main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love to see more u-wings and and death troppers. maybe we could see new shps aswell.

GregMcP likes this.
  2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It would answer the question "how did Saw tangle with Vader and live to tell the tale"?

TadoFett and GregMcP like this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    U Wings are definitely a solid part of the Rogue One universe.

Snoke... I genuinely feel that he does not fit into this. He is the wrong style, if you like. He's not Grunge Star Wars.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    What about the other leg? How'd he lose that one? He was missing an arm too iirc.

If Snoke was a Blackhole like character then he fits perfectly.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If there is post-ST content in the works, I doubt they would announce it before concluding the ST with IX. So it makes a lot of sense that in the meantime, they’re fleshing out the past with cool new stories/ genres. Plus, they may be focusing film content on the future, and TV context on the past/ moving sideways. Something for everyone. This is great news for everyone, I think, as it demonstrates variety. Though for those itching for Old Republic stuff, they have yet to be satiated.

Agreed 100%. Too cartoonish, IMO.

6. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    No, Saw had both his hands on Jedha, one was in a sleeve/glove I think. I can never tell if he had two metal legs though. That one shot of him walking isn't very clear. His 3 3/4 figure has only one metal leg.

I hope to see more Partisans in this tv series, maybe before Saw split from the Alliance. It'd be cool for Cassian to get caught up in Gerrera's 'militancy'

Darkslayer, TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    good point I saw raised that Cassian disobeying Draven in R1 is a huge character beat but, in a TV show, you'd figure he'd be disobeying orders from high command like every other week. Him not taking out Gallen Erso is a huge moment, silent, that he stands up for himself. You get the feeling he's finally saying no to Draven who seems like he's been putting poor Cassian out on wetwork black ops for awhile. Cassian going Rogue every mission for a TV show will definitely devalue that bit. "Hey, Cassian didn't take out Gallen Erso!" "Again?! This is just like those last 4 seasons worth were he went against the mission parameters!"

cwustudent likes this.
  8. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    That's funny that you phrase it that way because I can totally see this being like the "24" of Star Wars, in a good way.

Kole and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If Cassian yells "DAMMIT, KAYTWO! WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!" in the 1st ep I'm sending LFL a fruit basket.

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    My understanding is that Old Saw has two robotic legs, younger Saw still has his left leg.The shot of him walking in the movie is definitely with two robotic feet. The toy is in error having old Saw head on the younger Saw body from the concept art. I'm not sure about his left arm/hand, but there is other concept art of a Saw with a robotic arm as well as two legs.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Regarding Partisans in particular (and spoiler for those who haven't read the Battlefront Inferno novel)
    I wonder if, they do include the Partisans, that we might see a live action Lux Bonteri!

Darkslayer and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  12. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    What awesome news!

It's such a strange feeling I have. I'm completely indifferent to the ST and what they've done with it, and my lack of anticipation for IX is rather strange, but my Star Wars excitement remains, however, is with the anthology films (both Solo and Rogue One) and with these two new TV shows (Madalorian, and the new Cassian Andor show).

Exciting time to be a fan; lots of stuff out there for pretty much everyone.

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  13. Alhazred

Alhazred Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Imagine if we get a Imperial Executor series or Sedriss QL is returned to the canon during this series.

Ithorians and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  14. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Who?

V-2 and cwustudent like this.
  15. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    If the 1st episode doesn't open with Cassian in the fight at six years old, imma riot

16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I am not sure I fully understand the meaning of the words "past, present, and future" in this context. All of the SW movies are presumably set in a galaxy far away, a long time ago. And since Disney decided to screw up not only the EU, but also the official timeline of events, these days I am not really sure what anyone refers to as the present.

If you ask me, I really don't wanna see any stuff beyond Episode 6, timewise. The Resistance and The First Order are two factions that really don't make any sense after the death of the Emperor, so any medium that includes those, doesn't really interest me personally.

jedi-soon, AhsokaSolo and cwustudent like this.
  17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I don't think this series will go for more than one season, which is good IMO. Make it one concise story with beginning, middle and an end that will naturally lead into RO.

Though I really hope there will be flashback scenes when Cassian was a child soldier fighting in the Clone Wars on the side of the Separatists.

18. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Please please give us young Leia with a scene where she sees force induced images of Parke to finally tie up that loose thread

19. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Who is Parke?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T580 mit Tapatalk

20. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    This is absolutely great news.

I would love to see more not only about Kasian, but K-2SO as well.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I think the answer to that is pretty obvious. The present is what is currently going on in the numbered episodes, the past is anything that happened prior to the latest episodes, while the future is something that would happen after the current episodes.

How exactly do the Resistance and First Order not make any sense after the death of the Emperor? :confused:
    The Empire fell, the New Republic took over a again, a splinter group of the Empire secretly build up to bring down the Republic again. The resistance is merely the more radical answer to the First Order, because the Republic itself didn't put the necessary attention to a rising threat.

This is taking a page from actual history, so how could it possibly not make any sense?
    While Imperial Germany isn't really a match for the evil Empire of Star Wars, the story that unfolded in reality very much is. You have a powerful Empire brought down, a new, more radical version appeared in the Nazis. Only a small group of people was clamoring to take them down before it would be too late, with everyone else not worrying too much about it, because there simply was no appetite for another huge war. The Nazis secretly build up their military might and then quickly brought much of Europe to its knees.

Not that you have to be interested in such a story, but it most definately does make a lot of sense ;)

As for the original topic: this show has so much potential just in terms of references alone. There are tons of character that would fit in naturally, even if it were in passing only. So far this is the most intriguing tv-project to me, of all shows that have been shown and/or announced.

23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Incredibly excellent news. Great character choice for a show and looking forward to seeing who else appears.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Old Saw in the movie only had one robotic leg. You can see his foot in the sandal on the other leg.

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    That’s great. Diego was fantastic in Rogue One. Cassian was quite interesting. I would seriously consider buying this series as I dislike streaming and subscription services.

Happy for Diego and all the fans who will watch on Disney+.