main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.07 - Signal from Sector Six - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 10, 2018.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 19, 2018.
  1. 10

6.7%
  2. 9

10.0%
  3. 8

30.0%
  4. 7

16.7%
  5. 6

16.7%
  6. 5

6.7%
  7. 4

3.3%
  8. 3

6.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.3%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.07!!
    Signal from Sector Six

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder how close we are to TFA at this point? There can only be like 5 months left if we say the show started six months before.

4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    since they are doing 22 episodes I guess we can say each episode is about a week of time.

5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Depends if the events of TFA are Season 1 finale or if we'll get it much sooner. Perhaps they'll surprise us and the destruction of Hosnian Prime and FO invasion will already happen in the mid-season finale.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Looks like this episode sets up the next one entitled "Synara's Score".

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I will never look at those Monkey lizards the same way again. Poe really does seem to hate them. Anyway a pretty cool episode, but at least for now not that important in the grand scheme of things.

8. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Is that freighter just a redress of the tanker??

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What tanker?

10. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    From The High Tower...the fuel tanker.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah this one was really fun. Lotta great material from Isaac.

Enfys Nest and chrcharcor2 like this.
  12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Maybe it is the same ship, which the FO let them hit as part of a joint plot?

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    loved this episode.

Enfys Nest likes this.
  14. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Not a fan of this episode. Easily the worst for me. The whole monkey lizard adventure was a bit more childish than I like to see and we didn't get anything from the supporting characters, all of whom I enjoy.

15. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Middle of the road on this one. Cool to see some space flight again but the scenes on the tanker didn't do anything for me. It is always fun to see Poe and BB-8 interact though.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That giant monkey lizard freaked me out as much as any creature in any Star Wars cartoon has.

I’m glad we got an episode with plenty of Poe as well as a chance to see Kaz piloting. And I love BB-8’s quasi-droid’mance with CB-23.

Kaz the Spaz really earned the nickname in this episode, accidentally installing a sleeper agent on Colossus.

17. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Me, to Kaz:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  18. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    WHY. IS. KAZ. NOT. ARMED.

Seriously?!? I mean, I guess when he's on the Colossus you can say "he's supposed to be a mechanic, they typically aren't armed" (although I'm sure he could keep it concealed, but whatever.) But here, why didn't Poe give him a blaster? They're going into unknown territory and have no clue what they'll encounter. This bugs me almost every episode but never moreso than in this one.

Anyways, this is probably my least favorite episode of the series so far. Aside from getting that pirate lady on to the Colossus (obviously setting up something for later) it does nothing to move the plot forward, and the side cast, which is my favorite part of the show, was non existent. And it's disappointing, because I felt the series was on a roll the past few episodes. Oh well, hopefully they can pick up that momentum again next week.

19. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    At least Rebels has Rise of the Old Masters by now.

What does this have?

20. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Huh. I really liked this one. Oscar Isaac chewing the scenery was great. That much screen time on an animated show for a principal actor in a saga film has to be a first... getting more of a feel for Poe as an operative made it pretty real for me.

Enfys Nest and chrcharcor2 like this.
  21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    An okay episode. Poe definitely made it more watchable. It also felt like it was perhaps intended to be the "Halloween episode".

Some positive points:
    - It was nice to hear Kaz acknowledge that he wasn't trained as a spy and that he's not sure what he's doing on the Colossus.
    - X-Wings and little bit of fighter combat! Always welcome and never enough.
    - Kowakian Monkey Lizards!

Some not so positive points:
    - Shouldn't Kaz be used to regimented life and early mornings? He was (is?) military after all...
    - Why didn't Kaz have a sidearm?
    - This episode reminded me that in a show called Resistance, I would prefer to watch the adventures of a New Republic/Resistance fighter squadron in the Outer Rim, rather than adventures of a bunch of randos on a backwater refuelling station in the Outer Rim, but it is what it is. I just hope the FO or at least the pirate attack will come soon enough and we'll have plenty of fighter combat, as that is the most enjoyable part of the show for me.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  22. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    6.5/10

+ Change of scenery from Collosus.
    + Noticed the music more than usual - the flight scenes were lively.
    + Droid pallies - predictable but cute.

- Shoehorning Poe Dameron - he was not needed in this episode. One of the regular cast could have been Kaz's babysitter of the week. Speaking of the other cast, even Rebels had gotten around to a non-Ezra-centric episode by this point. Not every episode needs to be about Kaz.
    - Last five minutes spent wondering "so is any of this leading to a payoff?" Feels like an entire episode was used to set up a 30 second ad for the next one.

23. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Yes, Please, and Thank You. Kaz should have a blaster. Not carrying it around all the time necessarily...but in situations like this. Maybe even tie it into other works with an A-180 like Jyn or a S-195 double barrel like Qi'ra.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    MrDarth0 likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Shouldn't the polls be up by now? Well anyway I'd give it a generous 8/10. It's an extra point than I usually give because they finally left the planet after three episodes; not that they really went anywhere special, mind you. The X-Wing flying scenes are still the most impressive aspect of this series to date. As to the episode itself, it still kind of left something to be desired. So the only reason Poe and Kaz left the planet was to provide the details about what Kaz learned about the First Order in security? Seems kind of lame IMO.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Signal from Sector Six" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018