main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Jedi Council Member Mishap?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by KamNale, Nov 8, 2018.

1. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    So for my upcoming Clone Wars RPG I was researching the Jedi Council and I think there's an issue here.

1. Did Oppo Rancisis get removed from the council?
    He survived the Purge
    2. Depa Billaba got her seat back. Then, Obi-Wan had a seat in 3. Who did he replace?
    3. Stass Allie got Adi Gallia's seat.
    4. Anakin got Even Piell's.
    5. How did Coleman GOAT Kcaj get a seat then?

I mean, there's not really anything on wookieepedia, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    NO ONE cares about Coleman Kcaj.

(Yay I got to say it again!)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I actually had to look up Coleman Kcaj-apparently not even legends developed the character beyond appearing in the background. Wookieepedia doesn't even say how he died in order 66.

4. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Really surprising he wasn't developed further given the huge effort they clearly went through in coming up with the name Coleman Kcaj.

not srs

Jeff_Ferguson and DarthJaceus like this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Coleman Trebor and Coleman Kcaj-I think both of their names came from someone at Lucasfilm IIRC.

Tython Awakening and DarthJaceus like this.
  6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    It was 10 years between ep 1 and 2 and 3 years between 2 and 3...they could have just had a management reshuffling.

7. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    But like, in the Kanan novel Obi-Wan gave her a seat on the Council. In ROTS she's not there and instead it's Obi. So I think that might be an issue cause all the other seats I think are filled.

8. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Remember when the characters of Agen Kolar & Stass Allie were invented because someone decided that replacing the actors who played Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia was too confusing?

9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Council members per film:

32 BBY
    - Plo Koon (Kel Dor male) Even Piell (Lannik male)
    - Mace Windu (human male) Oppo Rancisis (Thisspiasian male)
    - Yoda (Unknown male) Adi Gallia (Tholothian female)
    - Ki-Adi-Mundi (Cerean male) Yarael Poof (Quermian male)
    - Saesee Tiin (Iktotchi male) Eeth Koth (Zabrak male)
    - Yaddle (Unknown female) Depa Billaba (Chalactan female)

22 BBY
    - Plo Koon (Kel Dor male) Even Piell (Lannik male)
    - Mace Windu (human male) Oppo Rancisis (Thisspiasian male)
    - Yoda (Unknown male) Adi Gallia (Tholothian female)
    - Ki-Adi-Mundi (Cerean male) Coleman Trebor (Vurk male)
    - Saesee Tiin (Iktotchi male) Eeth Koth (Zabrak male)
    - Shaak Ti (Togruta female) Depa Billaba (Chalactan female)

19 BBY
    - Plo Koon (Kel Dor male) Anakin Skywalker (human male)
    - Mace Windu (human male) Coleman Kcaj (Ongree male)
    - Yoda (Unknown male) Saesee Tiin (Iktotchi male)
    - Ki-Adi-Mundi (Cerean male) Kit Fisto (Nautolan male)
    - Obi-Wan Kenobi (human male) Shaak Ti (Togruta female)
    - Agen Kolar (Zabrak male) Stass Allie (Tholothian female)

Clone Wars Council by seasons:
    Season 1 - Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi [unconfirmed], Kit Fisto [unconfirmed]
    Season 2 - Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth
    Season 3 - Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Even Piell (KIA)
    Season 4 - Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin
    Season 5 - Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia (KIA), Eeth Koth, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Coleman Kcaj
    Season 6 - Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Coleman Kcaj, Oppo Rancisis

Clone Wars really never attempted to get the Jedi Council sorted out until Season 6 really and we were still missing out on who was really replacing who. Coleman Kcaj was only added to the Council after Adi Gallia's death. Wherever Depa Billaba was until post-S6 is unknown (though in the original timeline Kenobi replaced her, as Fisto replaced Trebor). We missed out on Rancisis and Koth's fates, which meant we never knew when Agen Kolar and Stass Allie joined the Council. So, this really falls onto Filoni and the story writers. It should've been top priority to get the Council done in S1 and then slowly replace them as casualties mounted.

My headcanon is that Billaba stood down from the Council after Geonosis and was initially placed in charge of the youngling clans in the Temple. She named Kenobi as her replacement. Eventually, however, the war forced her to join the other Jedi but she ended up running afoul of Grievous on Haruun Kal and she ended up in a coma. After recovering, Kenobi offered her seat back and she accepted, though asked Kenobi to be placed on the Council to fill in the vacancy left by Gallia or Piell's deaths (the Council had only appointed one member Kcaj in the interim). Billaba likely left the Council again shortly after though to focus on training Caleb Dume and healing herself and that's when Kolar or Allie joined the Council. Rancisis and Koth were gone by the Battle of Coruscant (be nice if Rancisis was actually dead instead of around, same with Kcaj really) and the finally vacancies were sorted out.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Sinrebirth and DarthJaceus like this.
  10. Nom von Anor

Oct 7, 2012
    He's there... sitting, standing, occasionally even taking a few steps... always watching...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  11. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    That's actually a real sweet video

Nom von Anor and vncredleader like this.
  12. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah... that was really, really silly.

You know, or it somehow preserved someone's sanity somewhere not to have to deal with that jarring cognitive dissonance. Could be. I hope those people didn't go see SOLO, though.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Dammit, I knew I waited too long before clicking on this thread.

BigAl6ft6 and Nom von Anor like this.
  14. Nom von Anor

Oct 7, 2012
    You, sir, have my eternal respect, because I believe it was you who started the thing in the first place.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It just goes to show how big the Star Wars universe is that legends couldn't even get around to developing every character.

16. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I'd be willing to bet that if Legends had gone on for 40 more years, they still wouldn't have done anything with Coleman Kcaj.

17. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I love how ridiculous it ended up being.

- Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia sit on the Jedi Council in Episode II using archive footage from Episode I
    - Agen Kolar and Stass Allie fight at Geonosis, but not Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia (at least in the movie)
    - Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia die during the Clone Wars and people who look a whole lot like them are conveniently around to take their Jedi Council spots in time for Episode III

(And then Stass Allie was recast for Episode III but the character remained the same this time)

Also, Depa Billaba has her own Agen Kolar, too, but since that replacement didn't end up in Episode III she's often forgotten about.

Because, you know, those three characters were so important --- and were featured so prominently on-screen during the Battle of Geonosis --- that fandom would have revolted at their recasting. Pitchforks and torches at Skywalker Ranch.

Vthuil, FS26 and Nom von Anor like this.
  18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah we would have gotten a detailed text of the fall of the Rakatan empire, a book covering every banite Sith, and probably a load of other things would have been covered but Coleman Kcaj would still have received no attention.

19. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    I wonder why they don't bother doing anything with Colman Kcaj?

20. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Because nobody wants to attempt to pronounce that last name. It'll just make them angry about tuckerisms going too far.

They at least had the decency to drop the K for Cin Drallig --- they couldn't have given us Coleman Caj? No, because they were intentionally trying to be as cruel as possible. Jerks, the lot of them!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Nom von Anor likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  22. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    That reminds me, what does everyone think his last name sound like?

Caw-sh (Like Asajj)
    Kay-sack
    Kay-Saj

23. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    K'zhazh or K'chazh iare my best guesses. I can't see that "c" as an "s" sound so I get kinda Slavic with it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  24. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Ka-kadge.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I just go "Kadge." Simple enough. [face_dunno]

WMIRTUTSF likes this.