main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Join Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Yoda, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, and more in Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures, a new series of animated shorts celebrating the galaxy far, far away!

Coming to the Star Wars Kids Youtube channel

2. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Art design looks solid. Not enthused about it being retellings of the Saga movies as it would be fun to see side stories using the characters during the same period. However, I am looking forward to watching with my daughters. We have been enjoying Resistance together so anything that let’s us watch as a family is a plus in my book, er, video streaming library.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Looks better than FOD at least. But want Aphra, her two murder droids, Momin, Thane, Cienna, Terex, other characters in general.
    Heck, give us some post ROTJ stuff!
    3 seconds or so of PT stuff but we shall see.

4. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    This is a great way to introduce Gen Z fans to the true Star Wars. Sharp younglings might say “Hey. This is just like Force Awakens”. Parent response. (Sobbing) “I know!”

5. I like this animation better than Resistance

vong333 and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Did my eyes deceive or did I see a little of Rogue One/ Solo in that montage?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    As opposed to, y'know, all that fake Star Wars they've been getting their hands on.

RokurGepta, Serfer, Sly442 and 11 others like this.
  8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Looks like there might be at least some 'side' stuff in it - it looked like the cut scene of the wampa in Echo Base possibly might be in there. But then again, FOD did that already too.

9. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The animation/art looks great, so I'm definitely in it for that at least.

spicer likes this.
  10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Imagine having a short series titled in the gap between ESB/RoTJ or a series set during the New Republic era with this animation.

Rouge Squadron series?

It's really unfortunate they are spending their time simply retelling scenes from the films instead of investing in new ones with this art style.

revan772 and Dr. Steve Brule like this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    An animated rendition of the Original Trilogy. And... that one Dooku duel!

So maybe instead of Maz telling the story like those Forces of Destiny skits, the story tying these together is that one duel with Dooku, because... Dooku hits Yoda on the head one too many times and he suddenly has visions of the future? The OT passes before his eyes?

Anywho, for the next two days I'll just keep telling myself the Geonosis skit will include the Separatist Council scene and live in a state of fleeting blissful ignorance.[:D]

12. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Gen Z Star Wars

13. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    I must've missed that one, title's not familiar.

14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Is this just cartoon versions of OT scenes? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revan772 likes this.
  15. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's to launch the Star Wars Kids YouTube channel, so it's either something familiar to get started with, or it's actually trying to interest kids in the original films which, let's face it, can look dated now compared to the new stuff.

16. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    This looks great. Reminds me of the manga adaptations.

17. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Dang that animation is stylin'

Shame these look like they will just be shorts. I'd watch a full serialized show done this way.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I can't wait to see 5 Jawa's jumping and flipping from behind a rock, tossing some throwing stars, and watching R2 dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge them before getting hit by the Jawa's stun gun.

But seriously, it looks good.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  19. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Digging that animation style.

And I'll be on vacation in Taggeland telling myself the ANH shorts will include the Death Star conference room scene [​IMG] (kids everywhere enthralled! playsets flying off the shelves!)

20. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    But from what we've seen in the trailer, the retelling of certain scenes will be much more dynamic than the original... thus making the films even more dated in comparison.

21. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Didn't you know? All of the content we have been thinking was official is actually a cheap Chinese knock-off. I mean either that or there exists SW content that some like and some dislike.......nah that's just absurd

22. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Hopefully these shorts will be a bit like the nu-canon novels where they show us scenes we already know but with the odd extended interaction here or there.
    Like for instance the part in princess, smuggler and farmboy that had Obi-Wan tell Luke what a Sith was during his remote training

23. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    Yes, that is precisely what they're doing: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxy-of-adventures

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree with this. though I'm a bit biased as I am not digging Resistance at all.

I think this is something good. I hope that the colors stay bright and that they can add a lot of perspective. I miss star wars having a fun 2-d type animation that doesn't have to be canon or serialized. Much like Avenges: Earth Mightiest Heroes. Those 52 episodes were fun to watch and I still watch them to this day.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

Matt Martin
    ‏@missingwords
    I believe there will be translated versions available soon in your region.
    Can also go watch them on their website.
    http://lol.disney.com/star-wars-kids

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018