main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, coy bastards on the Star Wars show claiming there's no news this week. :p

But hey, more Cassian probably means more Draven, and possibly even Cracken. That'd be something.

2. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Respect your opinion, but I am the exact opposite. I found Cassian by far the most interesting new character in Rogue One.

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    24 meets Jack Ryan meets Star Wars? sign me up. hoping we get to see many of the rebel leadership we saw in Rogue One: Dodonna, Draven, Bandwin Cor, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma.

4. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Why not a tv series pre- TPM? Or between Episode I and II?
    No Luke Skywalker tv series between ROTJ and TFA?
    What about a Darth Sidious Trilogy set during his prime.?(30 years before TPM)
    Qui-Gon trilogy?
    Darth Vader trilogy?

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would not be surprised at all if Lucasfilm has pivoted the Anthology series to TV instead of theatrical films and that both this and The Mandalorian fall under the "Star Wars Story" moniker. The Mandalorian: A Star Wars Story... Cassian: A Star Wars Story...

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Every episode starts with Mon Mothma.
    "Agent Andor, I have a mission for you."
    And a big hologram lights up...

7. SunnyNelson

SunnyNelson Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2013
    Too many notes. And too many sidebars.

How about a series, or something, that tells us who the bloody hell Snoke was?

V-2 likes this.
  8. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    There is a god. Stoked for this.

Bor Mullet and GregMcP like this.
  9. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Hey, to each their own. He just didn't do it for me. But I'm glad this shows they're willing to throw some money into doing some existing character shows as well, and hope the next one they announce will be more my speed. And that this is good, and managed to turn me around on it. Since I do like the idea of having a Rebel spy show.

Miles Lodson likes this.
  10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Hopefully they really get into all of that morally shady/iffy stuff that he claimed that he's done on behalf of the Rebellion.

avcpl likes this.
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    This show will be about how Fulcrum agents gain their intel. We probably won't see the Alliance, becuase that only comes about briefly before Cassian's death on Scariff. Hopefully they can get Jimmy Smits to reprise Bail.

AhsokaSolo and GregMcP like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Space Jimmy Smits. Absolutely.
    ➡️ Ben Mendelssohn ⬅️

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  13. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Just buy shares in Disney. I did when TFA was announced. Doubled in price/value now!

SunnyNelson likes this.
  14. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    He could be Space Jack Bauer essentially or something, that'd be different for this franchise and this is the right medium to experiment in imo.

mattman8907 likes this.
  15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    If wonder how these tv shows are gonna work full term. Are they gonna be one off 10 episode series before moving on to another characters? Or are they gonna be shows that allow more then.one season?

16. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Nice, he was the most interesting character in the movie, even if they didn't expand on him as much as they could have. I'm also willing to bet he'll meet K2-SO in this series.

Anyone wanna start guessing what other characters will have their own shows?

Miles Lodson likes this.
  17. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Finger's crossed for Dr. Aphra. Or Rae Sloane.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm guessing one season each. The Mandalorian started filming this year and will be released next year while Cassian will begin filming next year for what I assume will be a 2020 release. So we get a new season each year focused on a different character or set of characters and I'd bet a lot of space bucks they'll fall under the "A Star Wars Story" banner.

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I can't help thinking how much more excited I would be if this was about Kyle Katarn. Force EA to make a proper video game for once (like the new Doom and Wolfenstein games) to complement it.

Ithorians likes this.
  20. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I think I might. I wonder if I might get a slight discount too on the streaming service? But I guess in these exciting times, it doesn't pay to have short arms and long pockets. Too much

21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    As someone who disliked Rogue One, I am pretty hyped for this. I wonder if we will get flashbacks/more context to his role as a child soldier during the Clone Wars.

Jedi Knight Fett and revan772 like this.
  22. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Hell yeah! I loved Cassian, so this is awesome news for me.

Bor Mullet and Avnar like this.
  23. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It would be nice to see Jimmy Smitts again. Bring him back for an episode or two.

I don't really the difference between how they profit with streaming compared to how they profit with movies. but it would be interesting to see how far they go with these shows. like will Solo get a sequel series on the streaming service. or Obi Wan? how are they deciding what gets made into movies and what goes on the streaming service?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    So much for slowing down on movies but not tv. Welcome to the future of star wars tv. [face_dancing][face_party]

I hope to see more Darth Vader action and charcter development ^:)^[face_praying]:eek:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    My guess would be that they've decided (at least for now) to reserve the big screen for epic saga storytelling and tell the smaller scale stories on TV where they don't have to invest blockbuster money into them. Anthology storytelling on TV has been pretty successful recently too so I think it makes a lot of sense to pivot the Anthology movie series to the smaller screen. We get more of them since it's a new season every year instead of a new movie every two years and they don't need to make a billion each to be successful. It's a win-win for everyone!

black_saber, ChrisLyne and cwustudent like this.