main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Plot Bunny Donation and Index Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Plot Bunny Sock, Apr 30, 2015.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Inspirations are my daily work, some parents who do love their kids, Anna from "Frozen" (2015), my SW "Rouge One" Disney comic by Igor Chimisso, Matteo Piana, Stefano Simeone, Davide Turotti, Kawauu Creative Studios and others (2018), the children book "Tell me one thing, dad" by Tom Pow and illustrated by Ian Andrew (2004) plus the Galactic Atlas done by Tim McDonagh (2017).

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    When Luke and Mara go to investigate the possibility of Thrawn having a clone, they arrive too late: Thrawn's clone is already awake and waiting for them.

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Oh, oh, oh...I have ideas! :eek:

teamhansolo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I was listening to a Reylo podcast and apparently people came out of TLJ convinced that Rey was/get pregnant from the hand touch thingy.

Of course that’s not how biology or the Force works; at least I’m pretty sure that’s not how either work.

However, it gave rise to a cracky plot bunny: Shmi got pregnant with Anakin after touching hands with some male Force User via a Force Connection Vision which is why she can’t explain how it happened.

Sent from my iPod touch from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    GregMcP and Sith-I-5 like this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    By time I got two thirds the way through this, I thought this was legitimate plot bunny fare, both for Star Wars and NSWFF.

Ewok Poet and Tarsier like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is...just.I have no idea. [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Charlemagne19 likes this.
  8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    BOR GULLET!

teamhansolo likes this.
  9. Wannabe Scholar

Wannabe Scholar Jedi Knight

Mar 21, 2014
    Late as I am, I'm willing to give it a go.

*cracks fingers*

1. Rebel Nature (Saga-OT) - A SW Rebels AU in which Ezra ended up taking Palpatine’s offer at the show’s finale and saved his parents, changing a lot of things. In this new life, he finds himself dreaming of his old life (which he doesn't fully remember) and those dreams lead him to (re-)discover the crew of the Ghost when the Empire suddenly arrives on Lothal. However, as he goes on adventures, Ezra learns the galaxy is a bit different as he learns that him changing the past caused ripples throughout history, and he is in a universe that mixes both Disney and Legends together (think something like Flashpoint Paradox).

2. Mother May I (Legends-Before the Saga) - A story focused on the relationship between the Outlander (either Jedi/Sith is fine) and Senya during the events of SW:TOR Knights of the Fallen Empire. Senya, in her pursuit to redeem the terrible actions of her son and daughter, she finds herself becoming a mother to the Outlander who never even had parents to begin with (and this can apply to any version-Jedi/Sith/Smuggler/Imp/Soldier/etc.).

3. Escape from Raxus Prime (Legends-Beyond the Saga) - A small story used as an attempt to put the story of Disney's ST in the setting of SW Legends. Taking place after 50 ABY, a young soldier of the GFFA named Skyler deserts his platoon after they massacre of group of Corellians who were believed to be rebels. The mystery behind the deaths surrounds a spy droid under Jaina Solo-Fel, who was sent to find a clue to the missing Luke Skywalker's whereabouts. The droid has come across a young Vong loner named Rayn, who keeps to herself as everyone treats her as a monster. When Rayn and Skyler find each other, it's up to both of them to find a way off the junk world of Raxus and deliver the droid to Jaina Solo-Fel before they're discovered by Skyler's platoon, led by a corrupted Jedi with crimson skin.

4. Last of the Old (Saga-OT AU) - When Emperor Palpatine died, it was believed that the Sith were gone. However, soon after Endor, Luke Skywalker's dreams of a little girl crying leads him to the ancient Sith homeworld of Korriban, where he finds that girl. He, the last of the old Jedi, the takes in the girl, last of the Pureblooded Sith, and raises her to be a strong and wise woman.

That's it for now. Several more to come in the future, for sure.

PCCViking and Findswoman like this.
  10. Wannabe Scholar

Mar 21, 2014
    Aaaaand I'm back, and with more plot bunnies:

5. Knights of the New Republic (Beyond the Saga-Legends) - A write-your-own-adventure-style with a 2nd POV story following the main character (MC) as he/she, on a mission for the New Republic, is captured by the Pureblooded Sith hiding in the Unknown Regions. The MC escapes thanks to Jaden Korr, the Jedi who came along with him/her. Jaden, sensing the Sith approaching, hands MC his saber and instructs to show the saber to the New Republic authorities, and Jaden is soon killed after the MC is thrusted into an escape pod. From there, the MC tries to gather allies and trains in the Force to stop the Sith.

6. The Ongoing War (Saga) - An AU where the infamous Jedi-Sith conflict from millennia before the movies keep going instead of ending like they did (with the Sith's 'destruction') and leading up to the events of the movies. This would continue to the time of the OT era, which turns out to be a different place and the Empire rises in the middle of the ever-lasting struggle between light and dark, and our heroes-Luke, Han, and Leia-must find a way to end this conflict and restore peace to the galaxy.

7. The Prequel Trilogy Infinities (Saga) - Following the same idea of the Star Wars Infinities, this tells the story of What-if? For Episode 1, "what if Obi-Wan had gone out to investigate Tatooine and his master remained on the ship?" and this action would have Obi-Wan encounter Anakin only to drop him and leave him on Tatooine, allowing the boy to be taken by Maul. For Episode 2, "what if Padme has been injured in the initial assassination attempt seen at the beginning?," which leads to Anakin going on the warpath and hunting down the assassin for revenge of the woman whom he remembered from his childhood. For Episode 3, "what if Anakin wasn't able to maneuver Grievous' ship in its crash?" and the destruction in its wake would place the blame on the Jedi Order, who would in turn demote Anakin. Each of these changes would eventually lead to the same result with Palpatine taking over the Republic and having Anakin at his side (just as the Infinities comics did the same for the OT).

8. The Hand's Judgment (Saga-OT) - An idea I had for Rebels back in its early days. The idea was for our heroes to follow rumors of a Jedi, leading to discovering said Jedi on a planet. The villains chasing after our heroes are told not to interfere, by order of the emperor himself, and so they wait and watch the rebels, specifically Ezra as he meets and befriends a fiery-haired girl around his age named Arica. Ezra takes Arica to the Jedi, and when the Imperials finally attack on the emperor's orders, the Jedi is separated and mysteriously killed, forcing our heroes to escape. When Arica is brought aboard the Star Destroyer, she demands to be free and is, to the confusion and surprise of the lower-ranked Imperials. The head villain (at the time, I imagined it to be the Grand Inquisitor) talks with Arica in private, and Arica speaks of killing the Jedi, presenting the saber as proof. Then, Arica leaves, donning black suit and saying, "The emperor's will must be done. I am his Hand to do it."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  11. Wannabe Scholar

Mar 21, 2014
    9. Of Pasts Mistakes and Future Visions (Before the Saga - Legends) - An Old Republic story from before the rise of the Sith that centers around a young Jedi is living through the years leading up to the Hundred-Year Darkness and must deal with the actions of his "predecessors," other humans who led an anti-alien Pius Dea crusades centuries prior and caused extreme friction between humans and aliens that they Jedi are left to mitigate. While quelling the rise of anti-human activity from a non-human-centered organization, this young Jedi comes across an agent of that organization, a female alien who serves as his rival and love interest as he tries and fails to convince her to step away from this path of vengeance. This young Jedi has visions of the Chosen One, which is apparently one of many as others before have had similar visions like Rur and even Xendor. Ultimately, the young Jedi reluctantly comes to blows with the alien woman, winning, yet he sacrifices himself by pushing the alien woman into another ship and piloting the damaged enemy flagship into hyperspace before it could detonate over Coruscant and release a poison that would have killed the human population.

10. A War for Eternity (Saga-PT, Before the Saga-Legends) - The Eternal Empire, prior to the events of Knights of the Fallen Empire, find themselves almost 4000 years later, in the events of the Clone Wars. So Anakin, Obi-Wan, the exiled Ahsoka, the entire Jedi Order, and Republic try to deal with the third party led by the temporally displaced Emperor Valkorian and his family consisting of the scarred and robot Arcann, the still-living Thexan, and the always-crazed Vaylin. The ultimate outcome is as the same as in the PT: the Jedi are destroyed and Palpatine assumes absolute authority over the galaxy with Anakin at his side, but the way it reaches that conclusion can differ (e.g. Palpatine reveals himself to the Jedi in order to take down the Eternal Empire, Anakin replaces his prosthetic with a robot arm he salved from a droid in the Eternal Fleet, etc.). A few things to note: This would be the Eternal Empire of Legends crossing into the Disney-verse, so many of the TCW characters wouldn't recognize the Eternal Empire in their history, and others like Valkorian would be confused as to why the history and philosophy of the Jedi and Sith are so different from the ones he remebered; this distinction can help bring in other characters, like Thrawn, the Bendu/Mortis Gods, and so on. Also, Thexan and Senya of the Eternal Empire would join our heroes and both would find some connection to Anakin, especially for the latter as Anakin lost his mother during AotC.

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    A good variation of this would be a story where she is impossible to convert and where it turns out that he raised himself a foil. So many possibilities for deception.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Something has the ability to impregnate through holding hands, and seems to be fairly prolific about it.

It has to be tracked down and stopped.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Do you understand that you just made me realise that I'm pregnant and that I've been pregnant since late April? :eek:

Hello, baby momma payments... [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

#badjoke

Lady_Misty likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    #jokewasn'tthatbad

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. EmuBay

EmuBay Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2017
    Plot idea: Emperor Palpatine finally has enough of his apprentice's blunders and disposes of him. But rather than become One With the Force, a confused Darth Vader finds himself back on Tatooine, circa 22 BBY -- mere days before the commencement of the all-consuming Clone Wars, and his downtime self's fall to darkness.A third Sith Lord has appeared on the galaxy's radar...and his wrath shall be felt by all.

17. Wannabe Scholar

Mar 21, 2014
    More ideas I have (continuing off my last entry):

11. The Founders (Before the Saga - Legends) - A redo of my old "Force Wars" story I made on the site about four years ago (yeesh, has it been that long?!), which would be through the eyes of the Jedi Order's four founders as they live through the conflict between the light (Ashla) and dark (Bogan). This story would be split into four parts, each for the following-and going in this specific order-Cala Brin (the Tainted One, a former dark disciple of the Sons of Bogan who defected), Garon Jard (the Beacon of Light, a leading member of the lightsiders who oppose the Sons of Bogan), Ters Sendon (the Uniter, who brought the undecided Force followers towards the side of the light), and Rajivari (the Old Shadow, an old master of the now-fractured Je'daii Order who seeks to keep balance between light and dark, unaware of being affected by the latter).

12. Masks and Messages of Revolutions (Before the Saga - Legends, Saga - OT) - Based on a couple pictures on deviantart and the descriptions given to them, this is the typical story of the temporal-displaced Revan and the Jedi Exile within the movies timeline, specifically within SW: Rebels. While the Exile has been captured by the Empire and used as a means to siphon the Force energy of Jedi prisoners, Revan has built his own rebel cell and groups with Phoenix Squadron to free his old general. If needed, this can be a sequel to the other idea I mentioned, War for Eternity, that has the Eternal Empire appear in CW.

13. New Republic Tales (Saga - ST) - My assumption of what the new SW cartoon would be before I heard about Resistance. Animated similar to something by Tartakovsky (the guy behind the 2003 CW mini-series), it would take place in the years leading up to the destruction of Luke's Jedi Order (and this was made thought of before TLJ came out). The main cast would include: Liam Chiron, a young boy who ran away from home to join the Jedi; Vima, Liam's mentor figure and a (former?) student of Skywalker; Gav Rennek, a former who defected to the New Republic after the Empire was destroyed; Kar’Baz Annek, a Zabrak technician who has a rivalry with the ex-Stormtrooper and is a believer of the Force; and KT-80, the adventure-seeking droid that relates itself to Liam to the point of befriending the boy. Their adventures would include investigating rumors about the rising First Order and Acolytes of the Beyond (introduced in the Aftermath trilogy as precursors to the Knights of Ren), while Luke would be shown training Ben off-screen and only appear once in a while.

18. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Write a story based on this quote from a defense expert in This Is why the Pentagon Could Never Build a Death Star:
    “I think delays in initial operational capability for the death ray would yield a Death Star with a functional tractor beam but no combat function and it would end up as high powered vacuum repurposed for the cleanup of space junk,”

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    More a scene bunny the a plot one: a non-human saying something like “you humans all look* the same” to two or more humans who are not alike in appearance.
    * could be smell, sound or some other senses

Bonus points if one of humans spoken to/about is a near-human with eyes, skin colour or similar that don't appear in RL

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I can picture Bossk saying that to Han and Lando. They would just roll their eyes. :p

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Playing with scent as a fundamental piece of a characters view of their environment can be fun.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. Wannabe Scholar

Mar 21, 2014
    Going off my last list of ideas:

14. Doppelgangers (Before the Saga - Legends) - In another retelling of Knights of the Old Republic, the Jedi Council send a number of Jedi and other Force-sensitive recruits who use Revan’s name to cover the actions of the real Revan searching for the Star Forge. This explores the several faces Revan has in the original game by Bioware and can play with the idea of Revan being male/female since the real Revan wouldn’t make an appearance.

15. The Beyond Trilogy (Beyond the Saga) - A trilogy surrounding the Unknown Regions (like Rian Johnson's supposed trilogy and I believe it can work whether or not it happens). This trilogy can happen after the sequels (let's say ten or twenty years after ep 9) and would explore the supposed "origin of the Dark Side" (explored in the Aftermath books), or Force nexi in the Unknown Regions that open up portals into time (seen in Rebels and in the recent Vader comics). Personally, I would have that trilogy start out with a female Chiss character who is strong in the Force and somehow ends up in Known Space. She then tries to find a way back while getting entangled in the politics of a galaxy trying to heal in the aftermath of the SW sequels. This can open up situations of language barriers and culture clashes that we haven't seen that much in the movies, and if needed, it can give everyone a proper (re)introduction to Thrawn who could act against our heroine and her allies and/or reluctantly side with them. This could also allow Luke to come back as he could guide the heroine throughout her troubles, like how Old Ben did for him for in the OT (which may redeem his character from TLJ, if only a little).

16. Prodigal Sons (Saga - PT, Saga - OT, Saga - ST, Before the Saga - Legends) - A story of Anakin Skywalker and the redeemed Darth Revan, both Force Ghosts, who appear to Kylo Ren to sway from the Dark Side, showing the Master of the Knights of Ren, the effects of the Dark Side and the echoes that their actions has left behind on the galaxy.

17. The Time-traveling Jedi (Saga - PT, Saga - OT, Saga - ST, Before the Saga - Legends, Beyond the Saga - Legends) - Inspired by the recent Darth Vader comic, it begins with a Jedi in the Clone Wars (man/woman/alien) falling into a nexus of the Force, only to be flung into galaxies familiar and unfamiliar at the same time, where futures are ever-changing and the pasts remain intertwined with one another. Hopping between moments of different eras and meeting familiar characters from the stuff of legends to giants of history, this Jedi can only wonder if their sanity remains.

18. The Third Order (Before the Saga - Legends) - Before the release of TFA, I had this idea inspired by Apsis Motion Pictures' "INVERSIONS" fanfilms. This is a tale during the New Sith Wars, of a Jedi and Sith befriending one another as they're forced to work together and investigate the inner-workings of a secret "third order" of Force users that make both light and dark side users fear so greatly.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. Wannabe Scholar

Mar 21, 2014
    Continuing from my last list:

19. Knights of Republics Old and New (Before the Saga - Legends, Beyond the Saga - Beyond) - A cross between Tales of the Jedi, KotOR and the New Republic era. In the early days of the Jedi Praxeum, Luke Skywalker’s first students (Streen, Cilghal, Tionne, Kyp, Dorsk 81, Corran Horn, Kirana Ti, Kam) as they go on missions when they’re suddenly drawn into a mystery surrounding those of the Sunrider line, specifically the ancient Vima Da-Boda. As they investigate, the story intercuts with Jedi Knight Vima Sunrider from 4000 years as she lives through the struggles of the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Civil War, and what follows.

20. The Perfect Sculpture (Before the Saga) - This follows the tale of the Sith Lord Momin (from the recent Darth Vader comics), told through the accounts and perspectives of others who encountered him. This would include his question for power and his search for ‘the perfect gift to the Dark Side’ that was mentioned in the Vader comics, and his story would end with his supposed end.

21. The Epic Continues (Beyond the Saga - Legends) - Based on the rejected SW toyline from Kenner (and was in the 1980s) which was meant to focus after Return of the Jedi. A shadow of the Clone Wars has returned from the Unknown Regions and seeks to conquer the galaxy in the aftermath of Palpatine’s death. A cloner, Atha Prime, leads a group of his personal army of cloned soldiers against the Rebel Alliance and the fractured Empire, leaving our heroes to try and stop Atha Prime from rampaging across the galaxy.

22. Shadow of the Sceptre (Beyond the Saga - Legends) - Based on the Dark-Side ending of the videogame Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, this story follows the fallen Jedi Jaden Korr who is being corrupted by the Sceptre of Marka Ragnos he/she possesses while being pursued by Jedi Knight Kyle Katarn who is trying to redeem his old student as hard as he can.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    - Have the Sith form at the same time as the Jedi. Make both offshoots of a "balanced" order. Also have Darth Bane be among the founding members of the Sith and have the Banite lineage continue unbroken for 25,000 years. Have every Sith starting with Bane and ending with the last Sith known to the Jedi before TPM have a tomb on Moraband.

- Develop the universe that Tom Veitch envisioned before KJA joined TOTJ. Develop Veitch's vision for the Sith, the Jedi, the Republic, etc.

- Explore the idea that Korriban was actually a colony of a far more ancient and powerful empire of the Sith species. Bonus points if you replace the Rakata and the Vong with the pre-Korriban Sith species.

- Elaborate upon Sidious's connection to the Korriban Dark Lords that's revealed in Empire's End. Particularly intriguing to me is that Sidious says to them, "Your spirits guided me back to this life when I was destroyed by Vader." I also wonder what would have happened if Sidious accepted their offer to join them.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Wannabe Scholar likes this.
  25. Wannabe Scholar

Mar 21, 2014
    Going off my previous list...

23. The Clone Wars: The Belated Media version (Saga - PT) - In line with Belated Media’s “What ifs” that retold the PT, this would retell TCW in the continuity of those videos (as the actual TCW wouldn't fall in line with Belated Media’s continuity). However, it would be more like in its rough drafts and Rebels, following the adventures of a small group of other characters, while the “movie characters” (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, etc.) would be sidelined (although they would show up in the beginning to ease the audience into the story). The main villain would be a crazed Jedi under General Grievous, something like Aurra Sing from Legends-who’s a ex-Jedi-or Ventress (not both though as they fall under the crazed-Jedi-killer-with-Force-powers archetype).

24. Knights of the Imperium (Saga - PT, Saga - OT, Saga - ST, Saga - Legends) - A slight retelling of the SW Saga with a new twist. The old war between the Jedi and Sith ended with the destruction of both, leaving nothing more than relics and myth to the rest of the galaxy. The thousand-year-old Galactic Imperium, risen from the ashes of the Old Republic, faces a number of issues of rebellion, rogue Force wielders, and the re-emergence of the Jedi Order. While the actual SW showed the typical Republic-good and Empire-bad, I am interested if the flip-side could be done, with the Empire being benevolent and long-lasting while the Republic or sympathizers of democratic governments would end up being the bad guys (in the case of the latter, think something more like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, if you’re familiar with that). This would also give a different perspective of Force-wielders who would either be seen in a more religious, passive role than as active guardians (Jedi) or conquerors and madmen (Sith).

25. Tech Wizards (Saga - ST, Beyond the Saga - Legends) - In the mission to Myrkr, Anakin Solo was thought to have fallen to the overwhelming Vong. However, the Force had other plans, as the young Solo finds himself not on Myrkr, but on a desert planet-not Tatooine-and caring for a young orphan scavenger named Rey in the hollow remains of an AT-AT, teaching her how to tinker with mechanics and with the Force…

26. Only the Force (Saga - ST, Beyond the Saga - Legends) - A fic that says “SCREW YOU!” to the notion of the Force being split into only light and dark (as I never really saw that in the OT and am tired of seeing it being in SW media, especially with its inclusion in the sequel trilogy). This would focus on post-RotJ Luke training his pupils, which include Ben Solo among Leia’s and his own children. Fearing for the growing darkness in his nephew, he seeks alternate perspectives into the Force and implements them to sway Ben from the Dark Side, and his new teachings begin to take a new turn as his students become a new kind of Jedi that helps a galaxy that fears them of becoming a new Vader. This would allow for ancient Jedi to appear as Force spirits while Sith would appear through holocrons and imprints left on Sith artifacts (as seen with Sith possession in the new Darth Vader comics), as well as explore different groups who believe and/or use the Force.