main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

[​IMG]
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxy-of-adventures

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The trailer alone has my attention compared to shows like Resistance. Not crazy about the simple animation style, but some minor tweaks, especially to the human faces would make it even better. Great to see the classic characters, but I'm not expecting much depth. Like the other SW shorts, they tend to be used as advertisements for products. Hasbro already has a repack line of basic figures for the series - I hope we get something new though, a newly sculpted ANH Leia would be great!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Abit anime.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm gonna love this and i know it. I guess we will see these shorts trougout to episode 9. these first probaly be mainly original trilogy then prequel and sequel. we may get 20 episodes before next december.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That trailer was legitimately excellent. The LFL animation output is getting better and better.

Trikuza23 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    some of the scenes like lkue taking his fathers saber, reminded me of japanese anime.

Jedi Knight Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    One thing is for sure, from just that first look video, the animation is infinitely superior to Forces of Destiny's. The movement of Luke's clothes and hair when he turns on the lightsabre is quite impressive, and the shot of Vader choking Capt Antilles is really well done and quite dark. They are clearly aiming this to appeal to the parents just as much as their kids, especially with the 80s anime like style. I'd actually like to know what animation studio is producing this. I don't think it looks like Lucasfilm animation studio's work.

Bor Mullet and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The animation style has to be simple it’s being put on YouTube it can’t be expensive at all.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I will pass on this series. I like the animation style but i want to see new content, not animated versions of movie scenes.

Their is practically nothing set between ESB and RoTJ, why not an original story their?

Then their is the New Republic era.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Inflatable stormtrooper at 0:06 in the video :leia::storm:

An adaptiion of Shadows of the Empire.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This seems pretty pointless. Thankfully it's just a YouTube series so I can easily ignore it. :p

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  12. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I like the animation style until it gets to the faces but even then the faces are better than what FOD Anakin's ended up looking like.

Kinda torn on this one.

13. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    This looks really cool.
    I hope they do everything in chronological order; including the anthology films and the sequel trilogy too.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That's valid, but some of it is so simply drawn / animated that it looks unfinished, thats my only objection. As I said, if they updated the human faces, it would look much better.

15. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I agree. The animation looks good, but why not new content? If they are bothering to animate Han, Luke, and Leia; then why not show what they are up to after ROTJ? Or they could even do another Micro-Series, set between Episode VIII and IX, like the original (which I loved) that took place between Episodes II and III.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Really wish Disney would stop remaking the original trilogy. If I did that same type of thing in my life I'd expelled from graduate school.

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    What an odd choice. I like the style of it, and the character models. So visually, I really like the look. But as far as I can tell its basically just scenes from the OT, just animated and "spruced up"? Really weird decision-making there. Why not just a micro-series with new stories (like the original CW series) set during the OT?

Sab Jo likes this.
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Man I would love to see a nu canon version of Shadows of the Empire in this animation.

Or if they want Han, a big 3 adventure set during the last year of the war. Not long after RoTJ.

jedi-soon likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This should be interesting

20. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    If they give us a canon story between ESB and ROTJ, I doubt it’ll be in this format. I’m hoping it will be a cinematic or TV live action release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sab Jo likes this.
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Better to use animation than recast all the OT characters. Nobody wants a new Luke and Leia.

Alhazred and jedi-soon like this.
  22. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Agreed, but I’d rather they do it in high quality 3D animation. You’ve got Leia, Luke, Lando, Boba and Vader...... it shouldn’t be wasted on a kiddy cartoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sab Jo likes this.
  23. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm sure we will be treated to stuff like this sooner or later.

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    So does this mean FOD is officially over?

Looks fun and the animation is definitely heavily inspired by Japanese anime.

25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I like this a lot, and supposedly its part of something bigger. So there coming out with toys, maybe books and a comic book series or something from Joe Books. Looking forward to it. I'm not feeling Resistance and I for one am tired of the lets make all canon type stories. Its becoming very boring. Not a fan of the new canon anyway. Hopefully they'll cover the movies and then branch out all the way up to Episode 9.