main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Edit double post

2. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    60 books? Guys, I have a life... no matter how much I may love Star Wars.....

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  3. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016

4. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016

5. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    60?????? *faints*

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    29 or 25 seem fine.

So I wonder how populated was the Yuuzhan Vong Galaxy in comparison to the GFFA.

7. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    29 or 25 seem fine.

So I wonder how populated was the Yuuzhan Vong Galaxy in comparison to the GFFA.

8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Edit double post

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A series about the history of the Yuuzhan Vong would be interesting.

10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Indeed the cremlevian war begs for a book, the reaction as the Vong are cut off from the force, their Trek through the void.

I stated earlier either in this thread or the NJO thread that the Vong were really the central characters of the NJO. It's the story of their redemption.

They fall into violence, and their god/parent(Yuuzhan'tar) cuts them off from the force and they fall deeper and deeper into sadism, cruelty, and a false religion that echoes their Eden. They try to wage to war against the GFFA and come so close to succeeding but because of Vergere and Jacen's efforts along with Harrar, Nom Anor(inadvertently), and even Onimi they return to the garden as it were. They are welcomed home redeemed and can begin anew.

It's very biblical and yet very Star Warsy and that's why I love the NJO.

11. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Man what I would do for a Netflix series of the NJO...

Jedi Knight Fett and Sudooku like this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It's certainly doable I think, more I think you'd need a HBO GOT style adaptation but it could be done.

13. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    For some reason, the Hullen storyline from Killjoys made me think of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion...

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    One aspect of the Vong war we hear about in the books but don't see is the Hutt Space campaign. We know that Nas Choka conducted it and it was largely a success for the Vong-it's something I wish we could have seen on the page/screen and not just hearing about it.

15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
  16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Just heard about it. Seem to be the canon replacement.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Grysk? They sound somewhat interesting but the name leaves a bit to be desired imo.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Sounds very D&D esque.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Supernatural Encounters novella has now given Yuuzhan'tar a name and origin.

Chapter 23: Spawn of the Architects

The idea of producing his own offspring had occurred to Cold Danda Sine as something new and exciting, and in secret, he brought one forth. A lover of incongruity, Sine’s offspring was designed to be the diametric opposite of him. The antipodal being that came forth was a sphere-shaped planetoid outwardly similar to Cold Danda Sine, but unlike him in every other way. Where Cold Danda Sine resembled a blackened world of fiery lava-flows, his offspring was lustrous and green with life. Whereas Cold Danda Sine was now indifferent and emotionally unresponsive to anything but his own whims, for which he was ever restless and impatient, his offspring was compassionate towards life with a serene, philosophical disposition.

The two looked upon each other with intimate knowledge of what each was, and though he displayed ambivalence and antipathy towards him, his offspring could discern the love and curiosity that dwelt for but a moment in the otherwise frozen heart of his parent.

“What do you call me?” asked the offspring.

Nobbyla,” (which means “accursed spawn”), Cold Danda Sine responded with a cold laugh.

“In an earlier tongue that meant noble, an appropriate name for I am the most benevolent being you have ever fashioned. Nevertheless, I will call myself Aerimus, for I am to be the cradle of life.”

“That does not concern me,” Sine said with the hint of a mysterious sadness.

“I am saddened for you,” said Aerimus, though he mistook his sire’s grief, not realizing he’d glimpsed what might come to pass, “but grateful for the life you’ve given me. I fear our mutual incompatibility tells me we must part.”

But Cold Danda Sine had already turned away, whether lost in the devising of new and recondite schemes, or stricken by the realization of the cycle of perpetual abandonment that had plagued his bizarre life. Aerimus did not take offense, as he was wise enough to know his sire was broken in a way that he could not heal, but not discerning enough to recognize the cause of his brokenness.

Aerimus had caused Sine to become reflective, and he saw now how he’d become the very thing he once detested, a dull, old, tasteless trickster. This feeling of shame, at least, was a new emotion for him, and the return of his grief was powerful and nuanced, and he inwardly reveled in it, even as he requested Splendid Ap to transport Aerimus from dark Illathurion to an uninhabited region in one of the dwarf galaxies.

In this, Ap knew he was seeking to protect him from the war to come, but Aerimus would not escape the sorrowful vision Cold Danda Sine had seen. In the millennia ahead he would meet with a race of beings who had traveled far to Companion Cresh in order to escape from the galactic wars. Aerimus had grown lonely over the years and was eager to have people with whom he could share his world. These beings renamed him in their own tongue, and together they fled to the further dwarf galaxies… but unbeknownst to them there they would only find another war between the Abominor of dark Illathurion and the Silentium. Caught in the middle, the inhabitants of Aerimus were forever scarred. Contaminated by the effects of violent conflict, the inhabitants of Aerimus turned against each other, and in the raging abomination that was the Cremlevien War, they killed Aerimus. It was this that Cold Danda Sine had seen, and which had caused him such grief, for it was he who had brought the Abominor into being, who set off the very conditions that would lead to his offspring’s tragic demise.

Yet, in the passing of Aerimus, the sapient planet was able to bring to birth a seed into which his love and soul passed, and which in time grew into a mighty planet. But so grievous was the sin of his people in having murdered Aerimus that the midichlorians did something unusual and fled from their murderous hosts, who were thereafter stripped of the Force. Thus, were the Yuuzhan Vong born.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018