main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Hear hear.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    We're in for a long haul of no spoilers, so much so that I freely wander into the spoiler forum section. Episode IX has been shooting for awhile but like R1/Solo/TLJ it's not a very leaky ship so no need to be spoiler terrified folks, we are free and clear!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I just can't bring myself to go into that place. I have a direct link that goes into this particular forum, and I'm too much of a curmudgeon to change it now. I originally did it because spoilery thread titles were visible.
    What disturbs me is a relatively new trend where people on the Internet believe it's impossible to be online and not be spoiled by rumors before a movie comes out. The general thesis is, if you're wanting to avoid spoilers completely, you should shut off your Internet access! My response to such nonsense is: Every Star Wars film, starting with Episode III, I've watched without any spoilers, barely knowing the plot beyond the trailers and magazine stories. And y'know what? I've enjoyed every Star Wars film being spoiler free!

Darth Chuck Norris and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I'm with you. I don't care how far out and how little of spoilers may be out there much less be real, I'm avoiding the spoiler room like the plague. I go completely spoiler free for every Star Wars movie. I find the theater experience much more enjoyable. I enjoy prefer being surprised instead of already knowing what's going on.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  5. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Less than a year away and still spoiler free for Episode IX. The wait is killing me more than staying spoiler free.

6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Out of sheer boredom (impatience?) I have occasionally ventured to the SA forum. (I don't think the surprise of Yoda in TLJ can be topped, so I'm not AS worried about spoilers.) It doesn't feel like there's much of substance over there either. Some rumors and "leaks", but aside from "they will be on a planet with x kind of climate", there's nothing that's really super credible. I have a feeling we're all going into it spoiler free.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Until the world premiere a few days before release, and everything is suddenly out there. [face_plain]

8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh, for sure - but if you're online at that point, you're just asking to be spoiled anyway.

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You ain't wrong. :p

10. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    So far Solo has been the only film I was spoiled for by hearing of the Maul cameo even though I saw it pretty soon after release. It didn't affect the movie for me much though because I'd dismissed it as clickbait and was pleasantly surprised when he actually did show up.

11. Shannon Darklighter

Shannon Darklighter Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 11, 1999
    True. It is so hard to participate in any online SW community and not get spoiled in some way. I think that is a big part of why I disengage so much. That and I hate all the negative talk.

12. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    I've been quite spoiler free for all of the Disney-era films. Ep IX is actually the most I've ever visited the Spoiler Warning forums on here. I'm still neglecting to look too deeply into any spoilers that come from potentially credible sources. I will almost surely slow down in my lurking of those forums once we get a teaser and a title. That'd be enough to hold me over.

Still, the speculation of a lot of members in the discussion makes me very excited.

13. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    Like many here, I'm fine with the title, trailers, posters, casting announcements, etc. However, beyond that level, I'm going to try my best not to be spoiled this time. My personal analysis and speculation have led me to some fairly radical ideas as to where this all may be headed, and I'd like to go in as fresh as possible to see just how reality ends up aligning with my theories -- not to mention to cling to my illusions as long as possible, if I'm terribly wrong. :p

Sarge and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  14. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I've been following this same formula since before Episode III, and I've enjoyed every Star Wars movie that's been released since. I limit myself to three trailers, the obligatory magazine article, and official news.

Oh, and it's great to see this forum sorta active again, it's been a ghost town lately!

Iefan and TCF-1138 like this.
  15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Same here - been doing it that way since AOTC after being spoiled rotten by the fact that TPM came out three months later in Sweden than it did in the US.

Couldn't agree more. :)
    I bet we'll see more activity in here once there's something official to actually discuss.

16. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    All I want is the title. Other than that, no spoilers. I'm ok with some cast reveals. Such as with TFA. Knowing that the big 3 were returning wasn't really a spoiler for me because it made sense they would be continuing the saga. Otherwise, I want nothing.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    just saw some leaked images, mostly skimmed it, I'm okay with it because it'll be plastered all over the merch / trailers anyway

The Bops and Sard_Oola like this.
  18. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    To all diehards, it looks as though big news may have dropped, so start withdrawing into your shells now, if you are so inclined!

The Bops likes this.
  19. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Breaking news ! Paramount and Disney has reached an agreement for the appearance of the USS Enterprise and the USS Defiant in Star Wars, Episode 9 ! :D

Well, I wish it was true anyway.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    *Shudder*

Sarge likes this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Never cross the streams!

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I will be as Spoiler Free as I can be. (Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't know it.)

I have been since EpIII. I was full into spoilers for EpII, hell I modded the Spoiler Allowed forum here during the lead up to it. I looked at and read everything I could get my hands on. Hell, at one point I even got a copy of the script. I don't think it was the final shooting draft, but it was close. And while I had a hell of a lot fun in those months, it made my first viewing of EpII kind of lackluster. I liked the film, but I wasn't blown away by it. And I figured it was because I knew too much. I'd seen the Storyboards so I knew how much the Jango/Obi-Wan fight and the Jango/Windu fight had been cut down, I knew all the twists and turns of the movie.

So for EpIII I went in knowing as little as possible. I watched the trailers, and that was about it. I enjoyed seeing EpIII much more then I had EpII in the theater. So that's where I am know. I will watch the trailers, mostly because I can't avoid them. I see a lot of movies in the theaters and getting up and walking out of the theater and back in a little more hard core then I want my life to be. I don't watch much TV, so I can avoid all of the TV spots, and I've gotten good about avoiding things on the internet.

23. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Once Episode 9 has its official premiere, I'm avoiding the internet.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    99 44/100 % spoiler free

25. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    This will be wise advice. I mean, there's plenty to keep one occupied in the week or two in between the Official Premiere and Release Day. I'm glad spoilers have been locked down tight for...wha..wha..what's the title of this movie, besides Episode IX?