main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2018/ **Word Race November 2018**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 9, 2018.

1. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Hey all. I'm glad to see people getting words down!

Now that I'm in 'winter quarters', no, I'm not military, lol, my seasonal job ended and now I'm farther north, so I'm cold, but I also have to pretty much go outside to get an internet connection, I haven't been able to connect as often as I'd like.

On the other hand, that's given me much more time to write. I've been on fire - figuratively, not literally - and my grand total so far is: 27,266!

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yay for all the words! Keep them coming. [face_dancing]

As for me, I'm slowly but surely keeping up with my averaging a thousand words a day goal. My new total is 8,914 now. :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated

Looks like a lot of people are on track to make their goals! Keep at it!! =D=

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks, mav, and keep up the fine work, everyone! :D I'm now up to 1735.

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Past few days I've just barely been hitting my personal daily goal. Not complaining but making up for those first few missed days has become a really hard challenge, but I think that is all part of the challenge. I think I just need a day where I just sit down and write - which will hopefully be this Sunday. But I'm up to 5369.

But today I managed to complete a Diary entry even though my muse has seemingly completely shut down on that fic, so that was a win.

6. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    Awesome! =D= Great going, everyone so far!

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've gone past 2,000 words! I'll update with a final word count later. I'm only 14,667 or so words behind right now, but I'm at Starbucks with plenty of coffee and I have some good music too.

8. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I work as a Youth Services Librarian, and this year our Adult Services person decided to host a NaNoWriMo "write in" on Saturdays. Since it's my turn to work a weekend, I'm currently sitting with 11 other folks who are taking the challenge. I just added 857 words to my Star Wars Pirate Challenge fic, which is more work than I've gotten done in the last three months combined. So, not really meeting my weekly goal, but am working toward a finished product. May have to come in next Saturday, just to have time specifically for writing....

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Today my brain just wasn't that into writing (I was just so tired from running some errands with my mother), but I've had a few pretty productive days before that so I'm not too concerned. I'm up to 7513.

10. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    As of today, I'm getting closer to halfway to my goal... I am up to 41,516.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What with various updates/RPGs, I added 1,380 words for a grand total now of 2,280 :D :)

12. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts have been updated.

I've gotten some a bit more written than my word count shows, but not all that much. I've got a few days off and dp will be on a short work trip, so I'm hopeful I can just sit down and write.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I made it to 8900 today! I was aiming for a bit more but a bit of a stomach bug put a bit of a damper on my plans.

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew! So, work made for a few absolute dead days from my muse. But I sat down this morning and managed to churn out almost five thousand words in a flurry of typing, bringing my total to 13,302 words. That keeps my thousand words a day average, at least, which I am all too happy for. :D

15. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    Go everybody!!! Everyone will reach their goals... I have foreseen it. :emperor:

My total as of this moment: 46,415.

16. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    So I am 915 words behind on my goal, managed a grand total of 166 words yesterday, most of which are now useless after working out a plot point in my story. My total is a dismal 2901. I have a balky moose muse that alternately gets all excited about writing and then refuses to work when I sit down to write and procrastinates away all my writing time. Unless divine lightning strikes the moose’s backside, I don’t see how i’m ever going to meet my goal at this point. :(

17. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    You can do it, @Raissa Baiard

Feed that pesky muse some Moose Tracks!

18. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Total word count... 980! (And I totally had to look in a thesaurus for alternate word meanings...)

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm at 10,008! Which is significant because it means I'm finally on track on my 834 words per day goal, plus I finished my MMM fic. We will see how long me being on track lasts for; I had to go to my mother's today and they are all sick with the flu there (I was sprinkling hand sanitizer like Holy water) and I kinda shirked my school work today so I have to be back at it tomorrow.

20. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    Awesome! [face_party]

That's the spirit, keep being optimistic. [face_plain] [face_peace] You can get there and beyond!!! :)

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I think I will try a Word Race for 5,000 words right now.

If I do more yay!

This is an original fiction from a screenplay I wrote 7 years ago.

Congrats to everyone who is hitting their goals in NaNo and the Word Race.

Thanks!

22. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    I'm up to 48,368 and starting to get nervous that I won't reach my goal. Not quite halfway there and we've got Thanksgiving coming up. [face_nail_biting] [face_praying]

23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    1080 words so far.

Congrats on the awesome word counts everyone. You can do it.

24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated.

My muse is being a butt. I have a bunch of ideas and then when I sit down to write.... nothing. I think I need a change of scenery. Maybe I'll go to Starbucks or something one of these days and see if that helps.

25. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Checking in with 580 more words, to make it... 1560!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018