main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    @robert martins Care to address the question I posed to you the other day?

Also Lincoln was a liberal then and would be regarded as liberal today. Conservatives would be defending slavery, as they defend mass state incarceration and the execution of unarmed, innocent black civilians.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  2. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I really hope brainwashing is someday a thing so we can help you.:)

Vaderize03 likes this.
  3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You definitely are a Republican. You clearly demonstrate the GoP's knack for witty repartee.

appleseed and Vaderize03 like this.
  4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Do you know what they say about assumptions? I'm French, and a Gaullist.

Rew, appleseed and Vaderize03 like this.
  5. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    This is so stupid I don't know what to say. Or I could say something just as stupid, democrats support the execution of innocent babies because they are pro-choice.

6. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    And you have the gumption to accuse me of ‘writing nothing’?

Try thinking for a change, instead of just reacting. That is, if it doesn’t overheat your circuits ;).

Returning to reality, I just confirmed via phone call that my absentee ballot is IN. Woot!

7. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    vote Republican.

8. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I mean that point of view is literally what conservatives think and I wouldn’t call it stupid. We just don’t agree on what reality is. It’s a problem.

I asked you a question that could potentially open doors for mutual communication beyond tribalism and this garbage is all you can spew back? Rise above the noise and answer the question and we might have grounds for empathy and a mutual understanding of our place in this country.

9. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You caught me red handed. Yes I support murdering babies. But only in utero and at the behest of the mother. Because the biblical act of tearing babies from their wailing mothers' arms and dashing their heads upon rocks (Psalm 137:9) is a bit too extreme for my taste.

Nobody145, appleseed, unicorn and 2 others like this.
  10. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    I believe you asked what would I like our country to be?
    1st of all is for everybody to be treated the same no matter race, gender or sexuality under the law.
    secure borders
    tougher laws for gun crime
    gun bans on anything that can fire multiple rounds at once
    less taxes smaller government

11. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Vital to #1 is the right of a woman (within reason in regards to the stage of her pregnancy) to control her own body. No such equality in relation to gender can survive without such protections.

Nobody145, appleseed, unicorn and 2 others like this.
  12. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    what's within reason? How late can you have an abortion when your health is not in danger because of it?

13. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Thank you for answering the question. So it turns out on a fundamental level, we agree on almost everything on this list. So why do we prescribe mutually derogatory labels that make it impossible to hold a conversation, and furthermore make us fundamental enemies? What are the forces at play that, on a larger level, are making representative democracy impossible? On an interpersonal level, how can we remedy that problem?

14. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    Simple answer for me is that the extreme views on both sides is what's reported by news media.It makes for better conflict

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Something lost in the shuffle that I had forgotten; with Saudi crisis over the murder in their Turkish embassy, the US doesn't have an official ambassador to either Saudi Arabia or Turkey. [face_plain]

Oh, and rumor has it (for whatever that's worth) the Saudis plan to admit now that he "died during interrogation".

Sauntaero and appleseed like this.
  16. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    However late a woman and her doctor decide. I’m not in favor of Christian internet doctors Monday morning quarterbacking very very private, and typically extremely traumatizing decisions in the private lives of total strangers. If you know anything about the reality of late term abortions, you would know that they are generally heartbreaking decisions to end very much wanted pregnancies.

Rew, Valairy Scot, juday and 7 others like this.
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

So much for Trump's "rogue killers". They will need to stock up on more ice cream at the WH tonight.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I love how the Saudis are pretty much saying, “OK, fine, we killed him but it was totally an accident”... on the same day that Trump said he believed their earlier denials and suggested it was “rogue killers”.

19. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    "Look, we accidentally chopped his body into pieces. No biggie."

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Such is the global view of Donald Trump. One would gladly confess to murder they committed if for no other reason than to allow the man to look foolish in his proclamations.

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Trump will just give his new standard response: "Who cares?"

Luke02, Jedi Merkurian and EHT like this.
  22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    SO SAUD!!!

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My opinion: first trimester.

But @Vaderize03 has posted multiple times that no doctor worth his or her license is going to perform an elective abortion much past that point, if any.

And my bigger issue with the pro-life movement is that many of its adherents also oppose wider availability of birth control at little to no cost, which indicates to me that preventing abortion is not exactly their priority. Punishing women for having sex is.

Rew, Chewgumma, Nobody145 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.