc

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    smudger9 likes this.
  8. Manny Bothans

Manny Bothans Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2013
    I wanted to quickly chime and say that this show is awesome. That is all.

9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  10. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I just know that Jacen is going to show up in this show sooner or later maybe even his mum as well.

podjazd and cwustudent like this.
  11. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    episode 1&2 was OK, if you go past Kaz's exhausting personality (seriously, is this guy high on sugar?) and the many really cartoonish situations but i guess this one is for the kids. ep 3 & 4 were nothing special IMO, fillers the both of them...but i actually enjoy the animation and visuals, a bit of a departure from previous SW animated shows and change is good sometimes. I also like this idea of racing and the possibility of spy adventures and the "cold war" between the New Republic and the First Order but i'm not sure the show will satisfy my expectations, the execution might not be my cup of tea...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Chris0013 likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m actually surprised at how much better the animation is than on Rebels and TCW. It’s like night and day to me.

podjazd and vncredleader like this.
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The visuals are the highlight of this show. Especially when it comes to dogfights. I would love to see a giant space battle with cruisers done in this style. Visually I'm enjoying Resistance way more than I did TCW or Rebels, but not so much when it comes to the characters and the story, however I'm hoping that it will get better as the season progresses...

14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    It is an interesting way they launch the fighters/racers with the launch racks. Not the same exact mechanism...but reminds me of how they launched Valkyries in Macross: Do You Remember Love.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    So...Resistance takes place 6 months before TFA....and it will be 22 episodes and I am assuming season 2 will be the same episode count. Are they going to set everything in season 1 and 2 in that 6 months or will they do something in season 2 to tie into Ep IX next winter??

podjazd likes this.
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    If I remember correctly, one of the people working on the show confirmed on their twitter that we will get to the events of TFA already in Season 1. I'm assuming the destruction of Hosnian Prime and the FO invasion will be in the Season finale two parter. And Season 2 will probably cover what the crew did during the events of TLJ and after. Especially if there is a significant time jump between TLJ and IX.

When Season 2 premiers, Episode IX will be less than three months away, so they will probably start covering what happened in between. Not just in Resistance, but also in other media.

chrcharcor2 and podjazd like this.
  17. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I like that the NRDF has full environment suits for their pilots.

[​IMG]

18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    yeah that's cool. I also love that the new Astromech droids used by the NR use the Blue and yellow scheme seen on the NR symbol.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  19. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    If they are all the same color it could get a little confusing.

20. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

What I want to know if this is one of the CR90 corvettes we see through out Star Wars Rebels as Poe says this ship saw action from the Battle of Scarif all the way to Jakku.

21. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I believe the current general consensus is that it is The Liberator. Both have blue markings.

22. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I love all of it thus far, leaves me wanting more and more.

podjazd and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    This is the liberator

[​IMG]

Note the markings are different.

MercenaryAce and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I am gonna go out on a limb and say it is this one.
    [​IMG]
    However the markings don't need to be the exact same IMO cause with years of service that gets worn down and while mostly crews would want to keep their colors, they might keep it more minimal, this could even have only changed literally once the Resistance got it. Thematically I think the Liberation works best

Snafu55 and Chris0013 like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Hey, do you think the animation in Resistance is better than it was in Rebels and TCW? I'm only asking because I don't think I've heard your opinion about it yet. :p

EHT likes this.