main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    This is indeed the T-85 of the New Republic:

https://www.starwars.com/databank/t-85-x-wing

Strongbow and dekaneas like this.
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    And I bet we will never see one on the big screen.

MasterPrince713 likes this.
  3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Random thought: what if Chewie uses the Falcon as a self sacrifice, and while he's in the pilots seat about to crash, Luke appears next to him as a Ghost and puts his hand on his shoulder, comforting Chewie.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I could see Kylo doing this, not Chewie.

dekaneas and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope no one does it and the falcon stays save

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That would be an incredible scene. Good thinking.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd like to see some attack ships, the equivalent of a WWII Douglas A-20 Havoc. Where you have a single pilot, a forward gunner and a technician/rear gunner.
    [​IMG]

Sarge and whostheBossk like this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Star Wars needs a Haunebu!

9. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

I want this baby back on the big screen. There's bound to be some of them around still, even though they may not be in use by any government (dismantled, rebuilt etc.).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    As has been said, I can easily imagine something like this happening, but with Kylo instead of Chewie. Don't know why, but I would really like to see Kylo get behind the controls of the Falcon.

11. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    I will take one of these in 9 please...fav ship in SW.
    [​IMG]

12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    The nostalgia is strong with this one. Maybe a sleeker updated version, even seen in the opening sequence of the film?

dekaneas likes this.
  13. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I wouldn't mind this one either.

dekaneas and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I was thinking about this the other day and also decided that it’s my favorite.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope they have repaired the Supremacy in the time between films and it's now Kylo Ren's ship. I like it when ships carry through multiple films.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now scarred on the left side just like Kylo.

Except, actually scarred according to the wound it suffered as opposed to making it less woundy-y because he has to look good for the Teen Dark Romance novel plot.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Meh. Supremacy was an incredibly boring-looking ship, IMO. Especially compared to the SSDs in the OT. I hope Kylo’s given something new.

18. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Kylo gets the larger piece of the Supremacy, and Hux gets the smaller piece.
    Kind of like Bond driving the half-Renault 11 in A View to a Kill, or a split motorcycle & sidecar.

ILM has code-named this flagship The Kylo Renault.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  19. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep, hopufully more along the lines of Vader's SSD. What an impact that ship made in ESB.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Should this appear?
    [​IMG]

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I like it.

dekaneas likes this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Did I miss the discussion about the Orange X-Wing in IX? Where does it come from, another faction or Rey's personal ride?

23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I have to say, I find basically all new ship designs to be rather boring. All the new capital ships on the FO-side looked like a big bloated mess to me, and they just got bigger with every new ship. Kind of like the villains in the early EU, where authors really liked the "I take your big and almost all-powerful villain and top him by an even bigger and even more ridiculous villain, and I give him a really stupid super-weapon on top of it!" approach.

The only new ship-designs I kind of liked were the U-Wing, and the new bombers from TLJ. The latter were truly something different and unique among SW-vehicles. Though it does seem a bit odd that the resistance of all people would have thise kind of weapon-system.

Come to think of it, it is truly rare to see capital ships duke it out in these movies. TLJ had long-range fire at the resistance-cruiser, but the only real battle between big ships was the battle of Coruscant in RotS. There was an order in RotJ to engage the Star Destroyers in close combat to prevent the Death Star from firing at the rebel fleet, but you never really got to see any of that on screen, only small fighters.

Some fighting between bigger ships (Star Destroyers, etc.) would be nice for IX.
    On top of that, some proper dog-fights, like in the OT. The new movies had some scenes that really "looked" nice, but things got blown up way to quickly. It looks odd when Poe flies around and takes down six TIEs or so, plus a bunch of stormtroopers on the ground, in a matter of about five seconds.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think there have been some very good new ship designs. The U-Wings you mentioned, Krennic’s and Kylo’s shuttles, Raddus’ capital ship, Dryden Vos’s yacht, the AT-Hauler, etc. The bombers were OK too, though they were a little overdesigned, I thought. Generally, I think the anthology films have been much better on this front.

I missed this. What orange X-wing?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I didn't really like the shuttles at all, especially Kylo's. These abnormously large wings just look stupid to me.

Raddus' ship in Rogue One was indeed kind of cool though, forgot about that one.

Sarge likes this.