main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The Palpatine and Maul series could both be politics shows one with senators the other with criminals. I think the 3 third live action show will be in the prequel era, so it's either those two villains or a jedi story. then we have a bounty hunter/Mandolorian, rebels/empire shows se third seems logical for mythological show with either sith or a jedi story. if it is a jedi story, give me the young jedi knight Dooku with young Qui gon and old wise master Yoda. or if they could do it with Ewan or close likeness, Obi wan and Anakin between 2 3.

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Yes, exactly, that's what happened with The Clone Wars, and look at what happened to Solo. Without George, I suppose they had to learn the hard way. On the bright side, it seems they've realized that the film format is limiting their creative potential. I hope they might reconsider the film, Solo, as a pilot for a potential series.

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    We haven't had live action PT era since 2005, and with already having 2 upcoming series set close to the OT era, and Disney being very lite on Jedi live action wise, I want to see again when Jedi reigned.

Actually I would prefer Old Republic, but if Disney wants to stick to close to movie events, how about a clone commando series (or miniseries) like band of brothers?

Or what about a series that follows a new Jedi duo of master and apprentice beginning a few years before the war. Eventually seeing the beginning of the clone wars from a different perspective.

The 10 years between TPM and AoTC so far has little material.

PimpBacca likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    An Obi-Wan and Anakin series set during those ten years could be pretty interesting. Maybe set it a few years after TPM so they could cast a new Anakin without conflicting with either Jake or Hayden's portrayals.

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Star Wars is at its core a story with strong ties to the supernatural; that's really what makes it distinct from other sci-fi like Star Trek (there is a line of thinking that SW is actually fantasy rather than sci-fi because of this; I don't entirely buy it, but there are some good points to be made to that effect; SW includes elements of both). I am surprised that we have 2 new series, neither of which are based on stories primarily about force users.

I think that is clearly what we need (this is, after all, Star Wars even if it is a new medium for it). I would like to see a NEW story about a force user we have never heard of, NOT in an era already covered by movies. Maybe a story intertwined with the new characters in D&D or Rian's movies, or maybe a story from the Old Republic or a remote planet.

Although not my preference, I would enjoy a saga of Obi-Wan on Tattoine (seems like a natural setting for a TV show, however, Ewan is a MUST, no Ewan=DEALBREAKER), or Anakin during a time period that has yet to be covered. Also, maybe a story concerning Jedi of the Republic during the purge or during pre-Empire adventures.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  6. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I just want to see Quinlan Vos doing Quinan Vos things during the purge.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  7. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I’d like to see the story from solo continue via a tv show, I’d also like to see a series set between episodes 1 and 2 following two new Jedi a master and apprentice on there aventures around the Galaxy.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  8. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    eh Trek has plenty of magic stuff in it (Q, Prophets being the major ones)
    yeah yeah I know the advanced being equal magic thing, but same could be said of star wars magic, overall I don't consider trek to be any closer to real science than wars it, them blabbering some technobabble every now and then doesn't make it scientific, it just makes it sound more scientific
    also people usually just call the fusion of scifi with fantasy science fantasy and there are plenty of examples of that one, SW was obviously a big influence on the genre

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    There are actually a number of things in Trek that came true in terms of technology. Obviously most of it isn't real science, but it is geared more in that direction by far than SW. It doesn't make it better, and in fact, one of the reasons SW, and in particular the OT, is so much more popular is that it maintains a mystical sense; it has a magic to it that Trek lacks. Trek ha s a much dryer approach, and that shows in the overall popularity.

Yes, SW was a big influence on that genre in terms of movies, but not so much in literature- SW is way to tame to be in the neighborhood of a lot of the sci-fi/fantasy books.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  10. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    They gotta do something with the Force in the next series. We’re getting Empire V Rebels with Cassian and the Underworld with Mandalorian. Third one needs a bit of the old Jedi / Sith magic.

I propose a series about Kenobi, starring McGregor.
    And a show with Darth Maul being a crazy crimelord anarchist psycho.

In fact I propose both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    They definitely seem to be focusing on the Live Action TV format, for Star Wars. This wouldn't stop them from doing an Obi-Wan Kenobi project (especially when Ewan McGregor has expressed interest in returning to the Role).

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think TV would be the perfect format for a Kenobi Show. Obi-Wan, being stuck on Tatooine, could be a tough sell for a Theatrical release; but it would be perfect as a TV Mini-Series, where a smaller visual scale (throw in a Krayt Dragon ;)) would be accepted. More room for experimentation (more Character development using flashbacks, for example) as well.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. And maybe Obi-wan could even dust off his detective skills from AOTC and ROTS, and investigate a series-spanning mystery? “True Detective: Tatooine.”

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd like: Jake Skywalker and the nudist planet!

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It won't surprise me at all if we get a young Luke Skywalker TV show.

15. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    The fact that Disney puts a lot of there Movie/Main Characters in those new Marvel/Star Wars Series, gives me hope that we might see some Obi Wan show in the near future .
    Also an Solo Series that picks up after the Movie ends would be awesome .
    Get Maul and Crimson Dawn involved and I'm a Happy Fan Boy.

PimpBacca likes this.
  16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    But... isn't Luke just running the moisture farm as a young man? Not very interesting as a show I wouldn't think.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  17. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I could see them retconning something in there. Plus you could have Obi-wan pop up from time to time.

Not saying I think this is a good idea. Just saying I could see it happening.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Let us pray they don't do that. Luke was naïve and not knowing much when Obi Wan shows up in ANH; galactic adventures would be a big contradiction. Unless it was about Luke fighting the sand people when he went on vacations in the dunes....

I think an Obi Wan adventure is much more likely; they could retcon on and off-planet adventures without so much contradiction.

Since they already are planning 2, I don't know how many more TV shows they will plan in the near future.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah I think if they did a Young Luke show his adventures would be pretty low stakes. There wouldn't be any end of the world stuff and he wouldn't be fighting the Empire. It would be monster of the week stuff and "my friend's in trouble and I have to help him" sorta stuff.

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    IN-GA44 could look like this in live action I imagine.
    [​IMG]

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    An Anthology series set before TPM. Each season consisting of a new story about a Jedi or a pair of Jedi.

Blobofat likes this.
  22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah that might be pretty cool.

I'm still patiently waiting for the Ahsoka/Sabine spin off. I'm hoping that can of worms is spilled at Star Wars Celebration this year. That series has many possibilities especially if it is taking place in the Unknown Regions. :)

23. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, that's what I'd like to see, something full-on prequel-era from Disney. Not back as far as that Knights Of The Old Republic BS from Legends (though the Game Of Thrones guys' films exploring ancient-era Star Wars would be great, just don't use KOTOR as a basis, it feels so derivative design-wise), but like...10 years before TPM. 20 maybe. Guess you could even do something with a young Qui-Gonn, but brand new characters would be my preference.

Love the prequel era, it was just all the greenscreen execution of it all from George that was pretty blahh. But all of those Doug Chiang types of designs in a more grounded/tangible feel would be so awesome. It's been cool seeing the between-trilogies stuff in R1 & Solo (especially going further back with Solo), but somewhere down the line I'd love some side-story before Palpatine started putting his plans into action.

24. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    :eek: Heresy! [face_shame_on_you]

25. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    A Luke Skywalker show starring Mark Hamill. Set 15 to 20 years after ROTJ. Luke is older, no beard yet. Traveling the galaxy, maybe training a Jedi or two. Ben won't begin his training for a few years, so have the show focus on Luke's adventures and struggles with defining what the rebuilt Jedi Order should be like. Have him meet different people or force worshipping religions with different views of the force than him, that sow the seeds that will eventually lead him to believe the Jedi should end when his darkest moment eventually comes.

Some of the Jedi he trains could eventually become Knights of Ren in IX.

Maybe introduce Snoke in the show, giving backstory to why he so desperately wants Skywalker to die in the films beyond just him being the last Jedi. Maybe Luke is the one that scars him?

Perhaps Ben eventually is introduced as a character in the show, though I don't know if Adam would reprise the role.

Visually and thematically the show could borrow from samurai films. Luke as a lone samurai/Jedi roaming the wild trying to learn as much as he can before he fufills his committment to bring the Jedi Order back. Maybe have part of the show revolve around him communicating with ghost Anakin or Yoda. Learning from the past.