main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Chicago Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, May 28, 2018.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I really hope we get the solo crew to come. Same with some of the R1 crew. i really missed my shot with the London con I'm afraid.

KyloSpence likes this.
  2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Christie may be busy with Game of Thrones press.

3. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    Never know. She just did RICC

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, but RICC didn't occur at the same time as the release of the final season of Game of Thrones.

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  6. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    The first guest announcement is away ! I didn't expect them to start yet, so this is cool.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I still don't expect actor announcements until after the start of next year, but it's nice to see them give us something. I'm surprised they didn't wait to announce it with the Star Wars Show.

8. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon Jedi Knight

May 25, 2016
    Yea, they're announcing hosts and guest(s) ahead of schedule, compared to Orlando. Not the biggest name of course, but it's nice to see that they're lining up guests this early!

9. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    When did Auotgraph tickets go up for sale for Orlando?

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    First wave of guests was 2/8. Tickets went up as guests were announced.

11. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Do you remember if they gave any warning that autograph or photo tickets were going to be available for purchase in advance? Could anyone buy tickets or did you have to be logged in or give an id # to buy?

12. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    They were available before availability was officially announced. You didn’t need ticket credentials. The problem was you had to pick a time before the schedule was released. Caused a lot of problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Anyone could buy them (of course, you need a badge to redeem it). They typically updated the site at 3:00 PM ET with an announcement shortly after (usually on The Star Wars Show) if it was a Wednesday. You picked which day you wanted (times weren't released until closer to the event). That caused some issues when Hayden's photo op was at the same time as TLJ panel, but when they added a second day for him, you could switch days if you contacted them.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  14. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Thanks, I could imagine that would be a problem! I will be trying to get some tickets this year for the first time but worried they might announce ticket availabilty while I am at work which would make it difficult to get tickets due to limited internet and phone access

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    For most guests, you were fine getting them some time the day they went on sale. Hayden was the only one you really had to act fast on. Mark had some days fill up fast, but i think it took about a week for all days to sell out.

16. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Not super excited about the tickets going up whenever. Hopefully they hold off till February again. I don't have a whole lot saved at the moment to splurge randomly on tickets.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, it adds up quickly. I spent over $600 in Orlando to meet four people...

18. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    But were they worth it? ;p

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I don't have any regrets.

20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Who'd you get?

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Mark, Hayden, Felicity, Tudyk (got Eckstein for free)

I've gotten Billy Dee, Bulloch, Mayhew, McDiarmid, Grunberg and Julian Glover at other cons.

Gamma626 likes this.
  22. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    So basically you got my top wants. Way to rub it in!

Seriously though, how was the experience? Personalization? Rushed via staff? I've heard varying thoughts on how the signings were handled.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I prefer getting photos, which isn't ideal at Celebration (although it doesn't eat up as much time as autos). At smaller cons, you can usually get a pic with your own camera at the autograph table and get more of an interaction with the celeb. With the big names though, they are going to rush you through whatever you do. At a lot of cons, their manager will as if you want a personalization and write your name on a post it note to speed things along.

I was the first one to get Mark (I had VIP, so I was able to steal a few extra seconds with him). I asked him if he could give a big Joker-ish smile and he was happy to oblige. Hayden was awesome and you could tell how humbled he was by the love. Felicity was polite, but soft spoken. I think she can been kind of shy. Watch the cast interviews from RO and she really only talks when asked a question directly, even though she was the lead. Tudyk was exactly as cool as you would expect.

Grunberg hasn't done Celebration before, but is a super nice guy if you ever get the chance. I got talk to him for a couple minutes.

Gamma626 likes this.
  24. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    And don't hesitate. Usually the sale of autograph and photo op tickets comes in conjunction with the announcement that that actor will appear. They won't announce an appearance, and then a week later autograph/photo-op tickets go on sale for them. It's usually the day of.

As for the big name people, right when they go on sale, you can basically see time slots eliminated in real time as people buy them. Literally refresh the page every few minutes and the available time slots will change from the last time you did it. Just do not hesitate. Especially for the big names who rarely make appearances, best example would be Hayden last time around. And if I'm not mistaken, I think Mark got sold out within a few days. I remember the day I bought my tickets for him I had to kind of make a decision after seeing so many time slots get eliminated within a couple of hours after the announcement. He's another one that nowadays is going to be particularly in high demand, even more than normal, given the obvious aging factor and what happened with another one of our beloved SW actors.

Another thing I hope doesn't happen is when an actor is announced, there will be a big rush to buy autograph and photo op tickets for the one or two days they might appear. But then they'll see that demand, and I don't know, I guess convince the actor to do more days, and suddenly more days and time slots will appear. That irritated a lot of people last year who bought tickets for the one day Hayden was initially available, and then they went and announced him for more days. I remember reading them even having to establish a process for people who bought that one day, but then wanted to exchange it for a different day when more days were announced.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    The bad part about GOT being announced to come out in April 2019 today is that it makes me nervous that Emilia and Gwendoline won’t be able to go to Celebration due to GOT promo tour. Though, who knows, they may be both in the US for it and able to squeeze a few days in at Celebration but that’s me being hopeful.