main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Post-Solo Anthology Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TheYodaPagoda, Oct 27, 2018.

1. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I keep getting conflicting information about whether or not Lucasfilm plans on releasing any more of the Anthology films. I felt like Solo should've done better at the box office, but it didn't end up losing that much money. Before Solo was released, rumors surfaced about a Boba Fett film, and my eyes couldn't roll far enough upwards. Upon actually viewing Solo, I was absolutely pleased, and wanted more of this Underworld universe the Kasdan boys have cast upon us. Wow! But unless Lucasfilm wants to create smaller films for the Disney streaming service, I guess we won't be seeing sequels to Solo anytime soon.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I don't have anything bad to say about Solo, but as far as the character of Han himself in this movie, I don't have anything good to say about it either. I hope we get further anthology movies (and yeah, I'm on the Kenobi train), but for the most part, the focus needs to be on new characters. Would I go see Solo 2? No. Probably not. Would I go see Enfys Nest? Yeah - in a heartbeat.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I didn't find anything too wretched about Alden's performance, he seemed like he could be a younger Solo. It did point to a time when we'll have movies that don't center on the Skywalker family at all, and that'll be a day long remembered. Enfys Nest and her plucky band of Rebels should have a role in the next film, plus Donald Glover as a young Lando? Let's give him a movie too!

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, he wasn't awful, but he also wasn't memorable. Literally everyone - including Chewie - stole the show from him at some point. The titular character shouldn't be the most disposable. If that story is to continue, I'd prefer he cameo than star.

5. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    @Big Bad Yoda Daddy @TheYodaPagoda

I was hoping for the rumored Boba Fett standalone to be a sort of sequel to Solo. Focused on Boba Fett but also show Han during his time working for Jabba. I'm not too keen on the Kenobi movie, unless they're going to focus on the pre-prequel time for Kenobi. I think they need to leave the canon alone when it comes to Kenobi's time on Tattoine. Leave him as a hermit watching over the last hope. Rebels has already come dangerously close to disrupting that by having Kenobi dispatch Maul. And lastly, I kind of liked that everyone stole the show from Alden. I looked at it in the sense the movie focused on all those who had the biggest impact on Han and led to him becoming the character we saw in A New Hope and beyond. I do believe they could have done a better job in expressing it, but that's how I take it.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.