main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    This could certainly turn out interesting, but I thought Disney / LFL were out to let the past die, especially after Solo. I'm confused why a new series would focus on another dead character. I'm glad its not a movie, and there is always potential for TV, but I'm wondering if it might be too obscure for general audiences? I imagine those subscribing will be diehard fans, and geekdom does like OT era subjects, is that what they're betting on?

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is all that matters.

As far as who may be developing this, I posited elsewhere that Diego Luna is an accomplished director and producer as well as an actor so maybe he is steering it a bit.

3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, evidently not.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  4. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    So this must mean that a Solo sequel in the form of a TV series is a real possibility!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Diego Luna so far is the main cast member officially cast in the Prequel Rogue One Live Action Show.

Discussion away.

6. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Completely agree, brilliant for us Star Wars fans. I will be financially in debt to DISNEY now for a few more years to come.

Outsourced likes this.
  7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I think this show is a great example for "not everything will be for you." I was super excited about The Mandalorian. Seems like an excellent choice. I'll absolutely binge it on day one. This one made me groan out loud. Yeah, I know we're all supposed to drool over Rogue One, but I don't buy it - and Cassian was the least interesting character in the movie. (This is not to besmirch Diego Luna, who is a freaking treasure.) I'll be honest, I definitely had some knee-jerk unkind things to say on Twitter.

But ya know what? This is great. We have enough new Star Wars that you don't have to like it all. Sure, Rogue One was my least favorite Star Wars film, but The Last Jedi set a new high bar for me. I'm not into Resistance. (Like really, I can't even force myself to watch it - I've tried.) Rebels was amazing. I really don't like the Star Wars books. Some of the comics (looking at you, Dr. Aphra)? I can't imagine not getting those stories.

So yeah. I'll be a hard pass on this series (if they bring in Enfys Nest, someone needs to call me though.) But I'm happy for those of you who are excited. I'm sure we'll hear more about new movies AND TV shows that I am excited about and ones that I am not interested in in the very near future. What a time to be a fan!

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Could we get a little, "Lies! Deceptions!"?

9. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Honestly, that's a really healthy attitude to have. I don't agree, but to each his/her own.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    What a great series idea. Can’t wait for the “reprogramming of K-2SO” episode.

@Bor Mullet : Rogue One based series!

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I am cautiously optimistic. Sounds like this will be the next major between PT/OT content for the next few years, as there currently is nothing on screen for that era as of now.

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Isn't Cassian a Fulcrum agent? I can definitively another character appearing then.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Millie Bobby Brown as young Leia. That is all.

14. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    It does sound interesting. A Science-Fantasy espionage show

15. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Yes!! I've been reading Rebel Rising and Saw is such a great character. I can imagine a cameo where he's shown but never shares screen time with Cassian.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Hey why not.

17. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    That's just it though - I really think everyone needs to start getting this attitude. I could tell you all the reasons why I think this show is a bad idea, but why would I? If you're excited, why not just let you have it? More importantly, in order for Star Wars to grow and expand, there logically have to be stories that you couldn't be less interested in that really excite me, and vice versa. If Star Wars is for everyone, shouldn't there be a little piece of it for literally everyone?

18. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Sure like what you like,and just leave alone the stuff that doesn't work for you.

19. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    Isn't the origin allready a comic?

20. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Maybe they'll re-tell some of the comic within the show? They've already done something similar with the Shattered Empire comic and Battlefront 2 with Operation Cinder's attack on Naboo.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I was watching Rogue One just the other day, feeling a bit sad that we'd never get to see these characters on screen again. I mean, we won't see all of them, but an entire (limited I assume) series about Cassian, with Diego Luna back as the character? YES PLEASE!!!

22. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I haven't read that comic, but I would probably rather they ditch it, unless it's a really great outline for a story that could be expanded on in an exciting way. Actually I think the premier focusing on Cassian getting K2 would be a great way to start.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thread merged.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I was thinking they could have it as more of a flashback? I definitely don't want them to ditch it, because that seems pointless and wasteful.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  25. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Spying ..... Spying ..... hmmmm maybe they recanonlize a certain Red haired Emperor's Hand to keep secrets from the rebel scum

Alhazred and Darthur C. Clarke like this.