main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto

Darth Chiznuk and heels1785 like this.
  2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Daylight come and we wanna go home.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Ah, so the same reason it was imperative to support HRC in the primaries: she was the only one who could Stop Trump. I thought there might be something that actually distinguishes him from Generic Democrat.

No one likes Ted Cruz and O'Rourke still lost. I don't see how that bodes well for a hypothetical national contest against another guy almost no one likes. Might as well nominate Gil Cisneros, the Democratic candidate who managed to lose a district HRC won in 2016-- but he came really close, you guys!

To me it doesn't seem as though the Dems will get their **** together enough to prevail in 2020. Their most popular potential nominee is a socdem who will be pushing 80 and is not even a "real" Democrat.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I’m surprised you have not heard the song, @Darth Guy

5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    The dude from Super Castlevania IV for the SNES. He was cool. Or Bowser. I could go for him.

EECHUUTA, Rew and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    As long as it's not freaking Bloomberg.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Ugh... you guys think I would have created this thread this time? I'd rather keep the toxicity all contained under the US Politics thread :p

I don't know who's best, I don't have a favorite, I don't know who I'm supporting. And if that changes, I doubt I'm going to get as committed to a candidate again.

That being said, I think Harris has the best potential to unite the big camps within the party. We'll see if that plays out. Big doubts on how she'll be under the spotlight, both in performance and on substance with past decisions on criminal justice.

I just really don't like Booker. And while I like Biden, I think that would lead to disaster. Sanders is fine, like I said in 2016.

Darth Punk likes this.
  8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    work all night on a drink of rum :p

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Where's the Oprah/Rock ticket?

Just two more years until we know who wins! YAY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You and I both know he's not making it out of the South. Neither he, nor Cuomo, will be in it by the time the NY Primary rolls around unless they move it again. Even then, even money Cuomo at least doesn't win New York's primary...

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto Beto

Diggy likes this.
  12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    More like BETA rite.

13. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    While i assume your joking (Id vote for you), having a highly respected M.D. in oval office could do a whole lot of good nationwide.

Science acceptance instead of denial, actual opiod crises response, GMO explanations that dont scare people, working towards universal healthcare, better in depth sex education for public and private schools, better explanations of reasons for medical necessity of abortions and reopening of clinics a la planned parenthood that have been shut down. Unshackling of Dr hands to perform said procedure without backlash. Tackling obesity epidemic. Pushing congress to cover previously existing conditions as law without the chance of it being repealed.

Our luck it would end up being the one Dr. that thinks jesus heals all so just pray.

Or the guy who owns majority of the practice im at, who sees patients in pain as nothing but a dollar sign. Thank the flying spaghetti monster hes only 1 out of 5 owners.

Rew, unicorn, Runjedirun and 4 others like this.
  14. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    ^ Thank you for this.

I’m half-joking. I’m also wiped out from a busy day at the hospital (and my kids are driving me nuts, but in a good way) so I’ll post my platform tomorrow.

Stay tuned ;).

15. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    No need to wait. There is not a person alive that can beat Donald Trump. That includes Barack Obama. Trump is a political savant and he WILL be reelected.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You mean the guy who could barely beat one of the least popular candidates in recent memory? Yes, definitely a savant. :rolleyes:

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    People are fond of pointing out Lincoln lost his Senate race before winning the Presidency which... shows a staggering lack of understanding of modern politics.

I'm actually more bullish on Beto as a presence than others are, but there's very little chance he survives a primary fight -- especially if Bernie's in it -- but I like his chances as a VP candidate potentially.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What a shock. You’re a little short [face_plain]

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was actually talking about Trump with that post not Beto. I would prefer Beto as a VP with either Warren or Harris at the top of the ticket though.

unicorn likes this.
  20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I thought this entire running joke was stupid. Until this post which for some reason made me laugh out loud. You win the joke.

starfish likes this.
  21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    You may have missed the part where I said Harris for President and Beto as VP. VP picks are always strategic.

Harris checks all the boxes: Smart, tough, experience(but not too much), a strong record to run on, can hold her own in a debate with Trump easily, young, female, African American, liberal but not too far to the left of center either.

She's as close as we get to Michelle Obama or a third term of Barack. She isn't too old (Biden and Bernie), she isn't too controversial (Warren's ancestry) and she isn't as nakedly political as others (Booker). She also isn't as splashy, but when given a chance, she has the ability to stand out and draw crowds (her grilling of Sessions). In many ways, she is Trump's worse nightmare for a re-election. And Beto in a debate with Pence would also not go too well for Mike. So he helps there.

All that said, it's still two years out and a lot can change.

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Mayor Pete (Buttigieg)!!
    Okay, maybe in 2024 if Dems don't win in 2020. But I think he might run just to get his name out there. He's been showing all the signs: speeches at bigger events not in his state, more mainstream interviews (like this one in Rolling Stone) and he's got a book that comes out in February.

But Harris is probably my top choice of the current people we think might run. I love Warren but I want her to stay exactly where she is. Biden and Bernie are a no from me. I mean, if it came down to Trump or them, of course I'd go for them, but I don't see how that happens. I don't know enough about Beto -other than I wanted him to win against Cruz- to have an opinion yet.

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I second Beto O'Rourke being nothing special. Tammy Duckworth 2020. Once you've had a president with no legs you'll never go back.

DarthIntegral and Vaderize03 like this.
  24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Jabba-wocky, please get off of Rogue's account.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    You aren't wrong. Tammy Duckworth could probably kick Trump's ass even without legs.

And her nickname for him would likely agitate him something fierce because any nickname he comes up with for her is now going after a wounded veteran and mother. Not that Trump can't find a way to sink that low, but it may not play well to what women are left in his base.

I just get the impression however that Tammy wants to stay in the Senate or get a VP or Cabinet post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.